Obcasus

Battleye EULA problem, Help?

Uninstall it, physically check that all relevant folders are deleted and re-install.

• Like 1

Uninstall it, physically check that all relevant folders are deleted and re-install.

If this does not work. Contact battleye itself I guess.

When I try to start the game it asks me to accept the Eula and when I do I have to download battleye well in the cmd it says failed to install. Please help me

Do you mean when you install the game or after it's installed when you start playing?

If DayZ is already installed - what I would do first is go to Steam and check the DayZ files from Steam : To do this ('scuse me being boring me if you know already)

In Steam:

Go to LIBRARY, you will  see DayZ in your list of games on the left.

- then RIGHT CLICK on DayZ there, and choose PROPERTIES from the drop-down list (it's at the bottom of the list)  - the 'DayZ Properties' window opens.

Choose the tab LOCAL FILES in that window, and you will see the option VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

click on that for Steam to check that your game is installed OK

It only takes 5 mins and it will NOT harm your game installation. It will either say it's good, or it will automatically update anything wrong. You do not loose any play characters or anything like that.

No probs.

It's the simple way to check you've got the whole game installed correctly and Steam is in contact with it.

Then try running the game. The first time you open it, Battle Eye wants to install and asks you to accept the EULA (license agreement).

Just one thing to think of , if you installed the game before the last update, it sometimes takes a short while before Steam updates DayZ with the new stuff... When this happens to me, I open Steam, without DayZ and see if it updates, if it doesn't start real soon, i close Steam, open it and try again.. after 2nd try it has always updated any new material. Then Battle eye should be in phase with the current game.

Ya have to remember, holiday evenings and weekend evenings there's a whole planet of folk asking the Steam/Battleye servers for stuff, and they are sometimes a bit slow to get to you.

If you still have the same problem, ask again here and explain what happens.. there are many people on these forums who can help (I'm surprised Kichilron hasn't already given you the ABC.. he's usually [always] in before me)

xxx pilgrim

maybe this is stupid to ask - but do you have enough space on your disk where the game is installed ? The disk isn't full ?

Also - I guess you are NOT doing anything else while you load the game, such as Skype, Youtube, Bittorrent, watching a video, or keeping your browser open, playing another game, or other stuff?

- and you have also turned off your incoming virus check. Right ? (you can virus check the whole PC afterwards, if you want)

Try a ping test to make sure you have a good connection - wifi connections are not hot, dont use them if you can help it - specially if someone else in the house is also using the same wifi. Use Ethernet.

Try to get past the EULA at a quiet part of the day, even Steam gets overloaded at peak hours, and I guess Battleye too.

"update paused" is a strange message to get, unless you have a sticky keyboard (like, one of your keys sticks down sometimes) .. you get this message when you use a proprietary downloader and you tell it yourself to pause the download. It is not a message the computer should come up with by itself.

Did you check that the DayZ files were all installed OK?.. I explained how to do it.

So you have already downloaded and installed DayZ ?  And you checked with Steam that it is all correct and up to date ?

Then when you start to play the game.. you get the "Install Battleye EULA" .  Right ?  then you get "download paused"  Right ?

If that's what happens -  make sure DayZ is installed correctly and up to date (I explained how) then do as commanderbash says in this thread - try to download battleye from their site. He gives the link.

ps - This is the first time you downloaded DayZ right? You or your brother or your friend have never played it before on the same machine?

xx

Edited by pilgrim

I previously installed DayZ about 7 months ago, and it worked fine. Didn't play for about 5 months and now with this new update i want to play it again. So I queued it to update and it just said "update paused" no matter how many times I pressed the arrow to move it to top of queue all it said was "Update Paused". So I uninstalled everything including the BattlEye files. So now I re installed it on steam and when I go to launch it it asks me to accept the EULA or whatever so I did accept it, and then the CMD error pops up saying "Failed to install BattlEye Service". 

I've researched everything, I went to BattlEye website and got that .dll file and replaced it with the one in the steamapps>common>DayZ>BattlEye folder.

As well i go into Steam and right click DayZ and go to Properties. And then click the verify integrity of game cache thingy, and it says it is reacquiring 3 files. But when it goes to install them it just says UPDATE PAUSED. And I cant get it to RESUME or anything and then I just gotta re install it again!

I've installed this game like 7 times now and it just won't work please someone please HELP ME! 

I've installed this game like 7 times now and it just won't work please someone please HELP ME! 

Merged, still a problem for some.

I just bought and downloaded DayZ this morning.

At the start there was a window says "failed to start battleye service" so I cleared battleye folder and downloaded files from battleye official site.

But when I tired to start DayZ after that I met this problem:

- A window says I need to accept battleye 

- I pressed "yes"

- Nothing happens 

That's it, I can't do anything about that.

BTW there is some information might help:

- i'm using windows 8.1

- no firewall nor anti-virus 

- full access to these files

- started DayZ as admin

I just bought and downloaded DayZ this morning.

At the start there was a window says "failed to start battleye service" so I cleared battleye folder and downloaded files from battleye official site.

But when I tired to start DayZ after that I met this problem:

- A window says I need to accept battleye 

- I pressed "yes"

- Nothing happens 

That's it, I can't do anything about that.

BTW there is some information might help:

- i'm using windows 8.1

- no firewall nor anti-virus 

- full access to these files

- started DayZ as admin

Merged, try some of the listed resolutions above.