Sign in to follow this  
crash04

shoot through windows?

I was on a night server last night with only one other guy in the game. I was in zelenogorsk in one of the barracks and i heard a shot, it was so dark i couldnt see where he was. I was in the inventory screen then heard about 5 more shots. It was a mosin i think, i see the guy aiming right at me on the other side of glass shooting away. He didnt hit me once and i was just standing still. I shut the door and logged out, all i had was an axe. Didnt want to loose all the food and supplies been gathering. My question is is why didnt i get hit, he couldn't shoot me through the glass? It scared the crap outa me, only one other person in server and i was only in it tops 5 minutes

Sounds like you've found the real DayZ there man! Playing on servers with only one other player (server hopping?) and then combat logging when that one other guy finds you! GG

From close range an axe Vs a Mosin at worst is probably 50/50. You should have grown a pair and gone after him.....

PS To answer your question you cant shoot through those windows. You once could because I killed someone that way, but not anymore.

Edited by TheRunningManZ
  • Like 5

When I'm inside and someone is shooting at me it works great to shoot through windows. When I'm inside or outside and shooting at someone inside it does not work.

Military barracks' windows are bulletproof.

When I'm inside and someone is shooting at me it works great to shoot through windows. When I'm inside or outside and shooting at someone inside it does not work.

I don't understand this. Please clarify?

I was on a night server last night with only one other guy in the game. I was in zelenogorsk in one of the barracks and i heard a shot, it was so dark i couldnt see where he was. I was in the inventory screen then heard about 5 more shots. It was a mosin i think, i see the guy aiming right at me on the other side of glass shooting away. He didnt hit me once and i was just standing still. I shut the door and logged out, all i had was an axe. Didnt want to loose all the food and supplies been gathering. My question is is why didnt i get hit, he couldn't shoot me through the glass? It scared the crap outa me, only one other person in server and i was only in it tops 5 minutes

The only windows you can shoot through that are guaranteed are broken windows. Any windows that aren't broken, if they look like you can shoot through them then you can take your chances. I might of done the same thing in my earlier DayZ days, but combat logging like you did can easily get you killed, incase you didn't know, when you combat log your character doesn't despawns from the server for at the MOST 30 seconds, I learned this the hard way... twice... What happens is when you log out your character crouches, sits, crouches again and stands up, then 5 or so seconds later it disappears. So if something like that happens and you feel he would kill you, chances are your guts are right, if that is the case then your BEST BET out of anything is to open the door and DART THE HELL OUTTA THERE!! Once you are a good 400 meters away then logging out isn't really combat logging, and you are less likely to still get killed. (at least if you don't log out in the middle of the airfield). Hope I helped, any additional questions please ask.

Gotcha, thanks for the response, i understand know about the windows. However i didnt server hop, i joined in and ran to the barracks, just so happened the only guy was there too. I did combat log i admit, wasnt ready for it lol