Sign in to follow this  
nexventor

Public Service Announcement - Can't get rid of your shaking?

Can't beat the shaking?

Well after one character of mine had been shaking for several weeks I decided it was time to fix it. One fire going, over 45 mins still couldn't get rid of it. 3 fires going 7.5 minutes and I was back to my original glory.

• Like 3

Yup. Need to nestle yourself between 2 to 3 fires to get rid of it. I can confirm this is accurate information.

• Like 1

Lol is this for real?

Not sure if they've fixed phantom breaks, but sometimes your arm's broken too and your body doesn't express this issue.  Applying splint/morphine helps.

My shaking was gone after 15mins crouching at the fire without moving, nothing held and 3 fluro green status.

• Like 1

One fire will be enough but more fires will help immensly.

I was 35 degrees celcius, made a fire. Used my Thermometer and im not lying +.1 degrees per minute. Do the math ;)

morphin -fire -splints -bandage -painkillers -epi stick -nothing help by me .... all good all green - shaking ..............

I had severe shaking many times now due to COLD status.

There are atleast two stages of shaking due to COLD status, low shaking and severe shaking if u dont get warm near fire fast enough after shaking starts.

SOAKED, WET, and DAMP status will quickly lead to COLD status and shaking if you are not moving. (moving, running helps getting warm slowly but not as near as lighting a fire.) 

When you have low shaking, lighting a single fire (3 stacks of firewood) and sitting in front of it 5-20 mins will make shaking stop.

When  you have severe shaking, lighting a single fire (3 stacks of firewood) and sitting in front of it 30+ min (fire will extinguish naturally), will not make shaking stop, and u will have to light another fire to continue warming up, after additional 10min+ warming up on second fire, shaking should stop.

WARMING UP ACCELERATION WHEN USING FIREPLACE KIT:  

1. You can start multiple fires to reduce time needed to sit in front of fire to get warm.

2. You can also wring your clothes if it is soaked or wet.

3.  And finally u can use your cans of food, meat or similar heatable inventory items to heat up in fireplace until they get hot/red, then take them out of fireplace and distribute them back in your inventory: pants, vest, jacket, etc..(repeat this method when hot/red items get cold).. This will reduce warming up time while sitting near fire.

I have managed to cure severe shaking by just one single fire (3 stacks of firewood) less than 30mins via this method..

I did not notice if HYDRATED, ENERGIZED status have some effect on this issue..

This is my 2-3 cents, and should be confirmed by more players, but this is how it seems from my point of view..

Cheers, and avoid getting wet....

Edited by grzica

Mhmmm

About 30 fires should do it guys.

8539498_f520.jpg

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this started in .52. My theory is your avatar is slightly above cold status temp, so it can happen without seeing cold bar. I fire will get rid of it, but takes a few minutes. That's what got rid of mine.