Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

Plane Crashes?

Just something I wondered about, there's already a plane crash in game, near the centre of Chernogorsk at the moment but I was wondering what about finding other potential plane crashes in the DayZ Standalone?

They would function as something similar to the Helicopter Crash Sites, being randomly generated in the game world but they'd be slightly more common barring an exception to military planes.

Some examples:

• Light Aircraft - These Crash Sites would be fairly common, spawning in various locations throughout Chernarus. They'd primarily spawn an array of residental loot as well as a small chance to spawn weapons as well.
  • Commercial Airliner Planes - These would be limited to around 2-3 per server, they would be the largest potential random crash site, fairly easy to spot and spawns mostly resident loot with perhaps some rare civilian loot thrown in. Depending on the type of Commercial aircraft used, players could actually explore inside of the crash plane.
  • Military Cargo Planes - Military Cargo Planes would be limited to 1 per server and their chance for spawning is rare. They'd feature the highest chance to spawn multiple military loot, including weapons and ammunition of a medium or high tier grade. Due to their size, the area of destruction would be fairly large and covered in supply crates (these would be where the loot spawns). In addition, like the Commerical Airliner, Military Cargo planes can also be explored internally.
Edited by Draco122
  • Like 3

Would be cool if you could actually see the plane crash as well as the helicopter crash in the future, and that this would happen randomly depending on the rarity. So that players can look to the sky and kind of pin-point hte location of where they crash.

Also, I know you didn't write that the Commercial Airliners would have firearms or weapons, but I just want to make it clear that there should be -NO FORM- of weapons/tools or any of that kind considering today's airport security.

• Like 1

Personally, I think it should be a little bit less. Even though Chernarus is fairly large, geographically it's small compared to the rest of the world. I imagine that the amount of plane crashes sounds fine, but I think it should only be 1 commercial airliner per server, but it's guaranteed compared to Cargo Planes, which would be rare.

• Like 2

Would be cool if you could actually see the plane crash as well as the helicopter crash in the future, and that this would happen randomly depending on the rarity. So that players can look to the sky and kind of pin-point hte location of where they crash.

Also, I know you didn't write that the Commercial Airliners would have firearms or weapons, but I just want to make it clear that there should be -NO FORM- of weapons/tools or any of that kind considering today's airport security.

This would be true, Commercial airliners wouldn't spawn any weapons at all, some tools (which can be improvised as weapons MAY Spawn such as Fire Extinguishers for example). It would mostly spawn alot of food, Drink, civilian clothing, backpacks and such. Maybe even some specific loot, such as Suitcases, a Pilots Uniform, an Airliner "Survival Kit".

Overall the more common "light aircraft" which could be a Cessna or an Antonov plane could spawn residential weapons and at a rare chance some low tier military loot and weapons. The idea being that these were used by Survivors during the first stages of the Outbreak in an attempt to escape but were shot down.

In addition I would like to see two states in-game, the one where you suggest to see one coming in for an emergency crash landing and another which likely crashed during the outbreak and is showing signs of age.

EDIT:

Personally, I think it should be a little bit less. Even though Chernarus is fairly large, geographically it's small compared to the rest of the world. I imagine that the amount of plane crashes sounds fine, but I think it should only be 1 commercial airliner per server, but it's guaranteed compared to Cargo Planes, which would be rare.

I actually think so too but I would say it would also depend on the size of the Airliner in question, I could see 2 if they were a smaller plane. 1 if it was a larger passenger plane.

Edited by Draco122
  • Like 1

Some great idea's I'm sure we have all thought of at some point.. I think a really rare commercial airliner crash site would be the tits to find let alone a military cargo plane which should spawn say once every 400 hrs considering its potential of loot

Some great idea's I'm sure we have all thought of at some point.. I think a really rare commercial airliner crash site would be the tits to find let alone a military cargo plane which should spawn say once every 400 hrs considering its potential of loot

Agreed, it's things like this that give a "wow" factor for new players and even veterans alike. Take the beached cargo ship on Rify for example.

I also thought about what would be the case if a light aircraft crashed into a town. Perhaps a separate building model could be made where it shows a plane crashed into the roof of a supermarket. The same applies for ground vehicles, like finding a bus that had lost control and crashed into a building.

Agreed, it's things like this that give a "wow" factor for new players and even veterans alike. Take the beached cargo ship on Rify for example.

I also thought about what would be the case if a light aircraft crashed into a town. Perhaps a separate building model could be made where it shows a plane crashed into the roof of a supermarket. The same applies for ground vehicles, like finding a bus that had lost control and crashed into a building.

Yes totally, This will probably be touched upon around the time they put alot more detail and destruction debri among the squeaky clean streets. Sometimes I wish i could fast forward to 2-3 years in the future and see these things in the game. Such a wait indeed ! 

I guess the new renderer will have to be introduced before they would do any of this maybe ? I think the renderer was estimated for 1st Q2015 but hell I will have to see it to believe it ! 

Edited by liquidcactus

I like this idea but we can't have to many planes around the map. Maybe we can have an abandened passenger plane in krasnostav airfield. If this were to be a dynamic event maybe one per server but all will smoke in the air.BTW i have an idea what if there was a crashed ww2 plane in the middle of the woods north of cherneas. it was undiscovered and is very very rusty old ect. If there was a ww2 gun like ppssh 41 m1 garand c96 this will be a good place to find it(this is static not dynamic kind of like rify).