Sign in to follow this  
treetop82

How to find non-persistent servers

On my server list, 99% of the servers seem to have persistence ON. There is no filter for persistence that I can see, nor do the server Details contain any information. The only info you see is Persistence:ON or no mention of persistence in the server title.

Is there any other way to determine which servers are truly non-persistent?

Try to type "off" in the filters. ;=)

Is there any other way to determine which servers are truly non-persistent?

no idea :/

Edited by Won

Nope. You just have to go down the list, adding them to your favourites. 10% sounds about right to me.

Just to add to your woes, some servers describing themselves as 'persistence:on' are probably persistence off.

Ya filter for persistence servers would be nice. That being said though if they fixed persistence servers and quit resetting them every Wednesday morning then there would be no need for a filter. The amount of servers the do not abide by the naming conventions is astounding.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Servers

That being said it would be nice to if there was a way to tell from the client end what is turned on and what is not.

Edited by Foolee

If memory serves persistence is now the default. There's a few servers I've tried with persistence off which were actually persistence on because they never went in and turned it off around .49 when persistence was introduced. This further compounds the issue.

If you collect loot in a non-persistence server, then log into a persistence server, is your loot preserved?

I'm assuming this is an issue for people who miss visible heli-crashes.

Edited by Mr Jizz

If you collect loot in a non-persistence server, then log into a persistence server, is your loot preserved?

Crashes are visible again.

Yes, of course - so long as you're on the same shard/hive.

Crashes are visible again.

They have always been visible on Persistence Off servers, however I do remember when the Heli crashes didn't spawn at all at one point...

So the whole Persistence On/Off isn't a thing anymore?? It was just a week ago that people were telling me crashes were only visible in servers with Persistence off.