shokaloop

Question about Heli Crash sites

I haven't played in like 3 patches but I started back up and after getting looted from a few of the new military bases I decided to go Heli crash hunting. After a few hours I've finally come across one but the loot was terrible and not even worth the time spent trying to find it. 

Did they lower the spawn rate on things?

How far does loot spawn from the heli crash itself? 

I think there are over 70 possible locations and they spawn on 3 randomly chosen of all the 70 spots. Gear spawns right next to them, so maybe someone has already found your crashsite before...

Edited by MAnU_11197

I think there are over 70 possible locations and they spawn on 3 randomly chosen of all the 70 spots. Gear spawns right next to them, so maybe someone has already found your crashsite before...

Well I found a good Heli crash site route that I've been taking then server hopping. I was in a server that was resetting and when I loaded in I could see it off in the distance. I know I was the first person there. 

Any other thoughts? 

As much as the heli crash sites are random, so might be the amount of gear as well.

As much as the heli crash sites are random, so might be the amount of gear as well.

So would you say it's worth it to hunt them down?

Personally I love searching for crash sites. I've found about 25-30 for the past few days, most UH-1Y and a few Mi-8. Total of 5xAUG, 3xM4 and 1xAK101, multiple mags, etc.

But, it is pretty random. One crash site had 2 AUG while some didn't even have a weapon, but was not looted as there was multiple mags full of ammo...

It's totally worth it if you want rare weapons and such. :thumbsup:

2vnkpw5.jpg

• Like 3

AUGs seem to come in pairs. I found a site this evening with two. After a little headscratching I decided to stick with my spare M4, at least until there's a possibility of pristine AUGs and some attachments. The scope is horrible.

Edit: Just found a pristine one. Thought they only spawned as worn or worse. Still couldn't convince myself to take it over my spare M4...

Edited by Mookie

I went heli-hunting on a Persistence disabled server today and found at least 10 crashes. 4 (2 Russian and 2 American) on the NWAF  tarmac alone. Another two near Lopatino and the rest on my way to Zelenegorsk. Was going to keep going but the server reset. Got a fully decked m4, FNX with sight and mags and multiple ammo boxes, and passed up 3 Augs and a RAK. This was all on one server for one reset period. Something is up with chopper crashes I'm guessing.

So from what it seems helicopters only show up on Non-persistant servers? Am I understanding this correctly? On our server the other day, we found a m4, ammo box and such at the NWAF at a crash site location, but there was no helicopter..

So from what it seems helicopters only show up on Non-persistant servers? Am I understanding this correctly? On our server the other day, we found a m4, ammo box and such at the NWAF at a crash site location, but there was no helicopter..

Yeah apparently Heli crashes on Persistence servers are invisible and the gear just spawns on the ground making them very hard to find.

I went back into that same server looking for the same results and only managed to find 2 crashes after a couple hours of looking. Seems very inconsistent.

I went heli-hunting on a Persistence disabled server today and found at least 10 crashes. 4 (2 Russian and 2 American) on the NWAF  tarmac alone. Another two near Lopatino and the rest on my way to Zelenegorsk. Was going to keep going but the server reset. Got a fully decked m4, FNX with sight and mags and multiple ammo boxes, and passed up 3 Augs and a RAK. This was all on one server for one reset period. Something is up with chopper crashes I'm guessing.

Hang on, 10 crash sites on a single server? Never heard of that before, and theoretically impossible as only three spawn per restart. Yes, something really is up with chopper crashes.... :huh:

• Like 1

I was on a server which had some odd problems yesterday, the admin I believe kept restarting it and I'd been at a heli site when this first happened, it roughly reset or something every 2 minutes and the helicopter spawn remained the same. In that time, I stayed on throughout 5 of these odds resets I looted the same crash site 5 times with fresh loot. The only worthy thing in those 5 crashes was an AK scope.

Yes and no, i have had horrible luck, searching all spawns for helis on a persistent server and not finding a one. But on non persistent servers ive been able to find like 5 in a few hours time. 

I heard its something like a 99% chance for heli crashes to spawn invisible on persistent servers.

and i believe what i heard, because the other day on my clans server (P:on for sure) we found one just south of Stary Sobor. So for the time being id go on non persistent servers for heli crash hunting

I was on a server which had some odd problems yesterday, the admin I believe kept restarting it and I'd been at a heli site when this first happened, it roughly reset or something every 2 minutes and the helicopter spawn remained the same. In that time, I stayed on throughout 5 of these odds resets I looted the same crash site 5 times with fresh loot. The only worthy thing in those 5 crashes was an AK scope.

Sounds like that's because it was an Mi-8 site - a non-smoking Russian chopper. They've never spawned great loot, except an occasional AK, or a PSO-1. And even more occasionally, of course, SMERSH vests. You'll need to find a smoking UH-1Y for those elusive M4s and AUGs...

Apologies if you already know this.

So, to summarise the current rules of heli hinting go like this:

1. The crash models don't spawn on persistent servers, although there are reports that the loot does - you just have to literally run over it. The occasional report of a persistent server spawning crashes is probably because persistence has been turned off without the server title being changed to reflect this.

2. Crash sites definitely do spawn on non-persistent servers, in pretty much the same places we all know. If my recent experience is anything to go by, with roughly the same frequency as in 0.49 (there seem to be more, if anything, than 0.50). In some cases there may be something really weird going on where, like Nails, you might get very lucky and find more than three per restart.

3. UH-1Ys seem marginally more common than Mi-8s (a good thing from my POV).

4. Mi-8s spawn slightly better loot than the old stuck-in-the-ground models, but still not brilliant.

4. UH-1Ys are spawning pretty much the same loot as their Blackhawk predecessors, with the addition of the AUG.

5. AUGs are now spawning as pristine, whereas, presumably before a recent update, they only spawned as worn or worse.

Hang on, 10 crash sites on a single server? Never heard of that before, and theoretically impossible as only three spawn per restart. Yes, something really is up with chopper crashes.... :huh:

Could have been a bug going on with just that server during that reset period but it happened. If I get time today I will try hopping back on that server to see if it's normal again or not.

Are Blackhawks still spawning after maintanance?

Since servers have come back up I haven't found any Blackhawk crash sites, only Russian ones. Anyone found a Blackhawk since maintanance?

That's because those UH-60 Blackhawk heli crashes were placeholders til they finished the UH1Y heli crash models. So, those UH60 models got replaced and no longer exist.

• Like 1

This is the new "smoking" crash site that replaces the old UH-60 Blackhawks you are looking for now. Same spawn points.

34ovip1.jpg

The Bell UH-1Y "Super Huey" or "Venom".

2zthaon.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, pedantic much?

Admin, can you close this thread, just found a Bell UH-1Y "Super Heuy" or "Venom" outside Stary Sobor, Chernarus, "some fictional Eastern European Counrty", Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way. The Universe....

Found 4 of the new Hueys today in a 3 1/2 hour run (1 server restart in between).  Glad they are smoking again, but the smoke pillar doesnt go as high as previous and dissipates in a larger cone.  You have to be a lot closer to see it from far away then you did with the original smoking blackhawks.  

Loot was Meh at all of them.  Found parts for M4's, no M4's.  Some magazines and 1 ammo case.  Otherwise, was disappointed in the lack of items.  I may have been second or third to visit 2 of them (maybe).  But I know for a fact I was the first to 2 of them after the server restart and the loot was just as poor.  No M4's.  No nades.  No Combat Knifes.   

Just had persistance turned off on the server that 2 buddies and I run, and found a helicopter shortly after. Too bad someone had already looted it :p

Found a heli on a field in the west, non persistent server. First time finding a heli, there was (2) M4s, a silenced pistol, a few mags for the M4, pristine acog, a grenade and some more ammo for a few other things. A very successful find for a first timer I would say. Too bad I put most of the stuff in a tent and of course the tent decided to glitch and disappear. Speaking off when a tent disappears is there any fixes, like maybe it's sti there I just gotta do something to see it?

Edited by punkvegita

Hi, have some news from helicrash sites on 0.52 with persistence ?

We dosnt have it on Fragnet.net with persistence, This is wat fragnet give us for reply...

Hello Blake,

This is indeed a problem with the current patch, wiping the persistence data will allow for 2-3 heli crashes after which there won't appear more at rare times you can still find a crash site but no animation will occur.
Bohemia is aware of this issue and is working on resolving it.

Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards, 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to reply.

Friendly

Edited by ProTECK

Well I found a good Heli crash site route that I've been taking then server hopping.

Yeah, you really shouldn't be doing that. It's beyond taboo.