Sign in to follow this  
DayZoey

Puking After Eating/Sprinting

So here's a silly idea, I know we puke when we eat/drink too much because our stomachs can only take so much. Here's something that I've noticed though, I can sprint like a marathon champ when I have the "stuffed" status (meaning my stomach is full). I feel that this isn't very accurate, if we're following through with the puking mechanic, I think we should vomit when we have the "stuffed" status and sprint shortly afterwards.

Any takers? Existing idea already?

• Like 10

So here's a silly idea, I know we puke when we eat/drink too much because our stomachs can only take so much. Here's something that I've noticed though, I can sprint like a marathon champ when I have the "stuffed" status (meaning my stomach is full). I feel that this isn't very accurate, if we're following through with the puking mechanic, I think we should vomit when we have the "stuffed" status and sprint shortly afterwards.

Any takers? Existing idea already?

I think this is the perfect way to counter the "stuffed" status, I know after I've eaten a big meal the last thing I want to do is to sprint. Maybe a light jog perhaps but nothing too major. I think that sprinting in short bursts is okay but long extended periods of sprinting lead to the effect of collapsing and puking ones guts up.

• Like 1

I think this is the perfect way to counter the "stuffed" status, I know after I've eaten a big meal the last thing I want to do is to sprint. Maybe a light jog perhaps but nothing too major. I think that sprinting in short bursts is okay but long extended periods of sprinting lead to the effect of collapsing and puking ones guts up.

Perfectly said. Even if we don't have a "stamina" system for our marathon runners of DayZ, at least we can't run on an overly stuffed stomach xD

The stuffed status isn't inherently a bad thing, it just means you need to wait a bit before consuming more.

Perfectly said. Even if we don't have a "stamina" system for our marathon runners of DayZ, at least we can't run on an overly stuffed stomach xD

I'm pretty sure actually that the 101 Airborne in the days of WW2, paratroopers were endurance trained/tested by stuffing them full of food and then making them run up a pretty big mountain. Pretty much everyone puked but the test was to see who would quit, those who didn't after being forced to run up and down a 3 mile hill (for a whopping 6 miles in total) showed their stuff by sticking to it. I could be making this up though based on what I saw on HBO during Remembrance Week. xD

The stuffed status isn't inherently a bad thing, it just means you need to wait a bit before consuming more.

I'm pretty sure actually that the 101 Airborne in the days of WW2, paratroopers were endurance trained/tested by stuffing them full of food and then making them run up a pretty big mountain. Pretty much everyone puked but the test was to see who would quit, those who didn't after being forced to run up and down a 3 mile hill (for a whopping 6 miles in total) showed their stuff by sticking to it. I could be making this up though based on what I saw on HBO during Remembrance Week. xD

Yeah, however I don't think civilians would be prepared for anything like that xD And since we aren't military personnel, I don't see any of us doing this :P

Yeah, however I don't think civilians would be prepared for anything like that xD And since we aren't military personnel, I don't see any of us doing this :P

Oh yeah no, the point I was making wasn't that we -would- be able to go without puking. The idea I was getting at was "military trained personnel were puking their guts out after eating lots and being forced to run several miles, us civilian survivors shouldn't even be able to make a fraction of that without tossing our stomach contents all over our shoes".

Oh yeah no, the point I was making wasn't that we -would- be able to go without puking. The idea I was getting at was "military trained personnel were puking their guts out after eating lots and being forced to run several miles, us civilian survivors shouldn't even be able to make a fraction of that without tossing our stomach contents all over our shoes".

Ahh, okay xD 

People don't see a difference between running and sprinting in game. Your movement is either A, S, D, or W+W. Nobody does a standard run ingame because there's currently no reason not to. As long as I could still jog it'd be alright.

I think you would still puke from jogging because that's how our bodies are designed, to empty stomach contents when under duress. Filling the stomach and then straining oneself with large amounts of exercise I think would result in vomiting.

It doesn't take for the "stuffed" condition to go away, depending on how much you stuffed yourself. So in reality, you'd only be restricted for a short time.

I like this one, always felt wrong that there was no drawback to being "stuffed" as IRL I associate that feeling with not wanting to move and feeling tired. For jogging id still say yes but less chance to throw up, then no chance if you walk :)

Edited by Karmaterror

Jogging would be ok when stuffed, but sprinting should definitely cause vomiting. It's a very good and realistic idea to counter the stuffed state.

See I really disagree about jogging. Having eaten to that "tubby custard" feeling in the past, I rarely wanted to get up from my seat let alone -walk- anywhere. Keep in mind... Eating until you are "stuffed" isn't like eating until you feel full.

... Though on second thought, I guess the range of movement you should be allowed would depend on the colour of the condition. The first "stuffed" in yellow would just be a 'yeah I'm full, feels good' where the orange would be 'whoa I don't wanna run anywhere, better slow down' and anyone who is silly enough to eat until they are red before they puke should be 'no I'm only going to walk or be polishing my shoes with my stomach contents'.

Seems a bit more reasonable to vary the punishment of reckless behaviour based on how reckless/silly it is rather than across the board "YOU SHALL FOREVER WALK SLOW NO MATTER WHAT".