Sign in to follow this  
Heatofbattle

What gun was your first shooting kill with?

In the mod, it was the Makarov pistol, for the Standalone it was the double barrel shotgun.

I still remember that first kill like it was yesterday. It was at most a few weeks into the mod I was in the outskirts of Cherno, late at night in game. I ducked into a wood cabin house to bandage and eat up. It was super-dark and I could barely see a thing. A shadow follows me in, he seems to be looking in the other direction. My heart is thudding through my chest. I try comms. 'Friendly" he reacts by firing wildly in the wrong direction. Despite my sweaty palms and thudding heart I manage to get the iron sights over his head and fire, he drops. I loot his corpse and spend the next 5 minutes trying to figure out how to use this 'blood bag' I found in his pack. Later that night I died just outside of the northern Elektro firehouse.

Edited by jukaga

It was an M4 from back in the days when all you had was an M4 with 500 rounds in a bunch of STANAG mags. 

There will always be KoS if I have to beat you to death with by bare hands!

Not sure about my first kill but the first time I shot a player was with a Mosin
I was still really new to the game so I spent long periods of time scouting each town before I enter. I saw a player, His character had a rifle and he turned to face me, Being a noob I instantly thought that he had seen me so I shot him. He then put his gun away and started screaming "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY FRIENDLY OH MY GOD I'M FRIENDLY", I then came running out of the forest said sorry I wont shoot you again and ran away.

As stupid as it sounds most of my player kills are with melee. I don't mean that I seek out other unarmed players and have a stupid strafe battle, I mean that when people try and rob me I run away 99.99% of the time. Then I normally end up hiding around a corner and melee the bandit to death when they give chase.
My favourite anti bandit tactic is seem to cooperate then when they say "GET ON THE GROUND" I generally say "Ok I will get on the" and run mid sentence, Or ask them a question and run while they are mid sentence

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin

An SKS. Was up at the NWAF and a guy got the jump on a couple of guys I was up there with, but he didn't see me. As he went to loot the bodies I popped out and put a few in him.

SKS...  I stumbled across a guy lying near Riffy with broken legs, and he asked me to kill him, so i shot him in the face at point blank...not sure if this counts tho.

Shot a guy at NWA the same day with the same SKS as he exited the control tower. Took me about 8 bullets to drop him tho. I remember the panic i felt when after 3 hits he was still standing and got out his mosin (which was on his back untill then). LOL.... The moment between spotting him and opening fire only took like 3 or 4 seconds, but it seemed to last like a minute. I was torn between all these choices !!!

Anyway, i decided to go for the shot. It was the first time i ever shot at somebody without having been shot at first. I felt really guilty about it, but i just had to find out how that SKS really shoots, and zombies and deers just dont do !

I got killed 5 minutes later at the tent camp, when some fully decked out guy came running at me from the bushes with an AKM and a drum mag.

Edited by nillie

I think you have a limited understanding of the game being developed here.

If you are starving, freezing, sick, and dehydrated, your chief concern won't be a deathmatch.

You can't kill if you don't have a weapon.

You can't shoot if you don't have a bullet.

If you have 7 bullets and the Zeds you see take 5 and there are 3 other KoS assholes in Berezino, how many apples does Johnny have left?

Answer: You Are Dead.

Persistence won't change this much either as we all that actually search the map really enjoy finding your camps/gear that you thought you hid.

And really it's "ok" because for every 2 COD PvP kids that leave because no more DM, we will get 1 survivalist or zombie hunter in his place.  :)

I've played DayZ since the early months of the mod and we still aren't even near the survival elements that were in that version of DayZ.

I'm not seeing what you were trying to link here, does it say melee is being removed or something?

There's no link.

The word developed underlined and bold to make a point.

Simple version:

Without a clan stash or a tent a fresh spawns' first priority will likely not be to fight with the first person they see.

Loot scarcity and health factors will change the way DayZ is played.

I'm done here, thanks.

It was back in 0.47 I believe. It was also my first life, I survived for over 6 hours not knowing what to specifically expect or look out for.

The beauty of my first life was that I was completely, blissfully unaware of how deadly and manipulative the game and it's inhabitants are, so I approached everything with no fear and enthusiasm.

After finding lots of food and drinking out of a pond ( I figured out the spam-click "method" myself :P ) I found a map in a police station. the "Map of NW chernarus" to which I eagerly opened to hopefully  gain some sense of direction. I immediately noticed  a rather large runway, and I like runways. So away I ran towards said runway, without a compass, for I had no idea they existed.

It took 5 hours of losing my bearings, ending up on the very top left of the map (the edge of the actual map, where everything stops loading) avoiding multiple bandits and their gunfire, looting houses and drinking a lot of Pipsi, but I finally spotted a distant hangar over the treeline.

I darted into the middle of the airfield, without caution or care and eventually found myself in a prison building. The first sight I was forced to bear witness to was a dead body, of which I began looting, as I knew I had to find SOMETHING to defend myself against whatever or whoever did this. Among his tattered, torn gear was a small pistol, I believe it was the makarov or the 1911, I forget which one specifically. I picked it up, this was the first gun I'd ever held. I was constantly in first person as I didn't know third person existed, so my "field of view" was at a disadvantage in comparison to the potential threat.

Not seconds after I picked up the pistol, I heard footsteps outside. I crouched and aimed towards the double doored entrance. The door burst open, and there stood a fully armed player gear consisting of an AKM with drum mag, a blackskull balaclava, a smersh vest with smersh backpack attached, full gorka clothing and a ballistic helm.

Being a new player, I couldn't comprehend or understand the sheer amount of intense danger this person posed, additionally I was starving and had no clothes other than a black hoodie and white hunter pants with my freshspawn shoes. These factors added up in my head all within a moment. Needless to say this caused me to begin firing at him, aiming directly at his head. He died from the second shot, but that didn't stop me from "inserting" the other 6 bullets into his skull. To this day I am unsure if he even knew I was there, since he died so quickly.

I skimmed over his loot, and I noticed that his once amazing looking blackskull bally was now a rusty colour and "ruined". This was the first time I learned about combat ruining items. I took his AKM and rushed outside. There was another dead body directly to my right! This didn't stop me as I continued running past the part of the prison building that represents a small tunnel. INSIDE the "tunnel" was another player, bandaging. I shot him once in the head, and down he fell. I took his pristine hunter backpack and gorka gear along with my first helmet (completely disregarded that it was ruined, I got a helmet m8) I then continued to kill 6 people effortlessly, as I was not at all worried or nervous. My sheer ignorance was calming enough to allow me to aim and fire without any panic or missing. I ended up eating roughly 30 cans of food from these victims. Most of them were running across the runway, out in the open, or camping in the firestation + control tower.

My first death occurred within the same hour of my first kill. I entered one of the "officer barracks" with a few beds and a small wooden table, the exterior looks like a small green hangar. I heard footsteps outside. The door opened, I was eating a delicious pepper, I was shot in the head.

Didn't even care, I had a great time.

I then learned from various tutorials and advice from players the extreme details of DayZ and all of its functions. With this new knowledge and clarity, all I could do was sit at my chair shocked.

I pulled off a seriously rare killing spree, and I had no idea how badass I was doing it. ;)

There's no link.

The word developed underlined and bold to make a point.

Simple version:

Without a clan stash or a tent a fresh spawns' first priority will likely not be to fight with the first person they see.

Loot scarcity and health factors will change the way DayZ is played.

I'm done here, thanks.

Oh okay...Good stuff.

Mod was an AKM in Stary Sobor, I just can't remember what it was in the standalone. Maybe it's not as memorable because when I killed the guy in the mod sidechat was filled with him saying "CYKA CYKA CYKA CYKA CYKA".

Kitted out m4, camping at the NE airfield after server restart.

An M4. I met a guy who somehow supped himself who gave me one at the factory near solichney. I didn't know he dipped himself at the time but in hindsight it's obvious. Anyway, I was in the pub north of there when the door opened. I freaked out and shot, killing the guy. This was only a week into the alpha, so early December 2013 I think?

Fully kitted M4. Wet bandit hunting on the coast.

Followed a fully geared guy from Solichny to Kamyshovo. Watched him kill a bambi and try to kill another one. I sneaked out of the concealment of the woods, put a bead on his chest and let out a burst.

Still haven't found a rush that big in any game ever.

My first kill was in that turavo prison I had a magnum and a mosin and I just shot this guy who tried to kill me w a SKS but missed. I shot all rounds w my magnum and injured him hardly then I get my mosin out and shoot so technicly my first kill was w a mosin.

Got my first kill with a shotty. I had an incredible guilty conscience the while after, feeling really bad to have shot someone that didn't even see me.

I was at Balota with a SKS. It was the second day I started playing. Go into the upstairs of the jail and a dude is in there. I said hi, he said (even though it looked like he only had an axe), "i am gonna fucking kill you if you dont leave", and I just popped him in the head. Didn't even loot him because I was too freaked out and ran off.