Sign in to follow this  
UltimateGentleman

Toss/throw away people's stuff.

It would be cool if you could knock someone out and throw their stuff away, to the side or something.

Like maybe you're a relatively fresh spawn and managed to knock a geared guy out, you barely have enough time to take his gun off him and check the rest of his stuff before the dude gets up.

And then he pulls out a pistol and maims you unexpectedly, because you didn't have the time to throw it away.

So basically what I mean is you can pull backpacks or whatever off an unconscious or incapacitated person and then throw them to the side, so whatever was in it isn't part of the persons inventory for them to quickly whip out and kill you with.

Because it is a game not real life if they feel like you'll kill them they'll just think fuck it and try kill you, even if your aim is semi-non violent.

For this purpose only so people can't wear backpacks and carry a spare in their hands, maybe they're too heavy and need tossed or something.

Including guns tossing them to the side would be great unless you have an LMG or something picking up another gun for a few seconds isn't unfeasible.

This feature shouldn't work on things in trouser pockets or combat knives in boots etc, that should require proper searching.

Basically the first thing you want to do is disarm someone but they're not often unconscious for long.

Can you not already take people's stuff in your hand and then throw it?

• Like 1

You can throw items away already.
You can also just drag whatever is on that person next to him, so he doesn't have it on him anymore.

It gives you plenty of time to shoot him down if he wouldn't listen.
And if you really want to avoid this situation, go around with handcuffs, you see someone hostile?
Shoot him down, cuff him when he's unconscious, bandage him, take what you want, decide his fate.

Can you not already take people's stuff in your hand and then throw it?

Kind of inefficent though isn't it? What if they have like 4 guns and you already have one in your hand?

You have to put your gun away, pick one of theirs up, drop it and repeat until they have nothing to fight you with.

You can wake up from being unconscious in 30 seconds so if someone has like 4 protector cases full of weapons plus ones on their back you'll be out of time.

You can throw items away already.

You can also just drag whatever is on that person next to him, so he doesn't have it on him anymore.

It gives you plenty of time to shoot him down if he wouldn't listen.

And if you really want to avoid this situation, go around with handcuffs, you see someone hostile?

Shoot him down, cuff him when he's unconscious, bandage him, take what you want, decide his fate.

As I said above it's a slow process, compared to just taking the backpack off and chucking it while utilizing the weapon they had on their back.

There's no guarantee you'll find handcuffs though, especially not as a fresh spawn.

Maybe someone's hunting you and you get the drop on them with a lead pipe and don't want to kill them just take some of their stuff, not necessarily all.

It'd give people with nothing an efficient way to disarm an unsuspecting foe and a way to do it without unnecessary bloodshed.

Perhaps you could find cuffs on them in a case, cuff them and become bro's even instead of just "Fuck it I might manage to kill them, I'll respawn in 30 seconds anyway"

What if they have like 4 guns and you already have one in your hand?

Double tap.

It's the only other way to be sure.

There's no guarantee you'll find handcuffs though, especially not as a fresh spawn.

Maybe someone's hunting you and you get the drop on them with a lead pipe and don't want to kill them just take some of their stuff, not necessarily all.

It'd give people with nothing an efficient way to disarm an unsuspecting foe and a way to do it without unnecessary bloodshed.

Perhaps you could find cuffs on them in a case, cuff them and become bro's even instead of just "Fuck it I might manage to kill them, I'll respawn in 30 seconds anyway"

Sounds like your main way of getting geared is to hunt for a geared player as a freshspawn.

If you're a frehspawn you shouldn't even be thinking about taking down a geared player. Most freshspawns have this mentality, but running with a baseball bat towards a player, holding a rifle, and knocking him unconscious  by dodging all bullets he shoots - because players have an unlimited turn speed - isn't realistic at all, and should actually fail 100% of the time.

I mean, you would give people with nothing a way to disarm an unexpecting foe.... Seriously, your point of view is wrong, Dayz ain't an actionfilm. And don't make it one either.

Kind of inefficent though isn't it?

I'm sorry but what you're asking here is inefficient. If you knock someone out you can just check his gear, drag all of his stuff out into the vicinity box, which literally takes less than five seconds to strip him completely.

Double tap.

It's the only other way to be sure.

But as the game changes it might not take like 10 seconds for you to pull a gun out, entirely possible that a skilled player could kill you just because they can access what's in the vicinity unless handcuffed.

Sounds like your main way of getting geared is to hunt for a geared player as a freshspawn.

If you're a frehspawn you shouldn't even be thinking about taking down a geared player. Most freshspawns have this mentality, but running with a baseball bat towards a player, holding a rifle, and knocking him unconscious  by dodging all bullets he shoots - because players have an unlimited turn speed - isn't realistic at all, and should actually fail 100% of the time.

I mean, you would give people with nothing a way to disarm an unexpecting foe.... Seriously, your point of view is wrong, Dayz ain't an actionfilm. And don't make it one either.

Literally never done that only killed people while geared or relatively fresh spawns as a fresh spawn.

The most I've geared myself up with by killing another player is getting a medium sized backpack.

Why not? If they're chasing you around and you obviously won't get away without bitching out(combat logging) and you find a lead pipe or something, why should you not defend yourself?

In a game that aims to be as real life-like as possible knocking someone out with a blunt object shouldn't be all that hard, the hard part would be catching them by surprise.

Not once did I suggest that's how a person should go about this, that's obviously stupid and will obviously be different later on...hopefully anyway.

How is it wrong? I know it's harder to knock people out than movies and TV shows but a heavy pipe + not being a child + the adrenaline of someone chasing you around is going to be plenty to knock them out.

I'm sorry but what you're asking here is inefficient. If you knock someone out you can just check his gear, drag all of his stuff out into the vicinity box, which literally takes less than five seconds to strip him completely.

Vicinity, which they can still access.

You can't move their items far away from them unless you do it bit by bit, shovel their stuff to your bag or invoke backpackception.

If you knocked someone out and had to take their gear away for your own safety, would you leave it right next to them? No, you wouldn't.

Also this should have an animation not a drag and drop kind of thing, with backpacks taking it off as you do a backpack then throwing it not having it teleport to another location.

Fresh spawns aren't always going to be the fist throwing nigh immortal God's they are now, there needs to be some way to win over a geared player or else it's just stupid there should be some way to win. Obviously the current way is not the ideal way.

Fresh spawns aren't always going to be the fist throwing nigh immortal God's they are now, there needs to be some way to win over a geared player or else it's just stupid there should be some way to win. Obviously the current way is not the ideal way.

I don't really agree with that, I agree with what Warhoax implies and it's not 'stupid' if a player with jeans and shirt can't win over a player who's spent weeks gathering supplies.

Have you played the mod? People fresh from the beach had absolutely no way of defending themselves.

I can kind of see your point, but I think it's just going to be too much work for too little gain to implement what you wish, mind you that not all players have Terminator skills, if you knock them out and scramble their stuff on the ground it's going to be really confusing for the player who's knocked out, and by this time I assume that you've got his gun in your hand, and it's taken 30 seconds for the player to wake up again. If he does anything stupid, then you're in control to take his life.

Ya I must say it's easy enough to strip people of guns, even with four, you take his weapon he has on his back onto your back and the one he had In his hands in yours ... take a few steps away from his unconcious body real quick and drop one (I usually drop the one on my back so you don't have to change weapons at that time , next time you change the item In your hand the gun you had in your hands will auto stick to your back as long as you have no gun on your back) .. Go forward to his body again , knockout again if you see his body twitching.

After that process which seems longer through text than it actually takes in game, drop his backpack on the floor (if You can confirm he is still unconcious) try and drag it away by : moving as far away from the object you want to drag, in the direction of your choice , then opening your inventory and literally drag the bag downwards in the vicinity window and it will "drag" closer to your character outside of the inventory menu (which should be moving away from the unconcious assailant at least giving some space between him and his two weapons in his backpack) ... It only takes about 4 seconds to pull the bag away from him without having to switch it with yours (which is another option ; just switch your backpack with no guns for his with guns, if you don't want to use the dragging backpack thing ) if you get used to opening your inventory and moving quickly and in the case of a survivor having 4 weapons , im guessing two of them are in the bag , and to initially strip him of his first 2 weapons it takes about 8 seconds with no lag so altogether less than fifteen .

So as long as you knock him out with say a sledgehammer or close equivalent you should have plenty of "unconcious time" to strip him efficiently (although it's very nerve racking, especially if you have to knock him out halfway through like described above) but it can definitely be done and the throwing physics are getting better all the time so hopefully soon we can throw backpacks in general and guns more smoothly helping this cause further !

This is also another reason why we need more "less than lethal" weapons . Beanbag guns or tranquilizer darts , maybe more variants of tazers and hopefully eventually some chlorophorm or something crazy like that to spice it up and make getting kidnapped all the more real. :)

Ya I must say it's easy enough to strip people of guns, even with four, you take his weapon he has on his back onto your back and the one he had In his hands in yours ... take a few steps away from his unconcious body real quick and drop one (I usually drop the one on my back so you don't have to change weapons at that time , next time you change the item In your hand the gun you had in your hands will auto stick to your back as long as you have no gun on your back) .. Go forward to his body again , knockout again if you see his body twitching.

After that process which seems longer through text than it actually takes in game, drop his backpack on the floor (if You can confirm he is still unconcious) try and drag it away by : moving as far away from the object you want to drag, in the direction of your choice , then opening your inventory and literally drag the bag downwards in the vicinity window and it will "drag" closer to your character outside of the inventory menu (which should be moving away from the unconcious assailant at least giving some space between him and his two weapons in his backpack) ... It only takes about 4 seconds to pull the bag away from him without having to switch it with yours (which is another option ; just switch your backpack with no guns for his with guns, if you don't want to use the dragging backpack thing ) if you get used to opening your inventory and moving quickly and in the case of a survivor having 4 weapons , im guessing two of them are in the bag , and to initially strip him of his first 2 weapons it takes about 8 seconds with no lag so altogether less than fifteen .

So as long as you knock him out with say a sledgehammer or close equivalent you should have plenty of "unconcious time" to strip him efficiently (although it's very nerve racking, especially if you have to knock him out halfway through like described above) but it can definitely be done and the throwing physics are getting better all the time so hopefully soon we can throw backpacks in general and guns more smoothly helping this cause further !

This is also another reason why we need more "less than lethal" weapons . Beanbag guns or tranquilizer darts , maybe more variants of tazers and hopefully eventually some chlorophorm or something crazy like that to spice it up and make getting kidnapped all the more real. :)

It's still kind of a dumb process though isn't it?

You have to have their weapon equipped just to move it when obviously a real person could just throw it to the side, while still carrying a weapon.

I imagine in future they'll add animations for taking backpacks off and whatnot so it probably won't be a case of making things teleport to safe locations before a dude wakes up.

I don't really agree with that, I agree with what Warhoax implies and it's not 'stupid' if a player with jeans and shirt can't win over a player who's spent weeks gathering supplies..

It kind of is though the way the game seems to work is in that situation it's like level 1 RPG character vs level 100 RPG character, the defence stat is too high for the former to touch the latter.

But this game aims to be as realistic as possible so it's human vs human, stats don't come in to play. Wearing a backpack, assault vest, jacket, whatever trousers and having a few guns doesn't make anyone any less susceptible to being knocked out from a blow to the head from behind, they're still just a human being.

No matter the weeks someone's spent to gather supplies it shouldn't make them unbeatable if someone gets the drop on them it should be possible for them to lose and not wake up seconds later able to fight back just fine with a pistol or something.

I'm not particularly skilled at the game, combat specifically had very few PVP run-ins but I can still outsmart people but as a fresh spawn that aids me in no way besides escape, when obviously in real life you could sneak up behind someone and strangle them unless they had some kind of neck guard contraption.

Such a thing could make it too easy of course but considering fresh spawns will have nothing once fists are nerfed, they need to get something, options like I suggested are one way of helping we don't necessarily all want to take everyones stuff just make sure they can't fight back.

It's still kind of a dumb process though isn't it?

You have to have their weapon equipped just to move it when obviously a real person could just throw it to the side, while still carrying a weapon.

I imagine in future they'll add animations for taking backpacks off and whatnot so it probably won't be a case of making things teleport to safe locations before a dude wakes up.

It kind of is though the way the game seems to work is in that situation it's like level 1 RPG character vs level 100 RPG character, the defence stat is too high for the former to touch the latter.

But this game aims to be as realistic as possible so it's human vs human, stats don't come in to play. Wearing a backpack, assault vest, jacket, whatever trousers and having a few guns doesn't make anyone any less susceptible to being knocked out from a blow to the head from behind, they're still just a human being.

No matter the weeks someone's spent to gather supplies it shouldn't make them unbeatable if someone gets the drop on them it should be possible for them to lose and not wake up seconds later able to fight back just fine with a pistol or something.

I'm not particularly skilled at the game, combat specifically had very few PVP run-ins but I can still outsmart people but as a fresh spawn that aids me in no way besides escape, when obviously in real life you could sneak up behind someone and strangle them unless they had some kind of neck guard contraption.

Such a thing could make it too easy of course but considering fresh spawns will have nothing once fists are nerfed, they need to get something, options like I suggested are one way of helping we don't necessarily all want to take everyones stuff just make sure they can't fight back.

Many types of headgear would prevent a K.O.

Alright then, let's say fists are not so efficient anymore. What do you want? Secret agent level of strangulation? Some kind of martial art 'touch of death'? I really don't find it hard to gear up to the level of being able to defend yourself. Improvised stone knife is a newly added item to the game. Find a gravel looking texture and now you've got an item that works pretty much as good as a kitchen knife or machete. Otherwise you could always search the other two houses down the road and you'll probably find some form of item to use in melee (especially now with being able to put practically anything in your hands and use them to fight).