Sign in to follow this  
veteranninja

I miss a night time server..

Can someone tell me if there is a server with night time and day time...with a lot of people playing on it..?

There is only DAY server and this is not dayz for me...

• Like 1

The dayz you know is gone, probably forever. If you do find a decently populated night server, id bet at least 3/4 the players are playing with cranked gamma.

• Like 1

All the DayZ Fragnet public servers reset at 15:00pm and crash around 19:00 pm with night time falling about 17:00

so it's got a decent amount of night ,but definitely not a full day/night cycle

I miss 99% of all servers I play, because I pay NO attention to the name of it due to the huge ammount of dumb names there are for them. And because HISTORY tab don't have chronological order for the list of servers that you had play on

Our server plays night as long as it doesnt crash to reset the time....

i've tried a few night servers lately and i noticed with all of them its still very bright, even with no moon. the moon makes them extra bright. and i dont have my gamma cranked up. did they up the ambient gamma during night ?

i always play as a black character on night time servers because it helpe me to stay hidden in the shadows, sometimes i play as a chinese character on night server but only if i have a black balaclava

inb4 "its realistic, its make the game challenging, blah blah" i really dislike night time servers, if you try to play without your gamma turned up and you use a light source, when you make it into a town to look for supplies, somebody can see you from a loooooong way off and just wait for you to get close or follow you to kill you, doesn't make it fun, which as vidya game, i expect to have fun.

/rant

yeah, don't wait for a lighting fix coming any time soon, with the new renderer being developed

(at least ihope they still are) they are probably bringing in some kind of realistic nighttime lighting

if they don't, it's a real shame because night-time play before everyone and their grandma knew the gamma glitch was awesome

i remember actually seeing flares being tossed around at night in cherno

paranoia was even stronger

and zombies came out of nowhere

when i earn enough money i will rent a DayZ server and get the day-night cycle to 3 part day and one part night,

or even half/half, but only if the fix the damn lighting

a very fast solution to this though is not apparent, since the use of text-config files

allows someone to even change gamma values if the devs wouldn't allow for such a thing

after launching the game, they need to change the engines renderer to fix the gamma-exploit,

so that the only workaround is cheating which will get you banned

Edited by Zombo