Sign in to follow this  
venkman302

Where can I find a chainsaw? Looked for HOURS. How to fuel it?

Title says it all.  Anyone have any advice for me on how to find one?  I've been alive for hours and can't find one.

Where are they?  They are still in right?  

Do you have to carry gas can around also?

I saw this thread about it a few days ago:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218287-chainsaw-and-other-52-items-they-are-not-here/?hl=chainsaw

I've only seen 1-2 people *claim* to have found any on stable. They're either super rare or not there. I don't know if they're like trucks where there's only 3 per server or what... but, if you do find one let everyone know. I'm still on a quest to find a sword...

Haven't seen anyone with a chainsaw. Or a sword.

• Like 1

Haven't seen anyone with a chainsaw. Or a sword.

Have seen a sword, and have also watched someone try to find one for a few hours.  They're in the game, they're also rare as hell.  I would imagine it's the same for chainsaws.  They probably have a chance to spawn in every single garage/shed that spawns the melee weapons/lime/glowsticks etc, but probably the same as swords (at least as rumored) - 1 per server per restart, if they even spawn on that restart.  I don't think there's a guaranteed sword spawn every restart, but never more than one per.

hell i can barely find a hacksaw let alone a chainsaw.

Small sheds (the one with a small rooflike extension) seem to spawn these the most..

hell i can barely find a hacksaw let alone a chainsaw.

Hacksaws spawn consistently in the tiny grey tin sheds which have a little roofed area on the left of it which doesnt have walls.  They spawn in the side part along with splitting axes.

EDIT: I see someone else has already posted where they are.

Edited by Beav