Sign in to follow this  
jukaga

General graphic improvments

Is it just me or did the latest patch improve FPS for everyone? I haven't really tested it but it seems like everything is running noticeably smoother than before. Also, the lighting and weather effects seem to have gotten a big boost. I was playing near dusk in game with some bad weather and the light quality and fog looked very, well, real for lack of a better word. You know that neat light you sometimes get on a bright day near dusk? It looked exactly like that in game. The shadows are still pretty glitchy (does anyone else get that problem? Shadows appear normally, you move your head and suddenly they are gone? Really jarring), but unless I'm imagining things it's nice to see the graphical progress being done.

Inb4 "this patch ruined my fps"  :D

I have noticed an improvement, someone.  The new cities, such as Novodmitrovsk is still and fps killer.  It's as tho they have to individually fine tune each city but I now get at least 30 fps in cities like Electro and Cherno.  This is running with AA on(normal), AToC all trees and grass, SMAA normal, Ambient occlusion on Post Processing high, and everything else on high to very high.

The latest one has certainly not improved it for me, if anything the opposite. There was an improvement when the rendering engine was tweaked a few released back, but that was maybe 47/48? not sure, could have been earlier)/

i dont feel .51 improved my fps either.. depends from server to server though

Maybe I just lucked out with some smooth servers.

Maybe I just lucked out with some smooth servers.

I've heard this helps but I've noticed zero difference on a server with 20 ping compared to a server with 200 ping

Empty servers definitely make a difference, as I supposed you'd expect them too. I was benchmarking my gfx settings in one when it had 2 or 3 people (just the time of day) and when I came back later there were 30 people on it and I'd lost quite a bit of FPS.

I will eat my hat the day I see my fps improve at all, if ever

I hope its made of something tasty..

Alls I dois think back to Arma3 performance in the early days, man that was 10x worse than SA.....but now its great. If they achieve similar results in the months leading up to release it will be awesome :D

I run everything GPU dependent on very low or off and everything that's CPU dependent on very high. I'm getting about 60/70 FPS in the woods and around 40/50 FPS in the cities. I don't know if it's because of the patch or just my overall settings but it looks really good and makes the game very playable now! 

I have a few frames less in Berezino. Probably in other cities as well.