Sign in to follow this  
TEST_SUBJECT_83

Should need plant material to craft a ghille suit too.

Just needing netting and burlap to craft a ghillie suit doesn't seem right.

Now that plant material is an item in game it should be needed to craft a ghillie suit.

Hay from hay stacks could also work for a different look.

Only makes sense, right?

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 3

All some people think about is how they can get their hands on grass. 

• Like 2

i would agree...i like the idea of different plant materials giving a different look, which they should. find yourself a new sweet spot to snipe from?? grab some stuff from the closest plants to help keep you hidden better, use the painting for getting the base color you want and top off with plant material of your choice....options are always good

sadly i have yet to craft my first ghillie....

• Like 1

All some people think about is how they can get their hands on grass. 

just....nice... :thumbsup:

And the materials on the ghillie suit should be constantly falling off like crazy when players run around wearing these items.

• Like 2

i would not recommend to need this for crafting but maybe for "tuning" it. maybe change the spraypaint option to this

• Like 1

"grab some stuff from the closest plants to help keep you hidden better, use the painting for getting the base color you want and top off with plant material of your choice"

I like this!

Having multiple types of different plant material that could make some variety between the ghillie suits beside in color would be nice.

Who knows, the ghillie is new to DayZ, so it may get upgrades in the future.

Ghillie suits aren't made from plant material in RL, right? I've never heard of a plant-based ghillie... but I could be wrong.

Ghillie suits aren't made from plant material in RL, right? I've never heard of a plant-based ghillie... but I could be wrong.

Some Ghille suits allow the user to choose foliage from their surroundings to better suit the environment they are in and make the suit useful in more environments than a grassy field. Generally the suits use a neutral colored mesh that allows foliage to be bound to it.

If anything I would suggest Ghille suits be crafted with nets and rope. This would be the foundation of the suit and is basically netting tied onto the body of the player. In collecting materials to use, such as burlap strips, it could be customized by binding materials to the net.

Edited by Madfireshot
  • Like 2

If anything I would suggest Ghille suits be crafted with nets and rope. This would be the foundation of the suit and is basically netting tied onto the body of the player. In collecting materials to use, such as burlap strips, it could be customized by binding materials to the net.

Yeah because now when you craft a ghillie from netting and burlap stripes, it looks like grass. How? So that idea is definitely something. Allowing the person to fix anything onto there ghilliesuit

Yeah because now when you craft a ghillie from netting and burlap stripes, it looks like grass. How? So that idea is definitely something. Allowing the person to fix anything onto there ghilliesuit

The netting itself interests me, if paired with the right equipment.

http://i.imgur.com/uvKTk7h.jpg

Edited by Madfireshot