LimpBisquit

do cars need fuel?

because cars are already in dayz do you need to find fuel for them to work and do you also need to find keys to start them up or are they in the car when you find it?

The V3S will spawn with a little bit of fuel, but you will have to find Jerry Cans to refuel it again - as it will run out fairly quickly.

That being said,though. It's not too bad. I have been driving for longer than I thought I would last night.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

devs pls! can we just refuel it at gas station without a jerry can?

^^^ = Carebear mode = True

• Like 3

You would need power for that to work. You don't have power in an apocalypse unless you have a generator, which needs fuel. See the problem here?

Everyone else, keep the offtopic to a minimum or I'll have to step in.

• Like 2

yes, or at least have to have a jerry can with you, get out, pump into the can and then the truck. later on maybe the Devs can make you hand pump the gas out 

You would need power for that to work. You don't have power in an apocalypse unless you have a generator, which needs fuel. See the problem here?

Well, a hand pump setup would work. Actually I'm not sure how we fill up the jerry cans since we must be dipping into the fuel wells if the pumps are not working. Hose and crank pump would be a nice thing for us to have as something we could find. Take up less space than a Jerry Can, and make a bit more sense for vehicles that can be driven to the gas stations. 

Idk, I don't think that would really make it carebear mode. There is plenty of danger associated with refilling at a gas station in DayZ.

• Like 1

Currently you need to fill the jerry can at gas station and refuel the truck, why not refuel it directly from gas station?

Yet the pumps work currently with the jerry can.  Are the jerry cans providing the much needed power to make the pumps work at the stations?  They should have us filling the jerry cans at tanks with a siphon of some sort if the lack of power is going to be a reason the pumps cannot fuel directly into vehicles.

Edited by huf757

Yet the pumps work currently with the jerry can.  Are the jerry cans providing the much needed power to make the pumps work at the stations?  They should have us filling the jerry cans at tanks with a siphon of some sort if the lack of power is going to be a reason the pumps cannot fuel directly into vehicles.

This will be the case at a later date, for now it's just a placeholder-mechanic

This will be the case at a later date, for now it's just a placeholder-mechanic

Awesome......I was  hoping

Well, a hand pump setup would work. Actually I'm not sure how we fill up the jerry cans since we must be dipping into the fuel wells if the pumps are not working. Hose and crank pump would be a nice thing for us to have as something we could find. Take up less space than a Jerry Can, and make a bit more sense for vehicles that can be driven to the gas stations. 

I always assumed we were pulling it from the big cylinder at the station. Never saw any evidence of the typical underground wells like the refill pipes sticking up thrugh the ground or the service manholes. Guessing its just bried pipes from the cylinder to the pumps.

Based on that assumption id like us to need a hose to fill a jerry can, just as we need one to syphon fuel in the mod. Then its nice and logical, hose out of the top down to can of the floor, profit :)

I personally don't even understand why they made them so low on fuel in the first place. I've come across about 5 and never had a single one filled with fuel. You'd think they would want us to...y'know, test en mass their new addition to the game. But I guess "realism" is more important than testing new material lol xD

Perhaps an idea to make a portable pump/generator so you can make them work? Ofcourse make them rare?

Perhaps an idea to make a portable pump/generator so you can make them work? Ofcourse make them rare?

Or for the time being just let us fill the trucks up at the damn gas stations lol xD

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

I personally don't even understand why they made them so low on fuel in the first place. I've come across about 5 and never had a single one filled with fuel. You'd think they would want us to...y'know, test en mass their new addition to the game. But I guess "realism" is more important than testing new material lol xD

It's not hard to carry a spare fuel canister with you and most of the VS3s you can come across have at least around 10 litres in them - so I am not sure what you are rambling about?

Drove almost 4 hours straight yesterday, all along the coast and through the inland. Was really fun!

If we can't refuel them at gas stations, we could just reenact The Road and get a soup ladle and spend three hours dipping it into the underground gas tank for a meager amount of fuel.

• Like 2

It's not hard to carry a spare fuel canister with you and most of the VS3s you can come across have at least around 10 litres in them - so I am not sure what you are rambling about?

Drove almost 4 hours straight yesterday, all along the coast and through the inland. Was really fun!

Apparently I'm going to have to explain this at length for you. In order to continue to refuel currently you have to have a gas canister. Right now they aren't just popping up all over the place. I've found one maybe in the past 30 hours of gameplay or so. My "RAMBLING" is point out that if you're going to implement something WILDLY new into the game such as vehicles, it's better to make it so that they can be driven far and often, so as to iron out any bugs and test them extensively. Gas station refueling would be a good temporary measure to make sure that vehicles are being used and tested That's the whole point of the alpha.

Oh and btw, how are you carrying around that jerry can there, surf? I'm SURE it's in your bag, right? You keep enough space in your bag for that jerry can, yeah? Totally.

facepalm.jpg

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 2

I usually travel without a backpack and it fits nicely into a mountainbackpack. That such an alien concept to you?

And if it takes you 30 hours to find ONE jerry can then you are just bad at it, sorry. While they are not common, they are far from being rare.