Sign in to follow this  
Chamil

Can't we reset to 0.49 for a while?

It's quite sad at the moment with all that loot everywhere

If I ever need anything at all, I'd just enter one of those little sheds and I swear I could find all the loot necessary to survive for ever.

Sometimes, loot gets stuck and the only way for you to redeem it is by splitting it or using it and then canceling the action.

I don't want to be a racist here but I've put my character as a white male, instead I get spawned as a black female or latino female with pink stripes like come on, stop messing with me dayz

aside from the random limb breaking and extremely scaring random zombie/reload noises, it isn't that bad

I mean, all the loot in the whole game spawns except for rifles and magazines(or attachments)

Back in 0.49 I came back from school, went to my training, got back tired af, played dayz for an hour or two, enjoyed it, died, got mad, then went off.

Now I get back and I'm like

woot dayz
oh wait its 'that' dayz now nvm

hope the wednesday patch will bring something good

It's quite sad at the moment with all that loot everywhere

If I ever need anything at all, I'd just enter one of those little sheds and I swear I could find all the loot necessary to survive for ever.

Sometimes, loot gets stuck and the only way for you to redeem it is by splitting it or using it and then canceling the action.

I don't want to be a racist here but I've put my character as a white male, instead I get spawned as a black female or latino female with pink stripes like come on, stop messing with me dayz

aside from the random limb breaking and extremely scaring random zombie/reload noises, it isn't that bad

I mean, all the loot in the whole game spawns except for rifles and magazines(or attachments)

Back in 0.49 I came back from school, went to my training, got back tired af, played dayz for an hour or two, enjoyed it, died, got mad, then went off.

Now I get back and I'm like

woot dayz

oh wait its 'that' dayz now nvm

hope the wednesday patch will bring something good

What Wednesday patch, have you been let on to some secret i don't know. ?

Wednesday is for maintenance not for patches.

Edited by anotherdeadhero

Well you know what I mean right

It's not that there is too much loot - it's more the type of loot that's too abundant. Namely, that is food and guns and ammo.

I think there being lots of loot spawning is great, but it should mostly be everyday junk and tools: clothes, hammers, knives, duct tape, etc.

But anyway, balanced gameplay isn't the priority right now, so it doesn't really matter. If they put us back to 0.49, the game wouldn't make progress.

It's not that there is too much loot - it's more the type of loot that's too abundant. Namely, that is food and guns and ammo.

I think there being lots of loot spawning is great, but it should mostly be everyday junk and tools: clothes, hammers, knives, duct tape, etc.

But anyway, balanced gameplay isn't the priority right now, so it doesn't really matter. If they put us back to 0.49, the game wouldn't make progress.

Wait wut, guns food and ammo?

Are you serious now or you just trollin me

Its mostly junk and tools right now, not guns food drinks nor ammo, lol

Well you know what I mean right

Ah i was genuinely curious, thought there might have been an announcement about a patch or something.

I have not played the game in a while so i can't comment with certainty but i have seen the pictures and it just seems persistence is broken, loot was not spawning at all in experimental so they changed it for stable so that loot always spawns no matter what and this is why instead of no loot at all we have piles of loot. It just seems broken either way at the moment, my advise would be to find a server with persistence disabled to play on, once you have that server it will be exactly the same as 0.49 except you will have all the items from 0.50.

Wait wut, guns food and ammo?

Are you serious now or you just trollin me

Its mostly junk and tools right now, not guns food drinks nor ammo, lol

There's ton's of guns, food and ammo on persistence enabled servers. Way too much. Even if one area might have next to nothing, the next area has 15 SKSs, 4 pistols, and ammo everywhere. I know it might be a while, but I decided to give the game a nice long break until loot spawning is working a bit better because ATM you can be geared from a single building.

Edited by solodude23

enjoi it while it lasts...

if anyone remembers the "great war for the novo appletrees" from .48 on exp.....noone had guns, nor food, nor ammo....it was glorious....

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

My only complaint, I remember searching so hard for a hacksaw to saw off my shotgun and I loved when I actually found an axe. It kinda sucks that these two things are SO easy to find with the shacks.

I'm glad every building and little thing has loot now, but can we turn down the amount of it and turn back on the wells? I'll accept having to use water purification tablets for well/pond water just make it harder to survive again please.

Just so people have a better understanding of why the loot is currently spawning like it is I'll clarify a bit. Currently the loot spawns are split into regions having ~2km radius. Everytime an item is picked up in that area a new item spawns within 5 seconds in the same region. Currently there is no tech for distributing the loot evenly so it just finds any open loot spawn position and spawns it there. This ends up leading to massive amounts of loot piled up in some buildings with very minimal loot in others. They've said via Eugen they are working on proper loot spawning tech and this system seems like it will help cut down loot cycling quite a bit when implementation and tech is finished. As always though alpha and we'll just have to wait and see how it works out.

There's is no point going back to 0.49 as the game isn't going to stay in 0.50 forever... It's in development and not finished. If there's something that really bothers you, just go play something else and comeback to check if it still bothers you after a while.

You always have the option to opt in experimental as the loot spawns are great at the moment.

Anyway, we'll have other wipes, other patches, interruption of services and everything in between by the time the game is finished.

Almost everything in the game right now is a place holder or an unfinished feature, so there's really no point going backwards.

• Like 3

I don't know if it's my anal retentiveness or just psychotic behavior, but everytime I come across a shed or raised hunting cabin with piles of loot I feel the need to grab it all up and move it outside.  It has become very time consuming, but I enjoy it.  Then you can sit there and grab things that spawn in front of your eyes and move them out too.  PVP, PVE, and now PVS (shed).  Always something to do in DayZ.

Wayyyyy too much food.  Tins everywhere.  But I'm not having much luck with ammo.

And everything being pristine really does not help.

I do like a challenge, but right now the ONLY challenge is avoiding getting killed by other players.  

But still 0.5 is much more enjoyable than 0.49 IMO.

Community complains about slow progress, patch comes out and community calls to go go back to the last patch???

Huh and they say the devs dont have there priorities straight...

• Like 1

By far the majority of patches have been released Wednesdays. The "Wednesdays are for maintenance and Fridays for patches"-thing is ancient history and has been so for many many months. Go check yourself in the devtracker. 0.50 was implemented to stable November 5.

Edited by BadAsh

This is what it's like to participate in an early access alpha. Expect things to go wrong - and enjoy them while they do. These loot piles won't last forever - have fun with them and enjoy times of plenty!

• Like 1