Sign in to follow this  
ToySmokes

Night time

You all probably know that you can avoid the dark during night time in DayZ quite easily by just changing some setting. I don't know how. But there should be a way to prevent this. When it's dark you should have to stumble around in the dark if you don't have a light source. It's part of the game. If you just can skip the struggle of night time, there is no idea to even have it in the game.

What do you think guys think. Have any ideas for what to do about it?

• Like 1

Well, night time is a complete joke right now.  We don't even need flashlights or any source of light as it's so easy to see even on a cloudy night.  There is nothing we can do and I believe night time should just be removed as it puts legit players at a clear disadvantage.

• Like 1

but the pop' on servers when it is night in its current state is already low, people would just change servers surely? 

I personally like the light setting (without gamma hax) of a moonlit night with lots of stars and clear sky

but the pop' on servers when it is night in its current state is already low, people would just change servers surely? 

I personally like the light setting (without gamma hax) of a moonlit night with lots of stars and clear sky

Yes. I like the light settings to. But it's just that most of the folks uses gamma hax. And that's a shame so it would be nice if you could prevent people from doing that

Night time will be focused on further down the track after the new renderer is established and light sources actually obey objects properly.. I always thought it was kind of scary how BI released arma2 with a near non existent light obey objects situation, was so WTF.....

You all probably know that you can avoid the dark during night time in DayZ quite easily by just changing some setting. I don't know how. But there should be a way to prevent this. When it's dark you should have to stumble around in the dark if you don't have a light source. It's part of the game. If you just can skip the struggle of night time, there is no idea to even have it in the game.

What do you think guys think. Have any ideas for what to do about it?

There where a lot of discussions about this topic. Some ppl want to have the setting removed, others need it to even see in daylight (which I doubt). But I'm sure there are differences between the hardware used by players.

With a new LED screen, you can see almost perfectly at bright nights, but can't see anything in woods or houses. But with an old screen, you need to raise the gamma level a bit. That seems legit to me.

But why allows the gamma slider to almost double the value. In my opinion a raise or cut by 10% should be fair enough.

IMO the same also applies to Field of View, which right now behaves like an optional 3.5 scope. A reduction of the slider to 20% would make the game more equal for all of us. Fewer settings -> more fairness.

• Like 1

I dont think we will see anything happen in the near future.. night time wont be handled for a while I think.

Edited by liquidcactus

I cannot think of a way to prevent people to externally adjust their gamma and brightness levels.

The only thing I can see is to make the game not fun to cheaters. I like to think those people are not as smart as normal players, therefore making the game more towards a strategic intelligent play style may help to sway script kiddies from playing at all.

What Dayz can do however is offer a sort of in game test scene(s), with a black and white scale so legit players can adjust it to the levels the designers meant it to be played.

• Like 1