Sign in to follow this  
call him Steve

Duped Gear

So I came across 6 backpacks all filled with duped gear. They all had container boxes, food, rags, and all the M4 ammo you would need to take over the world along with double clips to go with them.

Now my question is,

1- do I AX the sh!t out of this stuff and ruin every last piece,

2- do I grab as much stuff that I find useful (I have no need for M4 equipment) like the boxes and a better MT pack and then ruin the rest, or

3- do I just leave it be and move on with MY game?

I will leave this server and NEVER play on it again afterwards.

Now what I want to do is number 2 but what is YOUR opinion?

Three step strategy for success!

1. Punish the duper - move the gear to another hidden spot.
  2. Reward yourself - take as much of it as you want. Come back for seconds later.
  3. Help a fellow survivor - share the wealth and make someone's day.
  • Like 1

I've found stuff like this a few times and every occasion I have taken anything I deem to be useful and moved on, leaving the rest.

I didn't dupe it but if I can use it I'm certainly not leaving it behind.

Until they fix the duping and persistent servers why not abuse them? Literally e everyone else is.

Until they fix the duping and persistent servers why not abuse them? Literally e everyone else is.

images.jpg

• Like 2

I used to throw obviously duped gear away in the woods somewhere, but now I just leave it.

Ruin it all.

It's bad karma and a big part of DayZ (for me at least) is looting my own gear where it spawns.

I believe they have ways of wiping duped items with updates as well.

So that could happen.

I used to throw obviously duped gear away in the woods somewhere, but now I just leave it.

Why not destroy it? Do you support the "H" words? Are you in collaboration with them?!

Why not destroy it? Do you support the "H" words? Are you in collaboration with them?!

Congratulations, you've won the Bill O'Reilly Award for making an argument so inane there is no dignified response to it.

Congratulations, you've won the Bill O'Reilly Award for making an argument so inane there is no dignified response to it.

And that's what we call sarcasm buddy :D

harbell.gif

And that's what we call sarcasm buddy :D

harbell.gif

Obviously.

I only wish they had a 'nade in there! But it took some doing to hack it all up, after that I let in a few Z's (6) and locked them in with the packs.

i havnt seen any duping for a long time? 

How are they doing it now? 

I enjoy finding my own stuff. i left the mod due to the tent duping on server resets

I enjoy finding my own stuff. i left the mod due to the tent duping on server resets

Hi Irzero

You will not get an answer here on how to dupe as the community frowns upon this. Any talk or links showing how to dupe etc will be removed from the mods. Whilst in Alpha it will be a continuous game of cat and mouse finding and then patching the loop holes.

Just keep enjoying finding your own loot, and don't let your curiosity get the better of you  :)

Don't know, Don't care! But it is all ruined. Had to spread it all out, and chop it up into little pieces.

Of the stuff I did keep, a few cases with food and rags, I gave out to new spawns. Then I got picked off outside Cherno by a sniper, who wouldn't let me get the gear back as a new spawn myself. OH well I helped out a little bit, I hope. 

Edited by call him Steve