Sign in to follow this  
Mor (DayZ)

Server setup Guide ?

Is there any setup configuration or administration guide available somewhere?

For Standalone?

Klick "Buy" on Hosters Website, chose name -> Profit.

Everything else is provided by the Hoster in the Control Panel and explained on their website. No knowledge needed.

Edited by kichilron

From arma I recall there were some extra configuration that has to be done. Has the process been streamlined? for all or only public servers? 

You don't currently have the power to change anything aabout your server other than:

• Time of day
  • Restartcycle
  • Name (parts of it)

But that is about it. No witchcraft. Anyone can do that.

• Like 1

Yep, just like kichilron said, not too much too it right now. I'll add that you do have the ability to install BEC (BattleEye Extended Controls) which will allow you to create jobs to display messages or have more control over when the server restarts.

I'll admit when I first rented my server I was so excited to have control and be able to change things to our liking only to find it was a bit limited. The picture below best describes that moment I logged into our Server Control panel for the first time ;)

giphy.gif

• Like 2

My group just got a private shard and even though I knew what things I could change before getting it, that graphic is still so true.

Beans for you, sir!

Yep, just like kichilron said, not too much too it right now. I'll add that you do have the ability to install BEC (BattleEye Extended Controls) which will allow you to create jobs to display messages or have more control over when the server restarts.

I'll admit when I first rented my server I was so excited to have control and be able to change things to our liking only to find it was a bit limited. The picture below best describes that moment I logged into our Server Control panel for the first time ;)

giphy.gif

Edited by Borgscan
  • Like 1