Sign in to follow this  
rybec

Found out why suppressors might not work perfectly.

Alright guys - this thread rapidly got off topic. 

Some folks are getting a little salty in here and it needs to stop.

- We do not have over 100 people on DayZ

- If seeing incomplete, or bugged features/content/etc is something that upsets you. you should take a break and play DayZ once it releases from Early Access. Having access to development builds -means- you will see stuff like this.

- Claims that the company "does not have the motivation to finish the game" are not only massively incorrect, they are disrespectful. The DayZ dev team are hard working. and passionate folks. In addition, failure to finish DayZ (or finish it properly) would spell out an incredibly damaging consumer and industry reaction for both Valve, and Bohemia Interactive.

- Complaints about the title not being complete enough are ignoring the fundamental purpose of Early Access. If you don't like this, don't participate. If you've already purchased - take a break!

And lastly, I don't know what DayZ Mod you were playing FR4NCH but I've never played one that was as "feature complete" or leagues ahead of the state of DayZ currently. Not even my own DayZ Mod variant, Taviana.

Regardless of what you're replying to or with, I'm happy you show you're actively reading what is being talked about in the forums.

But it is an alpha. Its not a cop out its a fact. Its like a half built house. The foundation is strong but there is more work to be done. Anyone who doesnt understand this should not comment about things they know nothing about.

It is Alpha.

Speaking of facts, that silly mod was "alpha" as well. It's a cop out most of the time.

• Like 1

So mych hate in this thread.  I believe they released it to alpha to help fund it.  I also believe they did not think it would sell as well as it did.(just my opinon)  Is the game broken in it's current state sure but it is still fun and nice to watch a game slowly develope into a good game.

They knew it would sell as well as it did; that's one of the reasons they released it as a standalone rather than a DLC pack or keeping it a mod.

But it is an alpha. Its not a cop out its a fact. Its like a half built house. The foundation is strong but there is more work to be done. Anyone who doesnt understand this should not comment about things they know nothing about.

It is Alpha.

Thanks for using housing as an example. In case you don't know this, construction companies don't sell houses that are 10% finished and allow you to live in them while they build it.

- If seeing incomplete, or bugged features/content/etc is something that upsets you. you should take a break and play DayZ once it releases from Early Access. Having access to development builds -means- you will see stuff like this.

- Claims that the company "does not have the motivation to finish the game" are not only massively incorrect, they are disrespectful. The DayZ dev team are hard working. and passionate folks. In addition, failure to finish DayZ (or finish it properly) would spell out an incredibly damaging consumer and industry reaction for both Valve, and Bohemia Interactive.

- Complaints about the title not being complete enough are ignoring the fundamental purpose of Early Access. If you don't like this, don't participate. If you've already purchased - take a break!

And lastly, I don't know what DayZ Mod you were playing FR4NCH but I've never played one that was as "feature complete" or leagues ahead of the state of DayZ currently. Not even my own DayZ Mod variant, Taviana.

It's nice to see that the developers of this game read the forum. I clearly stated I was playing the earliest build of the mod, which was obviously far from finished but it was less buggy than the current game is. That being said, of course it will be because a mod of a finished game is much easier to make than a game that is partially from scratch.

While I understand it's an alpha, there's still little excuse for stuff going on like it is in the original picture. I mean the upside down handguard is something that I'm sure is easily fixable, so why not quickly hotpatch it? Maybe it's not and I'm wrong, but I know that the suppressor being placed at the end of the muzzle device sure is. the attachment point of the suppressor could be the same place as the muzzle device, and you wouldn't even have to remove the muzzle device (for now) because the suppressor completely envelopes it.

It is Alpha.

Gosh judo! Thank you so much for telling us all this is an alpha.

We had NO idea. None at all. Totally clueless :P

Thanks for using housing as an example. In case you don't know this, construction companies don't sell houses that are 10% finished and allow you to live in them while they build it.

Err. They could. And in this case the house is about 60% complete, not 10%. It wouldnt be very fun but there is nothing preventing that from happening. And, true story, just like this Alpha it would make the construction take much longer then it needed to be because they would have to accommodate tenants. 

Anyone who has a problem with the state of the Alpha can take a hike. You were warned about your purchase. You got EXACTLY what you payed for. Unfortunately your comprehension or understanding is not required to make that purchase. Perhaps you will read the disclaimer and do more research before you buy your next product and complain that you are getting exactly what was sold to you.

Exactly this.

Edited by Judopunch

I mean the upside down handguard is something that I'm sure is easily fixable, so why not quickly hotpatch it?

Maybe because it's a tiny, graphical bug with no impact on gameplay at all. It just occoured in 0,52, I'm sure it will be fixed in the next version, but a hotfix for this? Especially during holidays? Oh come on....

And that is why we should avoid silly comparsions, as they 99% don't apply to software development, no matter how hard we try... ;)

Err. They could. And in this case the house is about 60% complete, not 10%. It wouldnt be very fun but there is nothing preventing that from happening. And, true story, just like this Alpha it would make the construction take much longer then it needed to be because they would have to accommodate tenants. 

Anyone who has a problem with the state of the Alpha can take a hike. You were warned about your purchase. You got EXACTLY what you payed for. Unfortunately your comprehension or understanding is not required to make that purchase. Perhaps you will read the disclaimer and do more research before you buy your next product and complain that you are getting exactly what was sold to you.

You're right, but that's bad ethics and most construction companies won't do that, and they most definitely won't let you live in it because of the problems it would cause down the road.

"Anyone who has a problem with the state of the Alpha can take a hike."

So as a PAYING customer who has supported Bohemia for years, I'm not allowed to voice my opinion because it's not favorable? Must be nice living in purchase justification land, buddy boy-o.

• Like 1

While I understand it's an alpha, there's still little excuse for stuff going on like it is in the original picture. I mean the upside down handguard is something that I'm sure is easily fixable, so why not quickly hotpatch it? Maybe it's not and I'm wrong, but I know that the suppressor being placed at the end of the muzzle device sure is. the attachment point of the suppressor could be the same place as the muzzle device, and you wouldn't even have to remove the muzzle device (for now) because the suppressor completely envelopes it.

Why not hotpatch it? Maybe because deploying a patch has a lot of shit attached to it? Like..make sure the little hotfix doesn't cause other issues, then send it to Valve, take down aaaall the servers (which will lead to a bunch of whiny forum users to complain about the servers being down and how shitty the game is..), deploy it, restart the servers..and so on, so forth.

A lot of hassle, simply not worth it for a graphical goof that isn't in the slightest way gamebreaking, it can easily wait for the next major patch.

They knew it would sell as well as it did; that's one of the reasons they released it as a standalone rather than a DLC pack or keeping it a mod.

It's nice to see that the developers of this game read the forum. I clearly stated I was playing the earliest build of the mod, which was obviously far from finished but it was less buggy than the current game is. That being said, of course it will be because a mod of a finished game is much easier to make than a game that is partially from scratch.

Because priority. 

This falls below the bug bar. It will get addressed, in time - but it is by no means critical. There does not need to be an "excuse" because this is contained within the umbrella of exactly what you are told to expect from the Early Access offering. If you're looking for a different experience, I strongly encourage you to look at a complete, or near complete title like Arma 3, or similar.

So as a PAYING customer who has supported Bohemia for years, I'm not allowed to voice my opinion because it's not favorable? Must be nice living in purchase justification land, buddy boy-o.

You are getting EXACTLY what you payed for. If that is unfavorable to you I suggest you wait until the game is released in about a year and a half or so.

Edited by Judopunch

Because priority. 

This falls below the bug bar. It will get addressed, in time - but it is by no means critical. There does not need to be an "excuse" because this is contained within the umbrella of exactly what you are told to expect from the Early Access offering. If you're looking for a different experience, I strongly encourage you to look at a complete, or near complete title like Arma 3, or similar.

Don't even get me started on ArmA III, because the mods are the only thing that are complete about that game.

You are getting EXACTLY what you payed for. If that is unfavorable to you I suggest you wait until the game is released in about a year and a half or so.

Nah, I paid for it and there's a forum with a suggestions tab up, I'll voice my suggestions (be it in a way that you consider it positive or negative) as soon as I notice an error.

Not the first company to be incompetent when handling firearms and it certainly won't be the last.

I suppose that this is your idea of an 'opinion'. When in reality there are two things going on that you dont understand.

They would rather deliver us new content that's at 80% then not deliver content at all.

This is not as easy of a fix as you seem to think it is and is probably better to have it wait tell beta as there are more important things to worry about and it is tied into several systems that are still in the works.

They have a weapon fanatic that's been doing the art for all the new weapons and he has been doing a spectacular job, as well as has been keeping them VERY high fidelity. 

This is about the only constructive thing you've posted in this thread. Its not really an opinion per-say. More of a gripe. And it shows a lack of understanding about the process of building a game as well as a level of immaturity about waiting while they build the game.

The rest of your comments seem to only be red herrings or posts just to be contrary. Especially sense I was not involved in a discussion with you

this remind me like wen a person is look in the window of man who making new design for prototype car and say 'haha look he maked a mistak wat a noob i dont buy the car'

is maked no sense becase is new design prototype and mistak hapen evry time you must wait for FULL RELES BEFOR MAKE A COMPLAIN and evn if is som mistak after full relese is ok becase is vary big ambition game many feature many item many mechanic and will evrytime be some mistak BUT IT WILL BE FIX

• Like 3

get the hell outta here schrub your niche is oprah feel good storys not dayz development fanboyizm conflict resolution ...and your spelling  is slipping  

this is a troll cave!

Anyone who likes and understands the game should leave this forsaken place, the trolls turn to stone at the first light now Run!!

• Like 1

Frankly, I gotta side with hicks on this. I saw the image and lolled, of course, but as I scrolled down and saw all the hate, I was facepalming. This is EXACTLY the sort of thing the "alpha" argument is all about. Its a new feature, and little things like that will get fleshed out eventually.

This is NOT the sort of thing that should be bothering anyone, causing them to sling their feces at the devs like a bunch of monkeys, blatantly insulting their integrity and work ethic.

Its one thing to make a complaint about something like, say, not having made it possible to use a map WITH a compass simultaneously (one of my big pet peeves) from the very beginning, or not having developed foundational gameplay things like a fully functional, intuitive, non-clunky melee system from the very beginning, BEFORE adding in tons of new items that don't contribute much, if anything, to gameplay like girly dresses. Don't get me wrong, I love that things like that are in game, I just feel the foundation should have been finished before starting to build the house.

But ranting aside, this is still an incredibly fun game, even with its flaws, and even those will be fixed or fleshed out eventually. As quick as I am to criticize some of the design decisions and priorities of the devs, I would never insult them like that.

Let me put it to you this way: Just a few days ago, I had an encounter with another player. Literally NOTHING happened between us. No words, no shots, no fighting. Just a brief standoff where we aimed at one another for a while before breaking away and running different directions. But the entire time, my heart was pounding in my throat. The tension was INTENSE. Not even alien isolation is able to achieve that level of tension with me. Now, even though this game has some glaring flaws that make me curse the DayZ gods now and again, that sort of thing is why I keep coming back.

So I just want to take a moment and say, thanks devs. You may annoy me every time you add in a new clothing item I don't give two shits about instead of developing other things, but you know what? If this was football, and you guys were the players, and Dean was the coach, then I would be one of the fans in the stands. I can shout and scream allllll day about fumbles, or bad plays, or bad calls from the coach, but you know what? Im just in the stands, watching. Unless im actually playing the game, I don't really know what the fuck im saying. And despite all that anyway, I still keep coming back to watch the game.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

You know, i have played Dayz from day one of the mod and the standalone and i can honestly say that the progress that has been made is appaling when compared to the master peice that is Interstellar Marines

Mother of God...

Rant/

~~Typical Troll~~

2012- GOD DIZ MAWD SUKS

2012- WOW DA STANDALONE WILL B GR8 M8

2013- GAWD STANDALONE ISNT CUMIN OUT ITS GHOSTWEAR

2013- WHY U RELEEZE BROKE GAYME GIT GUD ROCKET

2014- ROCKET JIST QUIT U SUK LEEVE DAYZ 4EVAR

2014- ROCKET STOLE MAH MUNNY AND LEFT BOHEEMIYA WHY U DO DIS U THEEF

~~Conclusion~~

People bitch just to bitch. Good job DayZ devs, good job Rocket for bearly dying and apparently being inspired to make a survival game, good job DayZ forum mods- I would hand out several hundred backhands~ I mean bans a day.

And good job Hicks, you took time off your Christmas holiday to listen to people complain just to complain.

You know, the whiners here are like depressed fat people.

Depressed fat chick- I eat because Im depressed and Im depressed cause I eat so much.

DayZ whiners- I play Dayz so I can bash it and I bash Dayz because Im too stupid to read the early access warning saying DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

/rant

I would hand out several hundred backhands~ I mean bans a day.

Whether it's constructive or not, criticism helps things get fixed. I made the thread with the intention of getting a few hearty chuckles and bringing it to attention.

It's great that the team got ass in gear and made a big step by releasing the vehicles and getting persistence closer to being functional. That's a welcomed continuation of how the game is progressing. 

Some of you guys need to set your expectations a little higher, an example praising Dean for starting then dumping the project instead of showing disappointment for not at the very least seeing it through to the beta phase.

• Like 1

Frankly, I gotta side with hicks on this. I saw the image and lolled

So much this^

IMO...

If you saw that pic and lolled then you have the right idea for testing an alpha

If you saw it and got mad....then stick to finished games, because stuff like that will be fixed by then :)

I strongly encourage you to look at a complete, or near complete title like Arma 3, or similar.

Yeah... No offense or anything but..

Ricky-Gervais-Hysterical-Laughter.gif

I have close to 800 hours on Arma3 and can guarantee you that you'll get no better experience from it unless you're using (a good number of)mods.keeping in mind the original concept of what the game is suppose to be about. A military milsim.

But anyhoo, boy this thread went off-topic. Really though this is so minor that it's a bit ridiculous to be making such a fuss about it. This really does fall under the "minor priority" section when it comes to the overall concept of the game.

Edited by Chompster

A suppressor mounted on top of a muzzle break rather than replacing it would have no effect on dampening noise from the firearm.

My post was clearly a joke.