Sign in to follow this  
Bonappetit

How to properly stash items

I have an extra Mosin, ammo and some useful items that I would like to stash, incase I die it would come in handy to have some extra gear hidden somewhere. I've never did something like that, could use an advice. 

Now onto questions:

1. I would assume weapons could degrade after some time under weather influence so does weather actually affects them and does trees protect from rain

2. Do drybags stand to its name in this game :)

3. What would be my best bet: woods, house/shed etc. (in the middle of nowhere and well hidden ofcourse)

4. For how long the gear could be there before it disappears and what cause such a thing apart from new patch hitting stable

I can't think of anything else to ask so if you have some extra tip it would really help :)

Edited by Miracool

Well weapons don't degrade on their own as of yet so any weapon you hide well enough will be pristine until the server wipes it for whatever reason.  Gear should survive though indefinitely on a persistant server barring either wipes, bugs, or theft.

Drybags do keep your stuff dry (though, it doesn't matter unless its clothing)

Woods would be the best bet, so long as you don't pick obvious places.  Edges and corners of the map are out, as is anything near any high-traffic areas. 

But anyway, as far as stashing gear goes, best bet is to get a hunting bag (best camo bag) and use that as a makeshift tent.  Leave it in a bush away from the road (so no one running with their inventory open could happen upon it) and it'll stay safe just about anywhere.  Actual tents are too large and too obvious to be useful unless you have a TON of items to store.

• Like 1

Alright, thanks for the quick answers. You got a good point with hunting bags, I should definitely go with that and place it in the woods somewhere then. I'll wait for wednesday incase 0.51 comes to stable.

The only problem I've had is that you can NOT carry an additional bag in your hands, as I have one on my back already. But ya, stick the back pack in a bush  or in the tree line outside the town you are working over. It helps to ease tensions if you don't have anything of value to steal. 

I've tried leaving items out for up to 3 hours (or close to) on a persis. server and it was Okay.

• Like 1

I have an extra Mosin, ammo and some useful items that I would like to stash, incase I die it would come in handy to have some extra gear hidden somewhere. I've never did something like that, could use an advice. 

Now onto questions:

1. I would assume weapons could degrade after some time under weather influence so does weather actually affects them and does trees protect from rain

2. Do drybags stand to its name in this game :)

3. What would be my best bet: woods, house/shed etc. (in the middle of nowhere and well hidden ofcourse)

4. For how long the gear could be there before it disappears and what cause such a thing apart from new patch hitting stable

I can't think of anything else to ask so if you have some extra tip it would really help :)

1. Weapons currently do not degrade by just sitting there on their own.

2. Dry bags in game are unable to get wet whatsoever.

3. Best bet would be the woods. Maybe about 600 meters inland, north west of the lumber mill. (place with the tower and jail NW of berizino, and its south of the crashed ship on the east coast). Place an item there in a bush, screenshot it (F12) and when you want to collect the gear, just review the screenshot.

4. Tents are weekly cleared every Wednesday, So what you could do is go on the (persistent server) that you plan on stashing your items, and on a Tuesday, place down an item that you would risk losing, then on the following Thursday go back and see if the item is still there. If it is, then you know that whatever you stash, (Mosin, Drybag with materials, etc.) will be there indefinitely till another player finds it, or a bug gets rid of it (bugs like this aren't that common).

I hope I was able to help you in anyway, if there is something that you are a bit confused about, or need any other tips, (quote) this post, and tell me your question so I can answer it ASAP.

• Like 1

Weapons stay on the floor and don't degrade.

All backpacks stay and they keep all items inside them, even clothing.

Protector cases stay on the floor with all items inside.

It will get wiped every wednesday.

Put it anywhere you want, people ard blind. A building or near a tree can work. Just make it somewhere memorisable.

• Like 1

Didn't want to make a new thread so I'll just continue this one.

So this week I was grinding some gear and everything is still where I've placed it, gladly. I managed to fill two hunting bags and I still have a Mosin on the ground. Wednesday will be here soon so I wonder do I need to equip at least one of my bags and take a Mosin in my hands before Wednesday reset. What would definately get deleted ?

Didn't want to make a new thread so I'll just continue this one.

So this week I was grinding some gear and everything is still where I've placed it, gladly. I managed to fill two hunting bags and I still have a Mosin on the ground. Wednesday will be here soon so I wonder do I need to equip at least one of my bags and take a Mosin in my hands before Wednesday reset. What would definately get deleted ?

Just to make for certain yes, like a few posts above says drop something you don't mind losing and see if it still there after the Wednesday update.  I suggest worms.

• Like 1

Just to make for certain yes, like a few posts above says drop something you don't mind losing and see if it still there after the Wednesday update.  I suggest worms.

I'll give it a try, thanks. I'll place a pistol and a shirt and see what happens.

Edited by Miracool

Unfortunately, the server I had gear was down for most of the day and when it showed up everything was gone, even my blackskull balaclava =(