Sign in to follow this  
The Janitor

Some annoyances I hope get fixed

Maybe some of these are already planned to be fixed, but here's some suggestions:

-The .357 has two completely different shoot sounds, one good and one bad. Remove the bad one. (same goes for the Winchester)

-Why is a gas can needed to fuel up a vehicle? Why can't you just do it directly from the pump? At the very least you should be able to put the can in your truck because you can't take it with you.

-The degradation system is exaggerated, one bullet to the leg shouldn't ruin everything in the pants. If you get shot once it should only ruin a few items where the bullet hit.

(I might be wrong on this one but that's how it works right now I think?)

-The gun sway after running is exaggerated, it goes all over the screen. The sway isn't that aggressive in real life, even after running. Unless you have some illness or something :P

-If you keep ammo in your pockets, you should be able to reload with the R key instead of having to go in to your inventory. Just make the reloading process a lot slower compared to if you had a clip/magazine. Kind of how like "eat all" takes longer than just "eat"

Edited by The Janitor
  • Like 1

-Why is a gas can needed to fuel up a vehicle? Why can't you just do it directly from the pump? At the very least you should be able to put the can in your truck because you can't take it with you.

Should be the case with jerry cans as well, but with no electricity you shouldn't be able to get gas directly from the pump. To be realistic, I guess you would need a hose, and some kind of hand or battery powered pump and get it from the tank in the ground and not the actual pump interface.

If they ever add gasoline into unusable vehicles alongside the road or whatever, you could get gas from them with just a hose, but you would have to put it into a jerry can and not the actual vehicle you want to drive because of the height difference. Though I suppose you could siphon gas out of a large truck and into a small car or something with no problem, assuming they don't add diesel, JP9 and other fuel types to the game...

Inspect:

Your character says "This vehicle has very little gas in it, it has a reddish tint and smells bad." for diesel or something like that.

Bonus points if siphoning gas has a chance to make your character sick or give a painkiller effect.

Edited by Chzy
  • Like 1

Should be the case with jerry cans as well, but with no electricity you shouldn't be able to get gas directly from the pump. To be realistic, I guess you would need a hose, and some kind of hand or battery powered pump and get it from the tank in the ground and not the actual pump interface.

Good point. Still a bit annoyong how you can get gas from the pumps to the can, but not directly from the pump to the truck.

Hopefully they come up with a more realistic system like you said.

Maybe some of these are already planned to be fixed, but here's some suggestions:

-The .357 has two completely different shoot sounds, one good and one bad. Remove the bad one. (same goes for the Winchester)

-The degradation system is exaggerated, one bullet to the leg shouldn't ruin everything in the pants. If you get shot once it should only ruin a few items where the bullet hit.

-The gun sway after running is exaggerated, it goes all over the screen. The sway isn't that aggressive in real life, even after running. Unless you have some illness or something :P

-If you keep ammo in your pockets, you should be able to reload with the R key instead of having to go in to your inventory. Just make the reloading process a lot slower compared to if you had a clip/magazine. Kind of how like "eat all" takes longer than just "eat"

First good list of suggestions I've seen in awhile. I hope the development team considers everything you just stated.  +1 from me.

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

1. Why is a gas can needed to fuel up a vehicle? Why can't you just do it directly from the pump? At the very least you should be able to put the can in your truck because you can't take it with you.

2. The degradation system is exaggerated, one bullet to the leg shouldn't ruin everything in the pants. If you get shot once it should only ruin a few items where the bullet hit.

3. If you keep ammo in your pockets, you should be able to reload with the R key instead of having to go in to your inventory. Just make the reloading process a lot slower compared to if you had a clip/magazine. Kind of how like "eat all" takes longer than just "eat"

1. I agree with this, you should be able to fill up vehicles via a pump even without a Jerry Can. There are ways, one of which I'll explain below in relation to another question.

2. Also agree, one bullet should not ruin everything or even the pants themselves. Personally when you get shot, clothing should take their respective damage, ending up into damaged or badly damaged before finally becoming ruined. A single round isn't going to ruin some jeans, it will damage it but it won't make 'em ruined. If anything melee attacks and zombie/animal attacks are more likely to get clothing ruined than being shot at.

3. This should only be applicable with weapons without a magazine. The .357 Revolver, Repeater, SKS and Shotguns should all be able to reload like this at a slow rate (the SKS being the slowest to reload), by simply having the individual bullets/shells in a reachable area (such as a shirt or jean pocket BUT it will not reload if they are in the Backpack or similar container). Weapons that require a magazine will only be able to chamber a round unless a magazine IS present on the person. This method could also open an idea for the future in terms of Ammunition Bandoliers and Ammo Carriers that can be worn like clothing. The Bow and Crossbow are a unique in this regard as you can still reload them BUT a having a quiver is more preferable.

If they ever add gasoline into unusable vehicles alongside the road or whatever, you could get gas from them with just a hose, but you would have to put it into a jerry can and not the actual vehicle you want to drive because of the height difference. Though I suppose you could siphon gas out of a large truck and into a small car or something with no problem, assuming they don't add diesel, JP9 and other fuel types to the game...

Inspect:

Your character says "This vehicle has very little gas in it, it has a reddish tint and smells bad." for diesel or something like that.

Bonus points if siphoning gas has a chance to make your character sick or give a painkiller effect.

Some third world countries and even eastern European countries have Manual fuel pumps which work much like a Water Pump, you have to manually pump the gas into a vehicle. Could be used in the event of some of the farm fuel tanks for example or even a backwater fuel station. I do like your hose idea and siphoning fuel from wrecked cars perhaps even fuel drums that could be found at random in industrial zones.

Edited by Draco122

Some third world countries and even eastern European countries have Manual fuel pumps which work much like a Water Pump, you have to manually pump the gas into a vehicle. Could be used in the event of some of the farm fuel tanks for example or even a backwater fuel station. I do like your hose idea and siphoning fuel from wrecked cars perhaps even fuel drums that could be found at random in industrial zones.

If they are gravity fed like most farm tanks then yea it wouldn't require anything, not even a hand pump. I could see it requiring a lockpick though.

I've never heard of anyone who prefers manually pumping fuel over having a gravity fed tank, but I've never been to a third world country. Though this technology has been around since the roman empire (for water obviously, the use of oil did exist then however) so even third world countries have it.

Edited by Chzy

I really like the idea with the reloading thingy. It could take longer if you reload by pressing R then just accessing the inventory and doing it manually. 

The military tent and backpacks and gillie suits.

When you find a miltarty tent. You fill like you just found a million $$$ :)

But then your like I got to drop my bag. You should be able to grab In hands. But make it better to were you have to drop it like your carrying to guns.

The gillie suit is a pretty bad ass addition to the game. I will go on missions just for burlup sacks and nets. But it sucks when you can't have a backpack. The improvised backpack would be cool for a backpack that you can have :)

use the bugtracker then! i agree with all your points, but please for the love of god, guys, use the bugtracker.