Noble Savage

DayZ for purists - Keeping it real

just curious, do the walkie talkies in game work yet, and if so why not use those?

• Like 1

To take this "purist's" approach a bit further, why not force yourself to purify all of your water and use disinfectant spray to pick up any loot from a corpse? Cook all canned food?

Once they make water purification a necessity then of course, we will do it, as should any sensible player, the same goes for disinfecting kit and cooking foods but that isn't really 'purist' in the way I mean it in the OP, I am thinking more about playing the game in the purest way without any help or assistance from 3rd party apps or sources of information and making things as realistic, immersive and challenging as possible. Surviving and communicating using only the tools provided within the game. Although I am going to look into this side of gameplay a lot more in the future.

Another guy suggested surviving by only hunting, trapping and fishing etc and using only tools that you need for crafting purposes and weapons/clothes/backpacks that you make, again this is an awesome way to approach the game but you could do this without necessarily playing in a purist way by using 3rd person and teamspeak etc.

just curious, do the walkie talkies in game work yet, and if so why not use those?

I have found them and hooked up batteries but never managed to communicate with anyone, we are making this our next mission, to see if they work and if they do then we will use them a lot I am sure.

Edited by Noble Savage

I'ma bookmark this thread. If you ever get your private, whitelisted shard up and running, I assure you that I shall apply for whitelisting right away. I'd love to play like this, but it definitely does seem to require a dedicated group and a whitelisted, private server.

• Like 2

Honestly, I can't understand the criticism. It sounds to me like you guys are having a hoot!

I'll check to see if I can get a decent ping to any of your favorite servers.

• Like 1

Funny how the most people's main concern is the disadvantage you suffer for this playstyle. Dayz shouldn't be played to "win". There's no posted K/D, no kill streak bonus, no reward for surviving. Dayz is a game you play for the experience, not the gold medal. OP has the right idea!

• Like 4

Funny how the most people's main concern is the disadvantage you suffer for this playstyle. Dayz shouldn't be played to "win". There's no posted K/D, no kill streak bonus, no reward for surviving. Dayz is a game you play for the experience, not the gold medal. OP has the right idea!

accept my way is the right way 

I hope you guys make your private server. I'll be there.

A couple of people have pm'd me and expressed an interest in what we are doing and have asked where we play, so here is a list of our favourite servers for anyone else who would like to try and get involved. All 1st person only, 2 public and 2 private.

Scandanavian allstars (public)

The violent gentlemen's club (public)

The last division (private)

Dayz underground (private)

Hi :)

I'm the admin of the second server : The Violent Gentlemen's Club

We're really happy to have some players like you on our server !

If at anytime you face any problem with the server (a server freeze for example) don't hesitate to pop on our Teamspeak : ts.violentgentlemen.fr:1664

This one is also public if anyone wants to use one of the channel to play with his friends.

Have fun !

I know I am nearly a month late, but I cannot seem to PM the OP.  I am willing to donate a chunk of the cost of a server each month to ease the cost burden.  This concept sounds very exciting to me.  Helicopter Hunter, if you are interested, please message me on steam: username is schwaBAM.

I have a few more you can add to your list if you really want to be like me...

- drop everything you start with every time you spawn, earn everything

- never play on servers with less than 20 peeps, try to join full servers every time you play

- when being forced to play on 3pp because of above rule, stay in 1pp, accept the disadvantage

- always shoot zombies first, melee is for when u run out of ammo and never use fists...that's just wrong

I have played 3pp and 1pp both and enjoy them both. I have played solo on 1pp servers with out TS, which according to OP is being a purist. It was immersive, but at the time I did not think of my self being anymore hard core or a purist by doing so, nor do I feel it required more skill then on 3pp you simply have to be more aware, you dont have the option to look above 3pp. I do feel 1pp forces you to pay closer attention to your suroundings more, due to the restricted view, and you cant peek. You wanna watch someone you gotta stick your head out....which might get shot right off if your not careful lol. Infact last 2 weeks I have been playing 1pp, I do not feel anymore pure or hardcore of a dayz player for doing so. I guess for me its just a different perspective thats all, which makes things seem interesting and fresh again. 

Its really a matter of immersion right? That really is all it is to me. How much do you want? Do you like your coffee with cream or black....does the same fucking thing at the end lol The reality is dayz 3pp, 1pp or what ever is just by it self a purist game, its pretty hardcore for a game regardless of what view you prefer. Its perma death and pretty harsh cost for dieing compared to other games.

One thing I will add is I think 3pp needs is a dynamic camera. Get close to a door the camera zooms in so you cant look around the corner, in 3pp. That really is a expliot that bugs people.

Edited by CJFlint

Do you like your coffee with cream or black....

I like my coffee like I like my women......Please hold the cream.

• Like 1

I like my coffee like I like my women......Please hold the cream.

coffee that complains about everything and wants to discuss feelings all the time and looks fat in that cup sounds like shit 

• Like 2

I consider myself a casual Dayz gamer and I play under the exact same rules.  Seems like 101 of Dayz to me.

Beauty of Dayz is the number of different ways you can play it.