Sign in to follow this  
MarcOwaR

amd radeon 8875

I have a amd radeon 8875, it's a fairly powerful graphics card, runs crysis 3, BF4 etc on high - ultra settings and still get 60fps.

I have crappy monitors but they do me. there Resolution are capped at 1280 x 1024, I'm running windows 7 I have 12 gig of ddr 3 ram.

Trying to run Dayz on the res 1280x1024 on the lowest setting iI get around 10-15 fps - I've tried the tips and tricks to improve performace from the forum and getting no change. Maybe someone with the same gpu could help me on what I'm doing wrong. Cheers

What your doing wrong is thinking your going to get high fps in dayz.

• Like 2

The game is CPU heavy, you probably have a AMD CPU dont you? it runs better with intel.

• Like 1

I have a amd radeon 8875, it's a fairly powerful graphics card, runs crysis 3, BF4 etc on high - ultra settings and still get 60fps.

I have crappy monitors but they do me. there Resolution are capped at 1280 x 1024, I'm running windows 7 I have 12 gig of ddr 3 ram.

Trying to run Dayz on the res 1280x1024 on the lowest setting iI get around 10-15 fps - I've tried the tips and tricks to improve performace from the forum and getting no change. Maybe someone with the same gpu could help me on what I'm doing wrong. Cheers

Dayz and BIS games in general need cpu as much as GPU, what are you running for a cpu?

I have never even heard of such a card. Does that exist?

I have never even heard of such a card. Does that exist?

I am assuming he means a 8870 

My bad about the graphics card info. its a AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC. My CPU is pretty old, still okish it's called "AMD bulldozer". Guess I'll have to wait for a new renderer. Used to play this with 650ti or 660ti (cannie mind name) and manged to play ok 30 fps with setting fairly maxed out. 

It's just unplayable atm with this setup, I was maybe thinking it didn't like AMD GPUs or something. cheers though for feedback

Edited by MarcOwaR

what AMD processor?

there are Athlon, Phenom, A6,....

how many HDD/SDD/... and Partitions do you have?

where is your game/Steam installed?

I got some drawbacks in fps caused by the HDD system setup by a friend.

Changing the drive/disk can also help! DayZ reads a lot of data on your hard-drive!

also how big is your VRAM selected and what setting do you have for your pagefile.sys?

(your GPU should be fast enough, tried this on a HD 6870 got more frames :P)

Edited by DATA