Sign in to follow this  
JeffGhost

Weight System

Hello little survivors,

Today i saw a discussion on a group where they were talking about the possibility of adding a bandolier to be able to carry more weapons (Or at least to not drop them while doing other stuff).

But, them i thought that it would be great to have a weight system, where everything has a weight and this would affect the mobility/agility, the stamina of the character, etc....Like Fallout: New Vegas did with the Hardcore Mode, where even the ammo had weight.

I don't know if its already being planned, but i suggest that because most of the people i know only play DayZ for the PvP...It's all about finding a hellicrash that drops M4 and other weapons, military items to go to PvP...And the weight system would limit this kind of behavior to a more carefull approach, since if you are heavy, than it would limit your actions...

• Like 2

There is a wait system. Right after the 70 second spawn countdown you have to wait another seventeen minutes to actually play.

• Like 2

check out the roadmap for this year i think its Q2 it states stamina not sure what there interpretation on it will mean but i hope its not just some stamina bar like skyrim i hope there's weight involved as well as injuries affecting said stamina and the amount you can carry. but like i said its hard to tell what the devs have in mind i just hope it raises the difficulty.

I've been advocating the same mechanic.

It will also promote team-play, as two people can share things like a tent, gas, food, water etc.

I'm a hiker and mountain climber myself, and the challenge of weight versus mobility is interesting.

I'm also afraid that the KOS crowd will not like any limitation that prevents them from sniping other players, they like the current game and dread challenges, communication and cooperation.

Still I'm very much in favour, because it encourages thinking and strategy, leading to more creative and diverse play situations.

It will also promote team-play, as two people can share things like a tent, gas, food, water etc.

I'm a hiker and mountain climber myself, and the challenge of weight versus mobility is interesting.

I'm also afraid that the KOS crowd will not like any limitation that prevents them from sniping other players, they like the current game and dread challenges, communication and cooperation.

Still I'm very much in favour, because it encourages thinking and strategy, leading to more creative and diverse play situations.

As with what you said, I totally agree because this game want made as a gear and kill deathmatch, it's a survival game. By adding this weight system, we could limit all players in what they can carry so that KOS won't nearly be as much about gear acquisition.

I agree just a game consisting of only looting gear and death match is too limited, and will be boring very quickly.

As many popular dayz videos have demonstrated, it is the social interaction that makes the game shine.

Logistical challenges will encourage cooperation and interaction.

Exactly what i'm trying to say... People will still being able to play "agressively", but they will need team co-op to coordenate their stuff.... And, of course, it could be implemented only on Hardcore/1st person Servers, where it should be more "realistic". 

The primary focus of the game is on survival aspect, and weight management is fundamental to it too.

• Like 1

Just give me few rags, ammo and something to open canned food and I'm good. I'm a very simple person ;)

Can't wait to see people who overstock their inventories with weight system in.

• Like 2