Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

Does anyone know of a truly stealth player on YT or Twitch?

Basically the title says it all. I am looking for a truly stealthy player (slow and boring to most). It would probably be boring to most viewers. Some obscure YTer or streamer you came across maybe. Not a lot of followers or viewers. Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dayz+stealth&page=&utm_source=opensearch

:ph34r:

In all seriousness, however:

I don't think it'll be easy to find, if at all. As when being a YouTuber you're trying to draw in a crowd and that's almost impossible if you're doing something relatively boring - or boring in the eyes of your crowd anyway.

Edited by kichilron

Thanks Kichilron, I figured as much. I just get tired of the same old same old. Spawn in, run around, get kitted, go kill. Suicide if not in an ideal loot location. For once I would like to watch a player who immerses him/herself in the role of a person who thinks he has only the one life and will act accordingly. Oh well. Worth a shot.

Edit: I don't find this sought of play boring. I find the same old boring. If you've seen one you've seen them all it seems.

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 4

The thing about that is:

the average YouTube-watcher won't watch a video if it's any longer than 2-3 minutes. That's the same reason you won't find any big YouTuber out there that will do stealth. Noone would watch it and he wouldn't make money.

Back during the mod days I watched a gentleman for hours playing stealthily, like his life depended on surviving. He did like a 100 videos. I watched for hours. Found it exciting and immersive. He wasnt even a real good player. There are a few people out there who feels this way I'm sure. Havn't yet found a similar youtuber for SA unfortunately. Maybe one day.

• Like 1

hopefully once the zed AI gets tweaked some more we can all get our big boss on. i personally loved the stealth aspect the mod had. i used to love sneaking into towns making it past all the zeds getting what i needed and getting out with out drawing aggro or firing a shot, it was quite a rush

• Like 1

The thing about that is:

the average YouTube-watcher won't watch a video if it's any longer than 2-3 minutes. That's the same reason you won't find any big YouTuber out there that will do stealth. Noone would watch it and he wouldn't make money.

Oddly enough, I don't like watching a youtube video on dayz that is less than 10 minutes.

• Like 5

Hack my computer and watch me play bro. I'm as stealthy as they come. Crawling from town to town. Rolling across streets. I've been known to lay in the grass near helicopter crashes for hours, slicing the throats of would-be looters with my trusty can opener. I once followed a new spawn for 45 minutes making zombie noises into the mic from just out of sight.

He is the most stealthiest man in the world.

"I don't always play like a ninja. But when I do, it's 1pp only."

• Like 2

Hack my computer and watch me play bro. I'm as stealthy as they come. Crawling from town to town. Rolling across streets. I've been known to lay in the grass near helicopter crashes for hours, slicing the throats of would-be looters with my trusty can opener. I once followed a new spawn for 45 minutes making zombie noises into the mic from just out of sight.

He is the most stealthiest man in the world.

"I don't always play like a ninja. But when I do, it's 1pp only."

Hmmm, I must have made quite the accomplishment then, as I still distinctly remember meeting you out of random on a public server in the mod days and stealing a couple of MRE's out of your pack before we ran into a firefight.

• Like 1

If we know about him, then he isn't truly a stealth player. 

• Like 3

Hmmm, I must have made quite the accomplishment then, as I still distinctly remember meeting you out of random on a public server in the mod days and stealing a couple of MRE's out of your pack before we ran into a firefight.

....I do not recall

....I do not recall

I distinctly remember this, and I also remember you calling me out for it on a totally unrelated thread almost a year ago.

We met near Elektro on sniper hill. You gave me a mag for my M16A2 and we decided to go down into Elektro as you had heard shooting. I was low on blood, and you bent down to survey the town and I looted your bag for MRE's. There was some shooting and I ran away into the woods. That's all I recall.

And I do remember that the man I met was named Dagwood, so I just assume it's you.

I can vouch that you're unlikely to find anybody doing that.

I've had a few different channels in the past, none of them particularly large (four or five around 1k subs). On the last two channels I've had, I recorded DayZ a reasonable amount. I originally wanted to just play how I normally do (which is lone wolf, stealthy, live off the land then occasionally go and kill some bandits). That didn't get any interest, while even my vanilla Minecraft Let's Plays would draw in a reasonable crowd (considering channel size). I did some heavily edited PVP crazy stuff and those videos were some of the most viewed on my channel. I know a few people who do YouTube (irl and online) who play DayZ and none of them would join me in playing the game how I wanted. It was just a PvP thing to them because they wanted to get views, which is fair enough.

The second one, I decided 'fuck it, I'm playing how I want'. That's my 'current' channel that I have just given up on as it had almost no growth after living for 6 months (29 sub record, whereas previous channels that lasted that long always had at the very least 800+). It just kind of sucks for people who DO want to watch that kind of thing. There's quite a large number, I believe, but because the YouTube community is so over saturated they settle for easy-to-find YouTubers who are close enough to what they want and those who are perfect for them go unnoticed.

Just my two cents after three (might be more) years of YouTube experience.

Edited by Beizs

I distinctly remember this, and I also remember you calling me out for it on a totally unrelated thread almost a year ago.

We met near Elektro on sniper hill. You gave me a mag for my M16A2 and we decided to go down into Elektro as you had heard shooting. I was low on blood, and you bent down to survey the town and I looted your bag for MRE's. There was some shooting and I ran away into the woods. That's all I recall.

And I do remember that the man I met was named Dagwood, so I just assume it's you.

Slanderous accusations! Even the notion of me being out ninja'd by another man is preposterous. You have no power here, old man.

You can't be a stealthy player if you stream, you just get consistently stream sniped. I had a couple of stream stalkers actually. Got annoying so I eventually stopped streaming my DayZ journeys and what do ya know, my average life span skyrocketed again. Making vids for YouTube though, I guess that's still an option.

I do not like DayZ videos that are less than 15-ish mins. Also, I don't think they are DayZ Standalone YT players that go all stealthy..:(

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I can vouch that you're unlikely to find anybody doing that.

I've had a few different channels in the past, none of them particularly large (four or five around 1k subs). On the last two channels I've had, I recorded DayZ a reasonable amount. I originally wanted to just play how I normally do (which is lone wolf, stealthy, live off the land then occasionally go and kill some bandits). That didn't get any interest, while even my vanilla Minecraft Let's Plays would draw in a reasonable crowd (considering channel size). I did some heavily edited PVP crazy stuff and those videos were some of the most viewed on my channel. I know a few people who do YouTube (irl and online) who play DayZ and none of them would join me in playing the game how I wanted. It was just a PvP thing to them because they wanted to get views, which is fair enough.

The second one, I decided 'fuck it, I'm playing how I want'. That's my 'current' channel that I have just given up on as it had almost no growth after living for 6 months (29 sub record, whereas previous channels that lasted that long always had at the very least 800+). It just kind of sucks for people who DO want to watch that kind of thing. There's quite a large number, I believe, but because the YouTube community is so over saturated they settle for easy-to-find YouTubers who are close enough to what they want and those who are perfect for them go unnoticed.

Just my two cents after three (might be more) years of YouTube experience.

Wow i wish I had known about your channel, I definitely would have been there.

You can't be a stealthy player if you stream, you just get consistently stream sniped. I had a couple of stream stalkers actually. Got annoying so I eventually stopped streaming my DayZ journeys and what do ya know, my average life span skyrocketed again. Making vids for YouTube though, I guess that's still an option.

Yeah Jubie, I used to watch your stream a lot. People can be such pricks. Can't have fun you know. Leave you happy and having fun? Can't have none of that.

Jubie, let me know if you put up any vids on youtube. I promise I'll watch them.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Closest I have come to seeing a little bit of what I want was a female streamer from Serbia(?) named VanillaGremlin. She was playing lone wolf, not exactly stealthy, but it was fun watching it anyway. At least it wasn't all about hanging around the church in Elecktro BSing or having a fashion show. I don't understand why people want to watch the same thing over and over. It bores me. I want to see someone play the game like their life depended on it. I'm in the minority. So be it. Guess I just have to go play the game. Seriously, sometimes I just like to watch.

Closest I have come to seeing a little bit of what I want was a female streamer from Serbia(?) named VanillaGremlin. She was playing lone wolf, not exactly stealthy, but it was fun watching it anyway. At least it wasn't all about hanging around the church in Elecktro BSing or having a fashion show. I don't understand why people want to watch the same thing over and over. It bores me. I want to see someone play the game like their life depended on it. I'm in the minority. So be it. Guess I just have to go play the game. Seriously, sometimes I just like to watch.

I'm not sure if my channel is what you like but check it out anyway. I pretty much just make vids that I like to watch. I used to have pretty shitty upload speeds so would reduce vids to 10-15 mins long and  had to cut most of the stealthy parts out but I can make longer ones now.

Edited by NexVentor

The comments in this thread about people not making videos/streaming because it wouldn't get interest makes me sad.  Why does it have to be about views?

I upload a lot of DayZ videos, I don't play stealthy so they're not gonna interest the OP, but I just upload them primarily for myself for the future, so I can look back at good times and along the same lines for my group.  Also, to learn from my encounters.  I only get about 15 views a video (primarily my group) and only have about 40 subscribers, but it doesn't bother me at all.  I don't tag them, I don't care.  I've uploaded a couple that got 10,000 views, and while the novelty of that is nice it really doesn't matter to me.

Maybe there's some one out there doing the same OP, I unfortunately don't know of any stealthy ones.  MrBlackOut's hardcore series of videos almost falls in line with what you want, he at least tries to stay alive and plays rather cautiously but he does engage most of the people he sees that don't appear friendly (he makes friends with a lot of people too).  He definitely isn't pure stealth though.

Slanderous accusations! Even the notion of me being out ninja'd by another man is preposterous. You have no power here, old man.

You placed too much trust in me and it cost you four MRE's.

They tasted delicious.

I'm not sure if my channel is what you like but check it out anyway. I pretty much just make vids that I like to watch. I used to have pretty shitty upload speeds so would reduce vids to 10-15 mins long and  had to cut most of the stealthy parts out but I can make longer ones now.

Thanks Nexventor, I will check it out

• Like 1

The comments in this thread about people not making videos/streaming because it wouldn't get interest makes me sad.  Why does it have to be about views?

I upload a lot of DayZ videos, I don't play stealthy so they're not gonna interest the OP, but I just upload them primarily for myself for the future, so I can look back at good times and along the same lines for my group.  Also, to learn from my encounters.  I only get about 15 views a video (primarily my group) and only have about 40 subscribers, but it doesn't bother me at all.  I don't tag them, I don't care.  I've uploaded a couple that got 10,000 views, and while the novelty of that is nice it really doesn't matter to me.

Maybe there's some one out there doing the same OP, I unfortunately don't know of any stealthy ones.  MrBlackOut's hardcore series of videos almost falls in line with what you want, he at least tries to stay alive and plays rather cautiously but he does engage most of the people he sees that don't appear friendly (he makes friends with a lot of people too).  He definitely isn't pure stealth though.

Ill checkout MrBlackOut. I hope somebody feels the way I do and will be encouraged to put up some videos.

Oddly enough, I don't like watching a youtube video on dayz that is less than 10 minutes.

You're not the average YouTube-Use then.

I don't like watching short videos either. But that's not the general demographic.

• Like 1