Sign in to follow this  
Jesterarts

Magazine and canteen issues

So I played for the first time in a while yesterday and I noticed I am having some issues with magazines and canteens.

For whatever reason, I cannot for the life of me fill a canteen from a well. I tried the same thing I always did before and the action of 'fill canteen' never appeared. Standing, crouching, laying down, pointing at the handle, nozzle and shaft (hehe 'shaft') but no luck.

In the end I just filled it whenever I found another bottle of water.

The next issue for me was trying to load a mag into an AK.

In my game time yesterday I found 3 individual AK. A regular AK, a short stumpy one and one that was missing all of the wooden bits. I also had a drum mag and a SMAG AK mag with me. For whatever reason I was unable to load either mag into any of the AK's I found. When I dragged them to the gun the icon remained red.

Is anyone else having these issues? I'm mostly interested in the AK issues as water is easy enough to find, but I ended up leaving these AK's behind as they where no use.

Thoughts?

Mags probably aren't the right caliber. So you are trying to put a different sized bullet than what the gun can take.

or the mags are broken.

Edited by NotRedd

The AK74 and AKs74u take AK74 mags (default orange, can be painted) , the AK101 takes AK101 mags (default black, can be painted) and the AKM takes AK 30 rnd standard and custom after market mags and the 75 rnd drum mag.

Like NotRedd said, different calibers mags fit in different caliber guns. And lastly, if it's the right mag for the right gun, make sure the weapon isn't chambered with a run, you won't be able to attach mags until you unload it first.

As for canteens, I don't have this problem so sadly can't help you.

Ah, wow ok.

I didn't realise there was that many calibres of AK ammo and magz

Well there you go, that could explain that issue.

Thanks,

Sometimes i experience canteen difficulties. Re-equip the canteen in your hotbar (clear then drag again.) Take canteen in hands by using the corresponding number and if it doesnt say fill bottle scroll mousewheel up/down and it should say : fill/drink bottle again.

You could also try filling up from the thousand or so ponds scattered across the map.

Thanks for the feedback!

I tried in a pond and the result was one empty canteen and soaked pants. :)

So I played for the first time in a while yesterday and I noticed I am having some issues with magazines and canteens.

For whatever reason, I cannot for the life of me fill a canteen from a well. I tried the same thing I always did before and the action of 'fill canteen' never appeared. Standing, crouching, laying down, pointing at the handle, nozzle and shaft (hehe 'shaft') but no luck.

In the end I just filled it whenever I found another bottle of water.

The next issue for me was trying to load a mag into an AK.

In my game time yesterday I found 3 individual AK. A regular AK, a short stumpy one and one that was missing all of the wooden bits. I also had a drum mag and a SMAG AK mag with me. For whatever reason I was unable to load either mag into any of the AK's I found. When I dragged them to the gun the icon remained red.

Is anyone else having these issues? I'm mostly interested in the AK issues as water is easy enough to find, but I ended up leaving these AK's behind as they where no use.

Thoughts?

Have you filed a bug report?

At the moment I am still possibly putting it down to user error more than a bug since others have been able to work around it.

Going to try some of the suggestions and see how I go.

It's not that critical and if it is an issue, I'm sure the devs will address it in good time.