Sign in to follow this  
Magaz97

Random crying noises

On stable server, I keep hearing a random crying noise (from my character?). It is the same noise each time and I have heard it about 5 times every 4 or 5 minutes or so. I cant see anything in my status. I am not hungry, thirsty etc....... any ideas what this crying is or what it represents?

oh..... I was worried that may be it...but I have only been eating canned goods.....honest! 

• Like 3

There could be someone with a broken leg rolling around. This is what happened to me once - the noises were nonsensical due to how far away they were and the direction but I did end up finding them ... on a roof after having broken their leg. I patched them up and moved on.

If you're somewhere high it could be random sounds broadcasting from somewhere else entirely (where someone is crying on their mic or has a broken leg).

Or maybe there's some survivor crouching under some tree crying like a little beeyotch in fear of you?

Is it possible to turn a walkie talkie on and leave it somewhere and make wierd noises on the same channel from another walkie talkie?

OH - also try splinting yourself.

You can also just commit suicide and put your toon out of it's misery. Remove all of your gear first and stash it somewhere so you can get it back. Maybe you can eat your corpse when you get back. Ewww.

Edited by Death By Crowbar

GET BACK, HE IS CRAZY, EVERYONE GET OUT OR WE WILL BE EATEN NEXT!!!!

AKA, you most likely may have been dining on some, ehh, less then desirable bambis... 

I thought I was getting trolled at first, so I moved to another location...same noises. It does sound like it is coming from my character rather than someone else, but I am not 100% sure if this is the case.... I was in the fields near to NW Airfields when I first heard the noises. 

It is quite a long cry, like an anguished noise rather than a pain noise... if that makes sense?

I have not eaten any meat..just tinned stuff and water out of my canteen...nothing er...unsavory, if you know what I mean?

Edited by Magaz97

Same here.  I have not eaten any other player(yet), and my character is doing the same thing.  Definitely makes for interesting gameplay.

Maybe its the same sound bug that plays can opening sounds when someone on the map is opening a can just with brain disease?

Alright look, you are somewhat implying you ate human flesh by saying "you know what I mean" etc stop trolling if you are.

Did you eat human flesh or not? If you didn't then go and report this bug on feedback.dayzgame.com

It's probably a bug. Try switching servers.

Edited by Yazar8

He ain't going crazy I was getting this last night too.. 3 or 4 times over the course of 20 minutes. It is a really emotional cry rather than a cry of physical pain. It is very clear and sounds like it is coming from my character but with no animation whatsoever. I literally shat a brick the first and second time, then it just got weird. Luckily I was sat with a friend so I didn't start crying myself. /boss

• Like 1

I cant wait to roam the land all dressed with skirt/clownmask/axe laughing/crying and asking freshys if they Need anything :D

• Like 1

If you hear crying/laughing noises from other characters, stay still and broadcast your position until they acknowledge it and come to you. Those are in-game features that help you recognizing the most helpful and trustworthy players in Chernarus. Remember: if they laugh or cry, they're humanitarians and you can trust them at once!

I'm sure it's just the sound bug from some one else like all the other sound bugs in this game.

I really wish they'd crack down on that bug, and sounds in general, and do a patch dedicated just to that.  I don't like to complain about development since it's still fairly early, but a year in and they can't solve the global sound glitches is a bit ridiculous at this point.  Stuff like gun shots not being heard by people right next to you etc too, which is especially detrimental to gameplay.

As for prion disease, I think it's pretty stupid personally.  I don't really care for my character showing emotions on his own, since he's meant to be an extension of myself and I should have full control over that sort of thing.  I understand that there's a real life precedence in this case, that prion disease is a thing and it causes crying/laughter, but it's also an extremely rare thing that to my understanding is primarily acquired through eating actual human brains or large quantities of flesh rather than some periodic canabalism, and also in a very particular part of the globe.  There's way more examples in history of people eating each other either out of necessity or not, where they don't have little emotional bouts all the time afterwards.

Edited by Bororm

Luckily I was sat with a friend so I didn't start crying myself. /boss

That sounds cute. :lol: