sokol22

Why is tank for gasoline is large?

Dev you need to reduce tank for fuel is very large 35 slots 15 is fine.

Plz reduce tank.

Or add in game other tanks but they need be smaller 10 or 15 L(slots 10 or 15)

Write if you agree whit me

Edited by Bucoooooo

I write and I don't agree with you.
However, I do admire the motivations why it should be smaller which you state in your post... Very convincing 

• Like 2

Considering its actual size IRL, I think its fine.  If smaller containers for fuel get implemented then I could see reduced inventory size but thats a whole other suggestion completely.

• Like 6

There should be an ability to attach rope to it and wear it as a backpack in place of an actual carrier pack, also smaller containers for fuel would be nice.

If it were up to me you wouldn't be able to run more than say 25 meters or so while carrying a full one Then you'd be restricted to walking speed.

Be thankful the devs are more generous. :D

• Like 5

Plz reduce tank.

I don't get it why some people (and obiously you too) have a problem with the size?

Those standard jerry cans (20L) have a size of 467mm x 166mm x 346mm, good luck fitting those easily into your backpack. THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!

IRL a jerry can would easily fit in a mountain back pack or even a drybag if you look at the size of the models heck an m4 should fit in a mountain/dry-bag backpack realistically. But with jerrycans I think they should be skinnier in inventory slots but only once the stamina system is implemented properly, so you would have to move slow with all that fuel on your back for balance reasons but faster then walking with a jerry in hand, and allowing a one hand grip on your weapon still at the cost of accuracy while holding a jerry in off-hand, at the moment it makes me laugh sprinting though the woods holding a jerry in one hand like its a can of beans... Also would be nice if you get shot and if the jerry is hit it renders it useless (as would be a hole in it, no Hollywood explosion please) but repairable with duct tape and chewing gum (or alternate repair method) :D also smaller jerrycan,s like the blown plastic type, would be nice.

I would like to be able to fill the truck at the gas station like any gastation in real life.
Without the can and just use the gas wires that are usually on the gasholders...

Edited by Lindecrantz1
  • Like 1

I don't get it why some people (and obiously you too) have a problem with the size?

Those standard jerry cans (20L) have a size of 467mm x 166mm x 346mm, good luck fitting those easily into your backpack. THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!

Man i only give suggestion  :)  and you need think befor post  ;)

I would like to be able to fill the truck at the gas station like any gastation in real life.

Without the can and just use the gas wires that are usually on the gasholders...

Is alpha man but I agree with you

Man i only give suggestion  :)  and you need think befor post  ;)

But this thing is huge  :o  :o  :o  ;)

That's pumped fuel....ne electricity....no pumps...time to do it the old fashioned way lol

Im sure we will see fuel containers in other sizes. The mod had that little 5L one, great for bikes and atvs that don't require much fuel. These big jerrys would never go inside your pack.....maybe you could just about get it in, but there would be next to no room to pack other gear as it would stretch your bag around it. When I did my survival training they were always carried by hand, they could have been strapped to the back of our packs but when we tried it it was nearly impossible to stand up with the pack :)

You can see how big it is, it won't fit. About 0.468 x 0.345 m x 0.165 m.

Can weighs 4.3 kg (9.5 lb), 20 L diesel fuel weighs 16.7 kg (37 lb), 120 L diesel fuel (IRL tank capacity) weighs 100.2 kg (220 lb).

It should be inconvenient.

Plz reduce tank.

I don't agree with you about reducing the number of slots on the jerry can. It should be a bid sacrifice dragging a jerry can around. Inventory space must suffer big time.

Though i do agree they could add smaller tanks, but they would of course carry less fuel.

But this should not be a big issue anyway in the future. I guess they will add function to refuel our vehicles directly from the gas station. If we can use a gas pump to fill up our jerry cans, there is only logical that you could use the same gas pump to fill up our vehicles.

Also i expect the inventory space in a big truck like the VS3 can carry a jerry can.. That goes for smaller vehicles like cars as well. So when that is in place there will be no need to carry around a jerry can in you backpack.

Well, it would not be unrealistic for the dev team to have smaller cans as well as the current jerry can. Smaller cans would be found in small industrial areas while the jerry cans would be found in military locations, the two airstrips, and at the larger dock areas.

I would think that even the smaller gasoline cans would be around 4x4 slots though.

Well, it would not be unrealistic for the dev team to have smaller cans as well as the current jerry can. Smaller cans would be found in small industrial areas while the jerry cans would be found in military locations, the two airstrips, and at the larger dock areas.

I would think that even the smaller gasoline cans would be around 4x4 slots though.

Uh no.  You'd be lucky to fit 2 5L jerry cans or gas cans, whatever you want to call them into a mountaineer pack .  A 5L Gas Can dimensions are 8.8" x 6.5" x 10".

Edited by Caboose187

Uh no.  You'd be lucky to fit 2 5L jerry cans or gas cans, whatever you want to call them into a mountaineer pack .  A 5L Gas Can dimensions are 8.8" x 6.5" x 10".

Yeah, ah no. Jerry cans in DayZ are 20L. Per the DayZ wiki, the tank capacity of the V3S is 160L and takes 8 jerry cans to fill...therefore, the jerry can IS 20L (assuming the DayZ wiki is correct, and it probably is).

Jerry cans were traditionally used by the military and had a volume of 20L and measured around 18.25" H x 13.5" W x 6.5" D (but you are in the ball park for the size of a 5L fuel can though).

Considering the size that the mountain backpack represents, perhaps they could cut the current Jerry can from 5x7 to to 4x6, but I would not cut it down any more than that.

As for smaller cans of 5L, they certainly would exist for getting fuel for lawn mowers, chain saws, etc and would be just less than one quarter the size of the current jerry can...so maybe 3x3 or 3x4 would work (instead of the 4x4 I commented above)

Edited by RedDogMT