Sign in to follow this  
danceswithzeds

A friendly warning to save time and drama

Just a heads up to help the the forum go smoothly.... If you want to ask a legitimate question about how to use an item but then also ask why they added it if it serves no function yet even though they remove other items because they don't function..... If this confuses you make sure you don't write anything that can be perceived as insensitive to people who make these decisions. I made this mistake and want to help others avoid this drama.

I didn't realize before that the forum administrators decide what can hurt the game makers feelings or not.

Perhaps if you provide a list of what kind of questions hurt their feelings we can avoid all of these miscommunications. Please send my apologies to the project managers for whom you lock topics for.

• Like 1

Your topic was locked because the question was already answered and you took the step to troll further with stuff that had nothing to do with the OP. Not exactly rocket science.

• Like 1

My follow up question should have been better written but my question was honest... Why remove silencers but add other non functioning items? I'm really sorry about the way I wrote it but am genuinely wondering why... And my sense of humor was meant for fun with the forum members. Not game makers.

I'm really sorry guys. I'm done asking questions because I feel bad now.

Just a heads up to help the the forum go smoothly.... If you want to ask a legitimate question about how to use an item but then also ask why they added it if it serves no function yet even though they remove other items because they don't function..... If this confuses you make sure you don't write anything that can be perceived as insensitive to people who make these decisions. I made this mistake and want to help others avoid this drama.

I didn't realize before that the forum administrators decide what can hurt the game makers feelings or not.

Perhaps if you provide a list of what kind of questions hurt their feelings we can avoid all of these miscommunications. Please send my apologies to the project managers for whom you lock topics for.

We all came in here thinking this place was a hippy commune of DayZ thoughts and ideas but it is not. Resist the urge to get your feelings hurt as it is bought and paid for by the makers of the game and as such they have complete control of all content coming and going (and rightfully so). Were I to develop a game and maintain a forum for said game I might get tired of the steady stream of "this game is shit" threads as well. Whether the game is or isn't shit is irrelevant. We are in their house and should have the decency to not insult the drapes. 

Why remove silencers but add other non functioning items?

The main point has been explained to you. Silencers got removed because they don't work ( programming issue ) The welding mask is a clothing item ( artist / designer work ). Following the logic of your post you can also say "Why do we have cowboy hats when we dont even have horses to ride?"

Well good point....

But come on man. People wear cowboy hats without horses all the time. No one wears welding masks unless they weld. You can't see anything if it's an auto darkening helmet. So welding masks are really strange to put in. But I'm sorry for the rude tone. I agree we should delete my posts. I will watch my tone from now on.

You whine about an alpha.  Why don't you go buy the new Assassin's Creed.  You know full game, ready to rock, 70 bucks.  I heard it's doing amazing.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

I love how encouraging dayz fans to give up on the game and purchase other competitors' games is OK but questioning Dayz development decisions in a critical manner is way out of line.

Makes total sense.

• Like 2

I love how encouraging dayz fans to give up on the game and purchase other competitors' games is OK but questioning Dayz development decisions in a critical manner is way out of line.

Makes total sense.

Uh, I'm not telling you to go buy it for the sake of buying it.  Perhaps you should google it.  Assassin's Creed: Unity.  Then you'll get an understanding of why your moaning and bitching about an alpha is not warranted.   

Here, I'll save you the trouble. http://globalnews.ca/news/1671706/assassins-creed-unity-glitches-leave-gamers-frustrated/

Again... Love this double standard shit on the forum. Here is Caboose getting combative with me when all I'm doing is trying to legitimately understand something about Dayz. Why is it OK to be so rude if someone is blindly defending every project management decision?

To me this is far more damaging to the forum atmosphere. I don't know what power Caboose has with the forum but it's pretty obvious. The truth is I'm a huge Dayz fan.

Again... Love this double standard shit on the forum. Here is Caboose getting combative with me when all I'm doing is trying to legitimately understand something about Dayz. Why is it OK to be so rude if someone is blindly defending every project management decision?

To me this is far more damaging to the forum atmosphere. I don't know what power Caboose has with the forum but it's pretty obvious. The truth is I'm a huge Dayz fan.

Are you listening to yourself?  Read that article that I gave you.  That is a full released game, bugged and glitched.  DayZ is in "Early Access Alpha" which people like yourself gripe about bugs and glitches.  Do you comprehend this?

What I'm telling you is before you go ranting and raving about what the developers of DayZ are doing, you should be appreciating that they are trying not to do what companies like EA and UBISOFT do by releasing full versions at a premium price that are broken, glitched and bugged.

Edited by Caboose187

I'm glad we've managed to explain things and everyone's happy. Next time I would prefer if we could do that in one place and not start other threads.

Next time a thread gets locked, it was probably locked for a reason. If you don't agree don't start more threads but rather contact either the moderator asking for an explanation or Boneboys if you're still not happy with the explanation you were given.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hello there

Lets calm it down guys.

OP was wrong to post this but has since apologised. No need to carry on beating him.

But, as the OP was a rant against a mod decision I shall now close this.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2