Sign in to follow this  
HaveADeath

Add a Rowboat to the game.

So with persistence up and running along with the new prison island everyone likes to explore we will soon need boats in my opinion. 

First let me start with the prison on the new island.

Every time you want to go there you will have to swim to the other island risking loosing your gear in the water which sucks, not to mention it takes a while to get there by swimming.

Also with persistence up and running it would be nice to set up a base on a separate island and go back and forth to the main land to gather loot and actually survive. Only problem is it would be a hassle having to swim back and forth risking loosing the gear you our trying to haul in the water.

.53 experimental has already shown us a canoe paddle but you can only use it as a melee weapon. So why not take the model of the boat that the paddle spawns at and turn that boat into one that you can take in the water and use the paddle to push it(understand its not that simple). Maybe even be able to tie up the boat with rope to a small rock or have a small anchor you can find to throw in the water to make the boat sit.Also you should be able to fish out of the boat, and it should be able to carry 2 people at the most.

VvVO2RK.jpg

• Like 3

Why not would make a reasonable addition what about making an impovosed raft will take time and materials.

Why make another boat when they have the skin and the model for this one already they would just need to make animations and a few other things.

Why not would make a reasonable addition what about making an impovosed raft will take time and materials.

that is a very reasonable decision...dont you see all the little boats turned over around the coast?

that is a very reasonable decision...dont you see all the little boats turned over around the coast?

I do but they might have holes in them.....

I like it.

Should require to find paddels first though.

Yes please, and let us load backpacks into it :)

I would love to row out into nowhere and fill the bags i brought with fish!!

Yes please, and let us load backpacks into it :)

I would love to row out into nowhere and fill the bags i brought with fish!!

That's what I was thinking. It would be like true survival, you could send a crew out to go fish fill the bags and come back to the base so everyone can have a nice feast with eachother. Boats may be a small item but it could change the way the game is played in my opinion.

Edited by HaveADeath

I'm all in for it, just have no idea how difficult implementation would be (most likely far more difficult than one would think).

I just looked it up, boats are not included in the roadmap for 2015...  :(

I'm all in for it, just have no idea how difficult implementation would be (most likely far more difficult than one would think).

Boats are already part of the engine and have been for many years (Arma has a ton of boats)

So my guess is it would be about the same as creating another driveable vehicle really :)

• Like 1

While I'm all for a rowboat, what about a self inflating life raft? You could find them on Boats or in Wrecks for example. They have two forms, in their "packaged" state they can be stowed away inside a backpack, they are quite large however and take up as much room as a backpack within a backpack. Once deployed they can't be stowed away but you have your very own life raft providing you can find a paddle to use.

flo-4354-00.jpg

While I'm all for a rowboat, what about a self inflating life raft? You could find them on Boats or in Wrecks for example. They have two forms, in their "packaged" state they can be stowed away inside a backpack, they are quite large however and take up as much room as a backpack within a backpack. Once deployed they can't be stowed away but you have your very own life raft providing you can find a paddle to use.

flo-4354-00.jpg

This would be awesome i would love it but we are talking about just starts here. The picture of the boat I posted is directly from dayz they already have the skin and model all they have to do is make the mechanics and animations for it floating. If they added this they would have to start with the base of skinning it and actually making it not to mention it would be a pain to make the animation of it blowing up.