Sign in to follow this  
NoPaEr10

Civilian loot in barracks?

Is it possible that civilian loot, like taloon backpacks, spawn in barracks?

And btw, tbh I've hopped some servers and havent found a high cap vest in like 5 servers in the barracks. The server had just restarted.

hopping is like fooling arround with 5 different girls in one night.

u will get herpes ! 

and no ! high cap vest still spawn.

• Like 1

u will get herpes ! 

and no ! high cap vest still spawn.

I think by "herpes" he means a few guys ambushing server hoppers in a military base

• Like 1

And btw, tbh I've hopped some servers and havent found a high cap vest in like 5 servers in the barracks. The server had just restarted.

1 - No, not according to the map\spawn table I am aware of.  It must have been left there by another player.

2a - High capacity vests can spawn on the bed, under the bed or on the floor in the barracks.  However, they are one of about 90 possible items.  I'm not good enough to calculate the probability of finding one across 5 barracks but i do know that one of the golden rules of DayZ is that if you want to find something, you won't find it.  

2b - I'd also point out that if you were server hopping other people would be too, so the chance of you being the first person to hit the same barracks on 5 restarted servers in a row is probably quite low.  I'm willing to bet that at least one or more was already looted by the time you got there.

2c - This is precisely why I dislike public servers nowadays.  Private servers FTW! ;-)

• Like 2

Just find some really fucking obscure foreign server that has persistence. Hop a few of those and you will be blown away by what you find.

Thanks guys. I was server hopping because I wanted to be fully decked out once. But nvm

Thanks guys. I was server hopping because I wanted to be fully decked out once. But nvm

Getting fully geared doesn't mean that much, you can still very easily die, even from a bambi with a pickaxe. But you will be much more pissed since you spent more time gearing up than actually enjoying yourself.

Edited by ValentinBk

Honestly it really is not your fault.

If a broken game mechanic like server hopping is in the game then of course people will abuse it.

You can't be blamed its up to the devs to find a creative way to stop this from happening or to outright stop it from happening by taking drastic measures until then you can't be blamed.

You dont have to apologize for playing within the rules of the game in a way that makes you happy.

Just be prepared for the hate other players will send your way if they know you server-hopped though.

any weird unusual loot found anywhere was probably dropped by another player. Just think. if you got there sooner, that taloon backpack would be a hunters backpack.

• Like 3

Don't worry about people ragging on you for hopping. Plenty of private servers for them. I personally don't like hopping myself, which is why I rarely play on public. 

any weird unusual loot found anywhere was probably dropped by another player. Just think. if you got there sooner, that taloon backpack would be a hunters backpack.

Finding a pair of pristine jeans or athletic shoes, or a pristine t-shirt always makes me reach for my gun :P And don't get me started on flashlights!

• Like 1

Finding a pair of pristine jeans or athletic shoes, or a pristine t-shirt always makes me reach for my gun :P And don't get me started on flashlights!

ohh my godd! If I find a flashlight, im pulling out my gun, gonna fire a whole mag in the sky then go kill me some Indians!

wait..

ohh my godd! If I find a flashlight, im pulling out my gun, gonna fire a whole mag in the sky then go kill me some Indians!

wait..

A typical new experimental day:

55515423.jpg

A typical new experimental day:

55515423.jpg

*Goes happily to a barrack in Vybor and find an AK on the ground. Walk outside and find a flashlight and ruined beans.

RagingNash_3985.jpg

Edited by therandomredstone

Wow guys, I really wouldn't have thought that that many ppl aren't disliking / not accepting server hopping. In the end, I died on a high pop lying on sniperhill in elektro within seconds. I guess I won't be hopping server in the future. :D

Edited by NoPaEr10

Wow guys, I really wouldn't have thought that that many ppl aren't disliking / not accepting server hopping. In the end, I died on a high pop lying on sniperhill in elektro within seconds. I guess I won't be hopping server in the future. :D

Meh, it's not the best way to play the game but, honestly, you're making your own experience worse for yourself than for anybody else. I'll admit that, in the distant past, I hopped a bit. I quickly learned that that ballistic helmet might protect me from a single shot to the head, but I'll still be unconscious and all it takes is another shot. It's just not worth all of the work. If you happen to find that stuff, awesome. But it doesn't give you much of an advantage at all.

http://youtu.be/9walGR25zUI?list=PLPkJVd_A4Swmo3SHPvyEyrBctcc6_a_Q_

The first four videos that play will show you that the only benefit to getting military gear over civilian gear (other than the ballistic helmet & guns, though most go for a Mosin and Magnum, Sawnoff or AK74U any way) is inventory space... And even that might not be a good thing. It's much smarter just to get some nice civilian loot (green raincoat, a hat of your choice, black/tan cargo pants, aviators, gloves, bandanna face mask, some wellies and a chest holster is my ultimate outfit).  It protects you as much as military gear, has plenty of room and is easy as dicks to find, meaning that pristine items (which protect you more) are easier to get. I think that's an expression... Right? It's especially nice that you can find pilot helmets or gorka helmets in civilian areas. They're just as effective as the ballistic helmet and, if you want camo, the pilot helmet can now be sprayed green.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

I'm following WOBO pretty much and likely so, I know this video.

But anyways
Thanks mate :)

Edited by NoPaEr10
  • Like 1

Five ugly girls - which you won't even notice because you just happen to avoid the pretty ones.*

You probably found civilian lot because your fellow server hoppers were faster than you.

*The game is much more fun if you do not server hop or loot empty servers.