kevlar128

Unbearable FPS

So I really adore DayZ and think it has alot of potentiol however, when I feel the need to play it, I never can. I am able to play for around 20 minutes or so but then the game freezes for 2-3 second and then the FPS turns to crap and becomes unplayable. And when I am able to play it I have to have my graphics settings on the lowest on some of them. I overpass the PC Specs and I still run like crap. Nothing else is open and I have it set to high priority in task manager. I really want to play without having to restart every 20 minutes so is there a way to fix this without having to completly move every single thing in the files around?

I had this problem when I had some malware. Scan your computer. And if that doesnt help either reinstall or do a clean computer wipe. That always helps me when I get FPS problems

The scan didn't work. Evad is. probably right. It extra sucked becasue I managed to lag and get killed by a zombie.

hello mate, your specs get to the recommended?

i remember that problem being somewhat regular a few months ago, the game lags and then it looks like minecraft right?

check for GPU drivers

or

try to verify the cache of the game on steam

But this is what happens in a little more detail. I play for a bit, it stops for like 2-3 seconds. Then for some reason the sound get's a little louder and I just get like 1-10 FPS. I have tryed verifying cache and I can attempt to update drivers.

Just tested again and found it does not always freeze before it starts to go bad FPS mode. I met a guy as I was getting killed and after that I started getting low FPS.