Sign in to follow this  
AHappyCamper (DayZ)

Your Character was unable to load and has been reset...

So i was playing and jumped off the server i was on and when i went to join my friend about an hour later it gave me the error message on the please wait screen:

Your character was unable to load and has been reset. A system administrator has been notified. Please reconnect to continue.

so i reconnected and got the same message. I tried again, and again. i have tried a total of probably 20-30 times. I can join Hardcore and Hardcore private's but i cant join 3rd person. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas i can try on this. The Dayz Feedback is broken for me (ain't that a surprise dayz ;).) and wont let me login or signup to post a issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i do understand that my character has been wiped, i just don't understand why i can't rejoin a server after the character has been reset.

Thanks.

Hey and welcome to the forums, sorry for the trouble.

Be forewarned, I'm not the most reliable on this sort of stuff, but my best guess is your character profile might be corrupt.

Go to your documents folder, find "DayZ Other Profiles" and if your name has a bunch of random letters, #s, or symbols it's most likely corrupted. Try deleting it (Make sure to have a backup one just incase Im waaay off here) and then getting on DayZ and joining a game.

Keep in mind this is just a guess, and shouldn't be taken as a solid answer. I could be completely 100% off.

Thanks for the help man! 

But unfortunately it didnt fix my problem. I am thinking from what i have read that it is Hive side not my side. But because the Feedback report thing is broken AF for me i cant report the problem. 

Hopefully an Mod or Admin see this thread and can delete my corrupt profile from the Hive. 

Until then i can only look at the start screen snapshot of Chernarus.

Thanks again for the help :)

Sorry about your luck, have you tried sending in a ticket for this or whatever it's called? They have a help page for this kinda stuff somewhere around here xD

Meh- 

Lose a character... start again. Alpha- right? 

Seriously? Nothing you can do. Start again and keep going like the rest of us. 

ENO I explained that i have no problem starting over except im stuck in a loop that no matter what server i join i get the same message of unable to load character and has been reset. and it tells me to reconnect. when i reconnect it says it again. and again and again and again. and the ticket submission is broken for me atm. i have honestly tried to join numerous different servers over 50 times trying to get it to load a freshy character but it just keeps giving me the stupid fkn error. i have even unistalled and played on a different computer. All i need is a dev or admin to delete my corrupt character file off of the hive and then it will be all good hopefully. but as mentioned before the ticket submission is broken for me rn. so im hoping a dev may see this thread and help. but the chances of that are very slim. Thanks again for the help stryker and u should have read the original post more closely ENO. 

Thanks

Meh- 

Lose a character... start again. Alpha- right? 

Seriously? Nothing you can do. Start again and keep going like the rest of us. 

Those reading skills though mate......well done.

OT: try the feedback signup on a different Browser/PC/IC?

thanks everyone for helping me and i made a ticket and hopefully the admin the ticket was assigned to fixes the probelm :)

Love dayz too much to just stop playing

thanks

• Like 1

Hmm yes. Looks like I did skim that one too quickly. My bad.