Sign in to follow this  
trimpampano

PSA: Turn up your Input Volume to make yourself louder in game

I was playing around with the settings in this game and found out that how loud you are in game is controlled by your input volume. When you crank it to the max people will hear you as loud as possible.

How to increase your input volume: Configure>Audio>Crankthe Slider to the Max

f9da8786ee051e9ab3c52074a8751db1.png

Edited by TrimPampano
  • Like 5

Yes, yes, yes and finally yes.

Also don't forget to adjust your volume from within Windows. It depends on the version you are using but if you are unsure this is how to do it in Win 7.

Right click the speaker icon to the bottom right of your screen and select [Recording Devices]. Then, in the dialog that is shown right click over the recording device that is active (it'll have a green tick next to it) and in the menu that is shown select [Properties]. In that dialog, select the [Levels] tab.

It should look something like this...

hLx2Uvd.jpg

What if you're action/movement noise is raised as well.  People could hearing you drinking notacola in Novy from Stary @_@

No thanks Jeff

What if you're action/movement noise is raised as well.  People could hearing you drinking notacola in Novy from Stary @_@

No thanks Jeff

All i can say is no wonder you got shot in vybor drinking soft drink with comments like these....

• Like 1

But how does this work? If i turn it to the max, and talk to someone from 1 meter away, will their ears start to bleed? Or does it simply match the real life voice volume/distance when maxed?

Edited by Greaves

But how does this work? If i turn it to the max, and talk to someone from 1 meter away, will their ears start to bleed? Or does it simply match the real life voice volume/distance when maxed?

When you talk into the Auto Detect above the slider loudly, it will set your input volume low. When you talk softly into the auto detect it is cranked to the max. I can only assume the higher the slider is the louder you are.