king_of_the_beans

I can't play any Bohemia games on my new compute

So now Arma II Arma III and esp DayZ is collecting dust in my library. I recently got this sweet gaming laptop, I used to play on another gaming laptop that was windows 7 from the same company (Republic of Gamers) and had absolutely no problem with functionally. It worked like a charm, I had no problems. Now that I have this windows 8 computer everything went to hell.

I can't hold my right mouse button and shoot with my left. This happens even in Garry's mod when I try to freeze props with a right click while holding it up in the air with my left mouse button. I temeroarly fixed the problem in Gmod by binding Right click to F. Works for now but bugs me alot. In Arma/DayZ this is almost impossible as every single button has a bind and there is no clear cut areas I can use to make up for this problem.

That is just the first. When I first started up DayZ I was on teamspeak and I couldn't click the alpher warning. Instead it clicked the keys on team speak its self. I had to close all of my other programs that were running before I can have any functionally with DayZ its self. I then logged on to a server and started playing on a 3rd person server. No problems so far, I noticed my character was more zoomed in then usual but that didn't bother me much. I then tried pressing the 3rd person button (num pad enter) and nothing happened. I was really frustrated as I wanted to take some scenic views with my new computer. I then tried pressing the action menu (The enter below backspace). Guess what? Nothing happened, when I walk up to doors that are closed, try to loot dead bodies, or pick up things when I am in a hurry. I can't do crap.

There was also a problem with the inventory, when I would tab and get an item to the left of my hud. I can't remember what the problem was but it caused me to get killed after 3 bandits who couldn't aim for their life died with my mighty pickaxe and I had problems with looting and have basic functionally with my inventory at all.

Thank god the things that do work are walking, vaulting, attacking, sprinting, and my mic button.

I had to leave a patient that was crawling through a town with broken legs to rot as I found some sticks and rags but couldn't do crap with them as everything wasn't working for me.

If anyone has some sort of fix or have dealt with any of the problems listed please help me out as I love most Bohemia games and I wish to continue playing them.

tldr;

Don't use gaming laptops casual.

yeah,nice attitude man!!

Regarding OP, your only chance is to create something in the bugtracker and keep in touch with it to see if something else is new

but it is weird, you are the first(that i know of, pheraps there are more) that i know with this Windows 8 problem, is your pc gaming laptop or casual??which Windows version of 8, is it the 8.1?

only bohemia games have this??

So now Arma II Arma III and esp DayZ is collecting dust in my library.

I use Windows 8 too, but do not have any problems with the gameplay so far. You mentioned the action menu under the Return key. I do not know if it is also bound to that one, but have you tried using the mouse wheel in DayZ? Also the interaction like opening doors or picking up items is on "f". I did not change the key bindings except for fast running. So they should be the same for you.

tldr;

Don't use gaming laptops casual.

Oh I remember the days I used to play EVE online on really low settings and my laptop would just give up from the heat (I live in the UK)

Now I have a year old PC that costs the same as my god awful laptop and mops the floor with it in every single way

This sounds more like an issue with your keybinds or your computer if it happens on other games as well - not an issue with Bohemia Games / more specifically DayZ.

Have you tried rebinding keys at all?

yeah,nice attitude man!!

Regarding OP, your only chance is to create something in the bugtracker and keep in touch with it to see if something else is new

but it is weird, you are the first(that i know of, pheraps there are more) that i know with this Windows 8 problem, is your pc gaming laptop or casual??which Windows version of 8, is it the 8.1?

only bohemia games have this??

This is a gaming laptop and can easily run DayZ, and Arma. It just can't play the god damn game.

I use Windows 8 too, but do not have any problems with the gameplay so far. You mentioned the action menu under the Return key. I do not know if it is also bound to that one, but have you tried using the mouse wheel in DayZ? Also the interaction like opening doors or picking up items is on "f". I did not change the key bindings except for fast running. So they should be the same for you.

I would normally assess the action menu with enter as pressing f can be really strange when dealing with different mags, and picking up items

This sounds more like an issue with your keybinds or your computer if it happens on other games as well - not an issue with Bohemia Games / more specifically DayZ.

Have you tried rebinding keys at all?

It is a problem possible with the computer its self. On every game I play I cannot hold my right mouse button (sights) while holding down my left mouse button (shooting). I have tried switching binds as I have mentioned in garrys mod but this is almost impossible in a game like DayZ as there is so many keys that do so many things I can't switch it with out having huge problems with gameplay.

It is a problem possible with the computer its self. On every game I play I cannot hold my right mouse button (sights) while holding down my left mouse button (shooting). I have tried switching binds as I have mentioned in garrys mod but this is almost impossible in a game like DayZ as there is so many keys that do so many things I can't switch it with out having huge problems with gameplay.

Sounds like maybe the mouse is wore out, or not working right.

Since it is a "gaming" laptop, check your programs for any game experience enhancing programs. Sounds like something is interfering with your controls.

Since it is a "gaming" laptop, check your programs for any game experience enhancing programs. Sounds like something is interfering with your controls.

do you have any examples of such programs

do you have any examples of such programs

AMDs raptr is one for example, but there are many other out there. I'd check for any autostart program.