FrostDMG

Can anyone actually play at night?

Ok I'm calling BS on anyone that says they play legit at night without the NVGs. It is simply not possible unless you run around with the torch and miraculously avoid zombies which for some reason can see you almost as good in the night as during the day. Oh also, wanna use the torch? Guess what you need to put a weapon in your backpack for some reason >_<

Anyhow, not sure if just madcuzbad or what, but I honestly do not think anyone can play during the nighttime without NVGs and WITHOUT ABUSING GRAPHICS SETTINGS!!

How is using graphics settings abusing the game as its part of the game.

so turning gamma and brightness to MAX is just playing the game? C'mon ain't that just cheap? I think it's as cheap as DC noobs

so turning gamma and brightness to MAX is just playing the game? C'mon ain't that just cheap? I think it's as cheap as DC noobs

Well d/c is an exploit changing your brightness isnt.

There are some servers that use this new filmic tonemapping like DE 85. You can see MUCH better with it at night.Problem is that you cant see in the server browser which server is using it.

Whilst changing your brightness and gamma isn't an exploit per se, it sort of defeats one of the aspects of surviving in the game.

It's pretty much the same as duping or disconnecting in combat, just that the option is in-game and blatantly obvious.

Whilst changing your brightness and gamma isn't an exploit per se' date=' it sort of defeats one of the aspects of surviving in the game.

It's pretty much the same as duping or disconnecting in combat, just that the option is in-game and blatantly obvious.

[/quote']

I agree with this. I mean I guess you cannot see indoors but outside its pretty easy to navigate, even during moonless nights.

fOR GAMEPLAY REASONS I think rocket should strive for the darkness level and fog/mist level that you see in the forum background pic.Thats dark enough,scary and moody as all hell and very playable.That will make everyone wanna play at night.Then make the day/night cycle only be 4 hours and your set. ;)

It's certainly possible but it's still too dark. The worst part is that navigating is almost impossible. You can't even see the road you're trying to follow.

yeah i think the day/night cycle should be faster, but i think it would also help if every night had a full moon - yes i know its not realistic but then you could actually see where you're going. Also, i think the zombies should be almost blind, cause aggroing at night is a death sentence, and trying to see zeds is impossible without NVGs or cheating

playing at night isnt that hard even when your tourch is off you should be able to see siloetes you should also keep your ears open and listen to your foot steps and the environment

I think playing at night is actually pretty fun. But not practical when first starting off. I uploaded a video of me trying to start a new game while playing at night, check it out:

- Was not fun XD But after getting some good gear together it can be pretty fun.

My friend loves playing at night, he don't have nv goggles but he finds safer from players at night. I however hate it. And no we dont change our graphic settings.

Playing at night has its benefits and I chose sometime to play at night as opposed to day. At night one can move much more undetected.

When I want to "raid" a middle risk objective, i wait for a clear starry night, stake the place out... and get to looting. Less zombie problems, less player problems... and more loot for yourself!

It really is the best option, just stay away from high risk areas because then changes of someone having NVG is too great.

PS: HDR to very high, and wait for clear sky, and running latest BETA(think that helps)

I don't think that gamma/visual adjustments to see at night are exploits, since this game doesn't properly model night vision. Seriously, a human with decent vision is NEVER in pitch blackness while outside - them rods do a good job of picking up even starlight. In fact, the gamma "exploit" is probably the closest thing you can get to what natural NV looks like.

if military flash lights were more common i would play more at night.

Not reading other posts so I don't know if it has been said, but playing at night is a great way to set traps for other players. Especially if you are not attached too much to your gear.

Personally I have given up on stashing anything but basic supplies and the most high tech gun I am content with is an AKM which is pretty common. I killed two players the other day at the NE smaller airfield by throwing a couple of flares and camping the comms tower.

Night Vision goggles all night mang. Having a brighter night would ruin the use of the NVG's

that's actually a very good point.. maybe only the chosen ones with NVGs should be able to venture into the night :\

one late evening i had one too many beers and was so pissed I had no idea what I was doing, lunar eclipse so i didnt see anything and I played like this for abour 2 hours, the next day when I woke up and it was day, I found myself in the middle of elektro all bunkered up and I had acquired quite an impressive arsenal of equipment, took 1 step outside the building and instantly got myself killed.

yeah night play is a lot easier in my opinion.

I only play at night if I logged off in a safe location. Last time I forgot I logged out on a roof... Didn't end so well.