Sign in to follow this  
kll4

Animals on Skalisty Island

If somebody wants true survival, Skalisty isn't a good place yet. In my opinion, there should be animals spawning on Skalisty and maybe some more houses/structures to loot, especially in the south-east part of the island.

I think there should also be at least one Ashwood tree and maybe a river originating from a rock at the highest part of the island for fresh water if the well's are broken/not availible.

Edited by kll4
  • Like 3

Yeah, zombies spawn there. Swam to it in February.

Personally, I wonder if anyone goes there now that tents are in...

Of course.  There's always going to be those kids that think they're being clever.  That island and the little spit of land with the lighthouse by Cherno in the DayZ mod were ridiculously popular tent grounds.

I would love it if there was just enough there for you to survive by yourself, until someone came over...

Couple of greenhouses, river for fish and a few animals(hopefully breedable)

It'd be a lot of fun to make a base there and try to survive as long as you can.

• Like 2

That is the problem. That island is pretty much unique and in range for most people who want to go there. (Too) Many will still think they're clever or just take the chances and eventually meet other people there. Or hoppers that sweep the island.

I gave it a thought first, but when looking at it and the map, I feel safer on the "mainland".

Making it a viable location for living / surviving by adding more interesting items or places there will just increase traffic there.

Do zombies spawn there?

Yeah, zombies spawn there. Swam to it in February.

Personally, I wonder if anyone goes there now that tents are in...

Now that you both mention it, I have not crossed to Skal since the mod.  As for OP, I'm unsure if realistically an abundance of animals land based that is would make much sense.  I would not mind some prime fishing holes/pockets around the far ends of the island though.  Now, back to searching for Pobeda.

On Skalisty I would imagine mostly Rabbits would be on the Island nothing more than maybe a small number of Deers and hogs perhaps but I imagine it would be a prime fishing location.

Now that you both mention it, I have not crossed to Skal since the mod.  As for OP, I'm unsure if realistically an abundance of animals land based that is would make much sense.  I would not mind some prime fishing holes/pockets around the far ends of the island though.  Now, back to searching for Pobeda.

Of course it would make sense. Animals are crossing over in the winter when the water is frozen and then keep living there.

There is a deer stand on the island so it would make sense to have some animals on it. Maybe not the biggest types that require a lot of space but I can see wild boar, roe deer, different types of birds and maybe seals inhabiting it.

There is a deer stand on the island so it would make sense to have some animals on it. Maybe not the biggest types that require a lot of space but I can see wild boar, roe deer, different types of birds and maybe seals inhabiting it.

Exactly; there would be no point for the deer stand if there wouldn't be any animals.

I'm going to update my original post. I think there should also be at least one Ashwood tree and maybe a river originating from a rock at the highest part of the island for fresh water if the well's are broken/not availible.

That is the problem. That island is pretty much unique and in range for most people who want to go there. (Too) Many will still think they're clever or just take the chances and eventually meet other people there. Or hoppers that sweep the island.

I gave it a thought first, but when looking at it and the map, I feel safer on the "mainland".

Making it a viable location for living / surviving by adding more interesting items or places there will just increase traffic there.

It'd still be fun to try though especially when we get traps imagine having to defend your base against a clan?

Even if you failed it'd still be an epic experience to take them on and if you won, all that loot to run away with and bragging rights! With persistence leave a few notes around detailing their noobish skills, for when they inevitably come back in force.

It's not something you could sustain forever on one server but it'd be fun to try or at least I think so. I made a topic of my first visit to it in the gallery a few months or so ago.

When/if boats and heli's are added though it'll probably be the number one base location, so it would be fun until then. I hope they make it so it's only survivable for one person, two at best. Then clans have to leave for food instead of being set for life.

I don't know that the water between skalisty and the mainland would freeze, considering it's saltwater.  I bet the marsh on the west side of the island would make for some tasty nautical nomnoms.  Birds, turtles/tortoises, snakes, maybe raccoons, mice, and other vermin might be found there.  

As for the clan-battling, it might be a fun time, but that pathetic spit of land isn't really worth dying over in my opinion.  If it were up to me I'd moor my boat in that little shack (it was there in the mod, it may not be in the SA) and bail the first time I heard a stick crunch.  

In the book Hatchet, the main protagonist makes a barrier in a lake out of some material that he uses to trap fish close to the shore and breeds them and feeds them the guts of their pals. That'd be a neat trick.  Also 'Where the Red Fern Grows' mentions a trap where you burrow a hole in a log, place bait inside the hole, then drive nails into the hole in such a way that a critter could reach its paw in but not withdraw it.

I don't know that the water between skalisty and the mainland would freeze, considering it's saltwater.  I bet the marsh on the west side of the island would make for some tasty nautical nomnoms.  Birds, turtles/tortoises, snakes, maybe raccoons, mice, and other vermin might be found there.  

As for the clan-battling, it might be a fun time, but that pathetic spit of land isn't really worth dying over in my opinion.  If it were up to me I'd moor my boat in that little shack (it was there in the mod, it may not be in the SA) and bail the first time I heard a stick crunch.  

In the book Hatchet, the main protagonist makes a barrier in a lake out of some material that he uses to trap fish close to the shore and breeds them and feeds them the guts of their pals. That'd be a neat trick.  Also 'Where the Red Fern Grows' mentions a trap where you burrow a hole in a log, place bait inside the hole, then drive nails into the hole in such a way that a critter could reach its paw in but not withdraw it.

I think it would be great for clans really nobody can get to it without being noticed so as long as someone is on watch all the time it'd be very safe...until the clan had to go eat dinner or sleep and everyone raided the base...

For a sizeable clan where someone is always going to be online it'd be good.

Or if you could dig a hole and hide all your good shit in it before leaving.

All those would be great, I'd love to see a building system similar to The Forest so we could make some traps to catch rabbits, fortify a garden or something with wood and leave them there to breed like...well, rabbits.

Of course any kind of breeding would have to be accelerated to a silly degree but there's no way 50 people would kill every animal in an area the size of Chernaus in a matter of days so breeding should be a thing although I can see them having an offscreen spawning thing to pretend that they bred.

• Like 1