DeatHTaX

Grenades?

Well I did a search and didn't really see any thread about this, but before I posted it in bug reporting I wanted to check with the community to see their experience with the frag grenades. 

So long story short, I'm in the top floor of the ATC prone by the barrier next to the staircase, buddy is in the bottom floor under the stairs. Guy throws a grenade in, kills us both.......

So is the grenade blast radius currently unconstrained by the environment? I've noticed the same is sort of true with the flash bang in some instances. 

Well if you think about it a grenade going off in a building would surely hurt all or most people. I am not sure of the blast radius but its pretty big at the moment but I have seen a nade been thrown into bottom floor of military prison and only kill 1 of 2 guys on the top floor.. so who knows. 

Well an enclosed building, yes you are correct, it could do some serious damage, but there are so many places for the pressure wave to be dissapated from in the ATC, as well as multiple surfaces between myself and the shrapnel. 

I had a grenade once, only the one, and it was the only time I had ever seen one. I wasn't going to waste it so I had it in my inventory for hours. Then I died. :(

• Like 2

Threw a grenade on the staircase in the yellow house.
The person in the room on the top floor, with his door open, didn't die.

Interesting...

So I guess what I can ascertain so far is that grenades are just all kinds of unreliable atm?

It sounds pretty unlike that a grenade would kill 2 persons separated by a floor IRL. I've noticed that the nades explosions can go trough walls and other structures

It sounds pretty unlike that a grenade would kill 2 persons separated by a floor IRL. I've noticed that the nades explosions can go trough walls and other structures

It's not the first time that's happened to me. Was in the second floor of a jail one time in the room upstairs, and my buddy was in the cell downstairs, nade kills us both.

:(

The other day my group and I had a good opportunity to test out both grenades.

Two insurgents on the 1st floor of Vybor jail building who were waiting for us, we first throw in a frag grenade which kills one in a MASSIVE explosion, though the other right next to him survives oddly. We then threw in the flashbang which successfully blinded him, but that it went off at all wasn't obvious.

So I'd say they both have work to be done.

I threw a grenade on the ground at my feet and it didn't blow up. Yes I pulled the pin.

Ive had one for hours but never have found a reason to use one. 

And im paranoid that if i test one ill get hunted down by everyone within a mile so....

in my inventory it shall stay 

Well if you think about it a grenade going off in a building would surely hurt all or most people. I am not sure of the blast radius but its pretty big at the moment but I have seen a nade been thrown into bottom floor of military prison and only kill 1 of 2 guys on the top floor.. so who knows. 

Keep in mind, we're talking about fragmentation grenades.

Most of the hurt caused by the grenade is the pieces of metal being sent through the air. It's not the explosion part that'll kill you.

Come to think of it the fragmentation grenades in here cause an explosion like you set off some high explosive.

Ive had one for hours but never have found a reason to use one. 

And im paranoid that if i test one ill get hunted down by everyone within a mile so....

in my inventory it shall stay 

Learn from my experience, use it or lose it.

Throw it at a gas station perhaps? At least you'd get a big bang for your buck.

I've seen people chuck them in jail houses and kill everyone inside, yet I've been at the top of the stairs in a jail house and have someone throw a grenade in through the front door and I've not died.

Threw one tonight and it felt like a nuke going off. I was on top of the firehouse, at NWA and the building off to the right. 1 didn't blast at all, but the 2nd one made one heck of a bang.

Killed 1 zombie and the other stuck in the wall lived.

So its very hard to say if the one was a dud or it was damaged and didn't go off.

I enjoyed the show though :)