NSDWretch

Classifying Bandits

I really hate running into bandits but, they all seem to take a different approach to kill you.

How would a veteran of the game classify and handle bandits?

• Like 1

Go behind a tree take up whatever gun you got and kill them all... Well if you got no other choice. First thing you want to do is get cover and shoot them. The rest you need figure out depending on how the situation looks like... How things look around you.. So its really hard to tell.. I mostly do not get my self cought and usually sneak up on them instead and get the first shot on them.. Thats all I can say as I am indeed a player killer...

To classify a bandit i assume you mean player that does not mind killing other players..? Well if they got their gun out at all times, try follow them for while see what they are doing.. if they are on high ground looking into towns or other loot grounds looking for players they are probably hostile..If they got their gun out but are going into alot of diffrent buildings for food etc there is a chance they just got their gun out for safety but is still decent people.. they just want their loot but want to be able to defend themself.

Edited by Lindecrantz1
  • Like 1

A veteran of this game should handle bandits in the same way that any player should handle them.

QJx6jro.gif

• Like 8

A veteran of this game should handle bandits in the same way that any player should handle them.

QJx6jro.gif

Beans for you because I actually LOL'd. What is this from or is it just photoshopped?

What is this from or is it just photoshopped?

CN25g69.jpg?1

• Like 5

CN25g69.jpg?1

ARG! I can't believe I asked this in a public form. SHAME ON ME! They are going to take my trekkie badge off of me. Shhhhhhhhh don't mention this to anyone. Nothing to see here! 

Edited by CANUCKinNZ
  • Like 2

Go behind a tree take up whatever gun you got and kill them all... Well if you got no other choice. First thing you want to do is get cover and shoot them. The rest you need figure out depending on how the situation looks like... How things look around you.. So its really hard to tell.. I mostly do not get my self cought and usually sneak up on them instead and get the first shot on them.. Thats all I can say as I am indeed a player killer...

To classify a bandit i assume you mean player that does not mind killing other players..? Well if they got their gun out at all times, try follow them for while see what they are doing.. if they are on high ground looking into towns or other loot grounds looking for players they are probably hostile..If they got their gun out but are going into alot of diffrent buildings for food etc there is a chance they just got their gun out for safety but is still decent people.. they just want their loot but want to be able to defend themself.

Well to be fair a bandit and a KOSer are two different things, a bandit will rob you, new bandits will kill you but proper bandits just rob you - now i'm not a bandit but yesterday i tied to help a freshspawn in Novo who tried to attack me as soon as i put my weapon down, so i broke his legs, bandaged him up and left him crawling around.

but yeah if you seem someone near a high pop area hiding in a building, on a hill etc, class them as a killer and take 'em out!

I really hate running into bandits but, they all seem to take a different approach to kill you.

Given the chance i wouldn't kill them, but rather knock them out or handcuff them, but either option break their legs, take anything that could be used as a weapon and leave them there - or the old tried and tested way - handcuffed and force feed them worms!

Or stand them up against a wall and execute them with style

Cobaas

• Like 1

Well to be fair a bandit and a KOSer are two different things, a bandit will rob you, new bandits will kill you but proper bandits just rob you - now i'm not a bandit but yesterday i tied to help a freshspawn in Novo who tried to attack me as soon as i put my weapon down, so i broke his legs, bandaged him up and left him crawling around.

but yeah if you seem someone near a high pop area hiding in a building, on a hill etc, class them as a killer and take 'em out!

Given the chance i wouldn't kill them, but rather knock them out or handcuff them, but either option break their legs, take anything that could be used as a weapon and leave them there - or the old tried and tested way - handcuffed and force feed them worms!

Cobaas

Haha thats funny because thats exactly same thing I do to low geared people that try knock me out, just give them one of the most harsh punishment ever and that is making them crawl till they find way to die! ;)

• Like 1

Cobaas

I like this kinda RP banditry. It would be my pleasure to be robbed by someone like you that at least tries to make it a memorable experience.

I think .... maybe I may have a chance to tell a few jokes, or persuade you to leave me with a melee weapon, or anything, just try to negotiate something.

You are the kinda guy I like to see in games!

I have seen streams where the person being bandited, the banditee if you will, is having more fun being tortured than the bandit, and that is fun to watch.

• Like 2

I like this kinda RP banditry. It would be my pleasure to be robbed by someone like you that at least tries to make it a memorable experience.

I think .... maybe I may have a chance to tell a few jokes, or persuade you to leave me with a melee weapon, or anything, just try to negotiate something.

You are the kinda guy I like to see in games!

I have seen streams where the person being bandited, the banditee if you will, is having more fun being tortured than the bandit, and that is fun to watch.

Glad to hear :D

Every experience in DayZ should be memorable imo, unfortunately though they tend to not be when you're being shot at by an unknown assailant!

I've try my best not to kill, because all that will happen is they will respawn and run back to the body - just a wast of time for them really!

And as a man with great facial hair once said 'Treat others how you would like to be treated'

But saying that, holding someone up is so tense, heart in your throat at times, way more fun that just Shoot on sight!

If you ever get held up ask if its me haha! Never know could be!

The hard part of I.D.ing a bandit in SA, is you can't. Say you see two guys on the road, one just hosed the other with a 1911, thats a bandit, right, wrong, what you didn't see was the guy that had got hosed took a pot shot with a chamber sporter, this guy was actually defending himself. Even say you fight a guy on sniper hill in electro, 91/30 and a LRS, he's there to kill players, right, maybe, he could be providing over watch for a friend in town. I mention these things because both times, I was the one that got killed and called a bandit for defending myself, and watching a friends back. Unless you actively see some one just going around, shooting every player in site, its damn never imposable to know who is a bandit.

So, the way I play now is to avoid anyone that is a member of my squad, not because I can't handle myself in a fight, because I'm tired of getting labeled something I'm not.

Creeper

• Like 2

The hard part of I.D.ing a bandit in SA, is you can't. Say you see two guys on the road, one just hosed the other with a 1911, thats a bandit, right, wrong, what you didn't see was the guy that had got hosed took a pot shot with a chamber sporter, this guy was actually defending himself. Even say you fight a guy on sniper hill in electro, 91/30 and a LRS, he's there to kill players, right, maybe, he could be providing over watch for a friend in town. I mention these things because both times, I was the one that got killed and called a bandit for defending myself, and watching a friends back. Unless you actively see some one just going around, shooting every player in site, its damn never imposable to know who is a bandit.

So, the way I play now is to avoid anyone that is a member of my squad, not because I can't handle myself in a fight, because I'm tired of getting labeled something I'm not.

Creeper

Very true, its all about perception of the situation really, all I can say is i've been in those exact same situations and got called all manner of things for it - mainly for protecting freshies or overwatching an area, all we can do though is take it like the guys who are trying to move up and kill us are probably the same guys that would KOS given the chance - sometimes not always but again, all about perception - I like to hold up those guys to try and figure out the situation :D other players not so much unfortunately and shoot for the pretty shovel on your back

Thanks to you guys i feel can look at the game differently.

Next time i run into a hostile could be an interesting experience.

Edited by NSDWretch
  • Like 1

Thanks to you guys i feel can look at the game differently.

Next time i run into a hostile could be an interesting experience.

Possible hostile, you mean :P , In DayZ things are rarely as they seem, case and point, when I first started back in mod, I had a bandit skin for the first few months because I was forced to defend myself so much,at the end, before the public hive wipe, I had 98k humanity, after, got it back up to 48k.

Possible hostile, you mean :P , In DayZ things are rarely as they seem, case and point, when I first started back in mod, I had a bandit skin for the first few months because I was forced to defend myself so much,at the end, before the public hive wipe, I had 98k humanity, after, got it back up to 48k.

I miss the humanity system. At least it gives you a bit of an endgame or more of a goal then just gear up, kill, die, respawn. I know people will say it's not real and immersion breaking but at least we would see more bragging that someone has 98k humanity....or minus 98K and people might rethink taking a shot without talking first.

It would be cool to even have an option to see what someones humanity is. Either by checking it when they're dead or having the ability to see it if you are close enough to a person. Not like a giant symbol over their head but maybe a badge on their pack or something. Or maybe beside their name when you hit P. It might make people feel a bit more guilty if they kill someone with a hero level. Or feel good that they killed someone with minus humanity.   

• Like 2

QJx6jro.gif

Pretty much this. 

If he is a bandit, and he senses that he's got the drop on you and all he wants is your stuff, I say play along. You might end up naked and alone, but at least you have a good story to tell, and they can walk away without needless violence

If said bandito just hosed the window he thought you were at with his drum clip, chances are this story will be really short. Check your mags, put your adult diapers on, and get ready to tear it up. There isn't much you can do. The chances that you will be able to talk him out of trying to kill you are about as likely that his ammunition box isn't full of ammunition.

Edited by CornProducts
  • Like 1

Handling bandits hmmm. 

Depends on the bandit, if its a REAL bandit (tries to capture and torture me) I go with them, give my location to a couple buddies of mine, and pray they get to me before the bandits go to work :) During this situations, I also hope we manage to capture a few of them, and learn the mentality of these people.

If it's a filthy KOS ass who tries to shoot my from a distance, I sneak around them, get behind, and as I whisper odd sexual references, I cuff em, and torture them :)

I especially love when I successfully capture one, and make them beg (some kids place WAAAY to much value in gear).

All in all, bandits are apart of the game, and they are sooo much fun to screw with :D

• Like 2

Handling bandits hmmm. 

Depends on the bandit, if its a REAL bandit (tries to capture and torture me) I go with them, give my location to a couple buddies of mine, and pray they get to me before the bandits go to work :) During this situations, I also hope we manage to capture a few of them, and learn the mentality of these people.

If it's a filthy KOS ass who tries to shoot my from a distance, I sneak around them, get behind, and as I whisper odd sexual references, I cuff em, and torture them :)

I especially love when I successfully capture one, and make them beg (some kids place WAAAY to much value in gear).

All in all, bandits are apart of the game, and they are sooo much fun to screw with :D

haha do you really whisper odd sexual references at them?? have to try that one! 

haha do you really whisper odd sexual references at them?? have to try that one! 

Omg, its fun. The KodKiddies normally are the best, they get all weird and freaky. Sadly, the more experienced older bandits just kinda laugh.

• Like 1

Omg, its fun. The KodKiddies normally are the best, they get all weird and freaky. Sadly, the more experienced older bandits just kinda laugh.

cant wait to try it out!

There are basically three types of bandit:

1. The ones who want your stuff (or meat).
  2. The ones who enjoy the thrill of the hunt.
  3. The ones that like to mess with other players.

Handling is the same for all of them:

• Always be alert and aware of your surroundings.
  • Do not get too trusting when dealing with strangers.
  • Bring backup if possible.
  • If attacked kill the attacker.
  • No second thoughts. Hostile is hostile - do not try to make friends in the middle of a firefight.
  • Do not get attached to your gear.
  • Like 3

• No second thoughts. Hostile is hostile - do not try to make friends in the middle of a firefight.

This is actually what i was hoping to get as an answer but i didn't know the difference between a bandit and a person that just K.O.S

KoSers and Bandits are not the same. A grumpy and paranoid lone wolf might also end up killing eveyone on sight while a bandit might appear friendly at first or hold people at gunpoint demanding them to do certain things.

The main difference is that bandits actively go after players in a hostile way. Compare a tiger (bandit) and a rhino (KoSer).

• Like 1

This is the best advice for any new player. Gear is REALLY easy to acquire. Always try to get used to the Residential weapons, too. Try them out and see what one you prefer. Because you're way more likely to run across a Blaze or Repeater than an M4 or an AKM.

This is the best advice for any new player. Gear is REALLY easy to acquire. Always try to get used to the Residential weapons, too. Try them out and see what one you prefer. Because you're way more likely to run across a Blaze or Repeater than an M4 or an AKM.

Gear is easy, but I do hate when I get decked out in a green hoodie and matching cargo, matching backpack, matching hat, green willies.... or full pristine medic, red drybag, etc.

I hate having to get groomed up again, and I hate to die without people seeing how damn good I look first. That's one reason to hate KOS... I wanted to walk the catwalk thru Berezino, and of course sniper and pet Bambi working together to pit me before I got to the edge of town >:(