Sign in to follow this  
cheranuscrusiser

How do you hacksaw the shotgun?

Hello everyone.

May I please ask how do you guys hacksaw the MP 133 shotgun?  I finally found a hacksaw, it's in damaged condition.   But I cannot get the option to saw the shotgun.

I tried numerous ways of which item is in what hand.

Does the shotgun have to be in your backpack or something?  I assumed it can't fit until I saw it of course.

Does the hacksaw only cut the other type of shotgun?  If so, is this intentional or a bug?

You can't use the hacksaw on the MP-133. You can only use it on the IZH-43.

• Like 1

Shit.... I was afraid of that.

Does anyone know why?

Because you'd be cutting half of the shooting mechanism off?

• Like 5

Because you'd be cutting half of the shooting mechanism off?

Id never do it myself lol but its quite possible to saw down a pump action try googling images...

Looking at the Mp133, it looks like the tube mag is the same length as the barrel, so cutting that off would pretty much make it so you would HAVE to chamber a round as the spring would be gone.  It'd be possible to cut it down but it'd require more tools and expertise.  The Pistol grip 133 looks like it could be sawn down as it has a shorter tube mag, but you could still only cut it down to the end of the tube safely.  Having never found one in game I've never had a chance to try sawing it off.

With a break action like the IZH there's no magazine to worry about.

Edited by BigMike

Looking at the Mp133, it looks like the tube mag is the same length as the barrel, so cutting that off would pretty much make it so you would HAVE to chamber a round as the spring would be gone.  It'd be possible to cut it down but it'd require more tools and expertise.  The Pistol grip 133 looks like it could be sawn down as it has a shorter tube mag, but you could still only cut it down to the end of the tube safely.  Having never found one in game I've never had a chance to try sawing it off.

With a break action like the IZH there's no magazine to worry about.

The pistol grip on the MP-133 with pistol grip is pretty much right at the front of the gun so there's nothing to cut away. It's already a very short weapon as it is, in fact when slung over the back it's barely visible from the front.

That said, you still cannot store it in a backpack which is a shame, so it's still sawn-off shotgun FTW in my opinion.

The pistol grip on the MP-133 with pistol grip is pretty much right at the front of the gun so there's nothing to cut away. It's already a very short weapon as it is, in fact when slung over the back it's barely visible from the front.

That said, you still cannot store it in a backpack which is a shame, so it's still sawn-off shotgun FTW in my opinion.

Yeah, sorry about that, went by a couple pictures I saw online of one with a long barrel rather than pics of the DayZ model.