Sign in to follow this  
Sencha

Corpse wound identification.

Right now we can check the pulse of a body, and whether or not the corpse is warm or cold, we can guess if another player might be nearby.

What would be a great addition to this system is if you could check for what kinds of wounds a body has suffered. So you get another option saying "Inspect Body" for instance, and when you use it you get text saying "This person has several deep gashes." which would tell you they were killed by an axe, or a machete. "This person has suffered a multitude of slashes and stabs." if it's a knife, or "This person has X number of bullet wounds." which tells you they got shot. And so and so on for all the different types of weapons.

After this, if they got shot, you can use your knife to dig out the bullet. This would let you identify what kind of weapon killed them, which lets you know what kind of weapon the other player has. Or, if it's multiple types of bullets, that it's more than one player, or that they switched weapons mid-fight.

Edited by Sencha
  • Like 6

Right now we can check the pulse of a body, and whether or not the corpse is warm or cold, we can guess if another player might be nearby.

What would be a great addition to this system is if you could check for what kinds of wounds a body has suffered. So you get another option saying "Inspect Body" for instance, and when you use it you get text saying "This person has several deep gashes." which would tell you they were killed by an axe, or a machete. "This person has suffered a multitude of slashes and stabs." if it's a knife, or "This person has X number of bullet wounds." which tells you they got shot. And so and so on for all the different types of weapons.

After this, if they got shot, you can use your knife to dig out the bullet. This would let you identify what kind of weapon killed them, which lets you know what kind of weapon the other player has. Or, if it's multiple types of bullets, that it's more than one player, or that they switched weapons mid-fight.

is good idea wat you suggest if you finding dead player you can do a investigate find out is killer bandit around? is use m4 full auto or was baseball bat or was a zombie doing? maybe was falled from the ladder and you can relax do a loot in peace

I like this idea :) except for the digging out bullets part I think. Hard to find those, if possible at all... Gunshot victims go through nMRI first to locate bullets / fragments...  Bullets (especially smaller calibers) don't go straight in, when they enter a body they just swirl around and end up somewhere.

So cool idea, i feel like Sherlock Holmes right now. We also need the "grab your chin and think about it" gesture

This is awesome and well thought out.

While wound identification has been discussed multiple times,the part talking about using the knife as a means of finding out the bullet type is what makes this suggestion special.

Maybe there could be a chance to find bullets, or fragments. However, I'm not sure if we'd have the capability to go full CSI and examine everything, like shot distance (close range versus sniper.) Maybe there's an obvious way to say. Do we know any forensics guys?

• Like 1

This is a pretty good idea. +1. Lets say you find a dead body that is warm to the touch, you dig out the bullet, and find out that the deceased person was killed with a .357 round. You then later come across a player who is carrying a repeater on his back; immediate suspect.

Maybe there could be a chance to find bullets, or fragments. However, I'm not sure if we'd have the capability to go full CSI and examine everything, like shot distance (close range versus sniper.) Maybe there's an obvious way to say. Do we know any forensics guys?

the farther back the shot came from before hitting the person, the more blood would be splattered, the bullet would be an inch or so from coming out of the back of the entry point if not all the way through. If you put the gun up to someone's head before shooting, it will come to a vigorous and painful halt if it hits bone or tougher tissue, because when the bullet is 'exploded' it doesn't have that much time to build up kinetic energy before it hit the target, in other words momentum. So the more bloody, messy, deep the shot is, the farther back the shot came from. This is not the case in all situations, but it's a good but broad explanation of what happens if you decide to overlook how powerful the gun used was, or the round used.   I haven't necessarily studied this, but its just something I know; like how you know a cow goes moo, I know what it looks like if you get shot from a distance.

I would thoroughly enjoy seeing these wounds upon studying the body. Say the guy was shot in the back with 7.62x54 we could see the entry and exit and know he was shot in the back.