Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update: 0.53.126348

Heads up - pushing an incremental update on the march towards 0.53 stable tonight.

Known issues include:

• Drinking from wells & ponds can get character stuck in action state (use cancel action to get out) - However filling containers from these operate fine
  • Consumption of fuels in fireplaces is not tracked properly
  • Flames cannot be seen at night on fireplaces
  • Catwalks on the prison tower can cause fractures - be careful when going on the metal gangways

All of these issues will be investigated in the morning by the team - please use this thread to discuss any potential issues you are having -only-

General exp branch discussion should be in the proper thread.

Edit: Please be advised, Exp server counts will be down - we'll roll out to more servers in the morning/afternoon.

Edit: If you are using streaming software - in order for it to capture the game, you'll need to enable Anti Cheat mode (all major software should have it)

• Like 24

Appreciate the folks being kind, but keep this thread to issue reports only! Hiding everything else.

• Like 1

Logged in to a US experimental server and the zombies were walking through walls like they didn't exist.  They couldn't see me if I was already inside, but if they saw me go in they walked through like the walls didn't exist.

Crossbows have a muzzle flash, probably not the intended use of that feature. I noticed a problem with reloading the flare gun. The flare ammo doesn't actually come out of its place in the inventory, and when reloading sometimes my flare would lock up and not be able to fire at all till I either dropped it or moved it around in my inventory. Also when I swim my backpack and gun disappear. Not sure if that's a new issue or not.

Edited by KaiserXI

Seems to be an issue with the new hatchet.  I was unable to get any hits on zed's with it. 

Also couldn't hit anything with the hatchet

I tried to hit the wall just to see if its possible to hit anything and it made no noise and seemed to be unable to hit anything

I couldn't make a splint using a rag or bandage, It starts to make it then just finishes and uses no materials and gives no splint

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin

The problem with your server position lagging behind your client or getting stuck is noticeably worse than before. This is probably the cause of the leg breaking in the prison

No matter how much we drink from a PET bottle we can't get past yellow thirsty status

Animal AI doesn't seem to work properly. Ran right at a deer but no response until I was 3 meters from it. Then he ran like 10 meters and stopped.

I can always hear sound of eating and drinking and reloading or something aroud me, when to solve the old bug?

OR YOU DEV CLAIM THIS AS ACOUSMA

Played both regular and veteran. First impression is no Zeds. This may be do them all being eliminated on heavy populated servers. Had problems eating, drinking, and picking up items. Eating and drinking got options to inspect items but not consume. Some items, food weapons etc, I could inspect but not pick up. All these issues could be fixed by logging off then logging back on. There appears that something has been done to sound when walking. I hear what sounds like someone else walking next to or behind. Also heard the random eating, drinking etc sounds.

Animal AI doesn't seem to work properly. Ran right at a deer but no response until I was 3 meters from it. Then he ran like 10 meters and stopped.

Yeah I just noticed the animal ai as well.  It seems like the old animal ai right now.

This has propably been on the previous patch, but police cars no longer exist! http://imgur.com/a/GtL4zAlso having issues with items not being able to be picked up once someone else have already picked them up and then put them on the ground. Edit: Also a few servers don't work at all! Very hard to get in atm.

Edited by Henrik115

msy, on 30 Jan 2015 - 2:28 PM, said:

I can always hear sound of eating and drinking and reloading or something aroud me, when to solve the old bug?

OR YOU DEV CLAIM THIS AS ACOUSMA

They have told us time and time again that this has to do with server optimization and that that is a gonna take a long while to fix.

So please, quit whining about this and enjoy the game.

Or go play another non-alpha game.

Did the servers crash? Can't connect to any of them

Wondering the same thing...  Looks for me that theyre full all the time... but streamers are playing on exp so maybe theyre just full.

Wondering the same thing... Looks for me that theyre full all the time... but streamers are playing on exp so maybe theyre just full.

DE05 SE01are down for sure, one is stuck at 0/50 the other 59/60 let's see what happens when they restart Edited by LeAkX