Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Wheres the watch?

Js been playing again for first time in a while and I was thinking too myself. We have all the basic survival stuff in now, knifes, canteens, compasses, maps, binoculars......wheres the watch at though, running my way between two towns in the dark and id love to know what server time is right now lol

• Like 2

Well, it actually makes sense to me seeing as we have batteries, rangefinders and flashlights in working condition. A watch or two should have survived as well =) Would love to have a wristwatch!

• Like 2

We should be able to craft sundials with the all mighty stick and something else sensible! They should only work when placed on the ground, like a fireplace.

• Like 1

Hmmmm 24/7 day time and you need a watch.......

Meh, I agree, I miss the watch but at this point it'd be pretty useless

• Like 1

Well, when considering immersion it would make sense to me =) There are plenty of other useless items as well, as there should be.

• Like 1

Js been playing again for first time in a while and I was thinking too myself. We have all the basic survival stuff in now, knifes, canteens, compasses, maps, binoculars......wheres the watch at though, running my way between two towns in the dark and id love to know what server time is right now lol

qft.

Hmmmm 24/7 day time and you need a watch.......

Meh, I agree, I miss the watch but at this point it'd be pretty useless

Yep...

Server restarted.....middle of day....boooo, still would be nice even for immersion, and knowing when its going to go dark  :)

Yep...

Server restarted.....middle of day....boooo, still would be nice even for immersion, and knowing when its going to go dark  :)

Oh I agree.  Too bad there's no servers, at least 1st person ones, that even go into night time before they restart 2 hours later  <_<

I agree just out of completeness the watch should make a return. I'd like it to have maybe a little more functionality though, rather than just telling the time. Whether that is some sort of Bond-esque watch/laser/garotte combo or just a plain old pedometer (which I think would be quite nice actually) I don't know.

After all we all know how to gauge the time during the day (even when it's overcast you can get a rough approximation) and with the amount that some servers reboot, it's difficult to find a night server where time would be a useful metric.

I notice that some town clocks chime which is obviously a nice touch (I could have swore I heard it) although how long can these things last before needing wound?

• Like 1

I notice that some town clocks chime which is obviously a nice touch (I could have swore I heard it) although how long can these things last before needing wound?

I always take a trip to Cherno to wind that one.  ;)

Oh I agree.  Too bad there's no servers, at least 1st person ones, that even go into night time before they restart 2 hours later  <_<

It'll probably be out of your ping range, but there is a server labelled MIA that regularly goes into night time. It's in the server browser but I can't find a website for it.

It'll probably be out of your ping range, but there is a server labelled MIA that regularly goes into night time. It's in the server browser but I can't find a website for it.

Can't find a server labeled MIA

Can't find a server labeled MIA

lastMPServer="185.62.204.198:2402";

lastMPServerName="SilentRoma^s world (private shard, persistence off)";

I been playing on that one earlier tonight, not hell of a lot of players, but my ping was excellent...32(from UK)...saw a guy with 12! 1pp only aswell ;)

lastMPServer="185.62.204.198:2402";

lastMPServerName="SilentRoma^s world (private shard, persistence off)";

I been playing on that one earlier tonight, not hell of a lot of players, but my ping was excellent...32(from UK)...saw a guy with 12! 1pp only aswell ;)

Put the IP in, it's a 1st/3rd and my ping is about 150, from Canada.  Not too shabby tho.

watch useful for direction finding, ask boyscouts

• Like 3

watch useful for direction finding, ask boyscouts

Yep, makeshift compass.

That and watches or NVGs were collections I made from people in the mod.

The eislecker survivor team server has been up for quite some months. They.have real time ( western european time, utc+1) But you might have a high ping there, since the server is located in luxemburg and you're canadian.

But it is first person only, with real time:  ip 217.23.8.102  Port: 2602