Sign in to follow this  
flex

sighting in the scope of the aug looks odd

sighting in the scope of the AUG looks really odd. i would really like to see that changed

http://imgur.com/a/PheQx

http://imgur.com/a/shcMo (both not mine)

i hadn't have the chance to try it myself ingame yet but i saw enough screenshots to be able to say that it is just not right. the look of it destroys a lot of atmosphere for me.

the scope of the AUG is neither working nor used like an aimpoint or reddot. during my military service i learned that you actually have to be pretty close (and you eye centered) to the scope. otherwise you wouldn't even see through it properly (scope shadow).

so in reality you would never be able to see the scopemount as you do in DayZ. Recreating the "real" look is probably not possilble in a game but i'd like it more if it was similar to the acog.

wondering what you guys think about it

Edited by flexAUT

I understand what you mean, but would consider this as a minor bug, which will hopefully be fixed in next release...

It is not zoomed in. That's the only difference I can find in comparison to other scopes.

Most likely a bug / misconfigured. Expect it to change.

Scope itself looks fine IMO. As Kichi said it definitely looks odd that it's not zoomed -- That bulky piece underneath, that the scope itself is attached to is an eyesore.

It is not zoomed in. That's the only difference I can find in comparison to other scopes.

Most likely a bug / misconfigured. Expect it to change.

Also the camera is positioned way behind the scope (so it resembles more of a collimator)

Also the camera is positioned way behind the scope (so it resembles more of a collimator)

Same thing as what I said, really. Not zoomed in == Camera appears to be far off.

I understand what you mean, but would consider this as a minor bug, which will hopefully be fixed in next release...

i agree, sure its no big deal.

but im austrian so the aug is important to me ;)

Same thing as what I said, really. Not zoomed in == Camera appears to be far off.

Not really, zooming and moving camera are two different things :) But it doesn't matter i suppose.

Not really, zooming and moving camera are two different things

Generally yes, but not in this case. It will be "normal" as soon as it's zoomed.

Eye point could be moved closer.

I find in general the eye to gun/hand distance is / or appears too far.

Perhaps that's why also consuming animations look odd, I would expect the bottle top to land just below my view when drinking out of it. The same with sticking food (where is it?) in my mouth.

The current view gives me the impression the 'lens' isn't a wide view enough, and placed to far back into the head to compensate.

With a wider angle lens there is a bigger difference between close and far objects.

With a narrow lens the difference between far and close objects appears less. (You can see it with a zoom lens camera).

I believe this was chosen to make long distance viewing in game easier, with distant object look a bit bigger.

I think having a wider standard lens, and a narrower when concentrating (right mouse button).

Edited by Troll_Hunter