~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE #1: Policeman Texture

UPDATE #2: Priest Texture

UPDATE #3: Hunter Texture

UPDATE #4: Citizen Texture

UPDATE #5: Soldier & Heavy Soldier Textures

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

I would like to share with you some work I have been doing with the zombie clothing. Ever since Genesiscrys made his awesome zombie skin, I've been inspired to make some custom skins myself! As of right now, the zombies have a really nice skin texture, but their clothing looks pristine. As if they never got a drop of blood on themselves. They also don't seem to reflect their wearers. For example the mechanic overalls are very clean, the hunters have no dirt on them, and the doctors don't have any pee on them. NO PEE!!!

Here is a video demonstrating these textures on moving zombies, and to explain an interesting dilemma with some of the zombie models and their skins...

For more images, please look at the following Imgur linkfor the changes I have made to their skins. Below is an example image, so you can get an idea of what I'm trying to do with these new textures.

TIJAE.jpg

As you can see, there is now more blood, dirt, and overall griminess to the zombies, which I feel adds a great deal of immersion to the game.

I welcome any and all feedback in regards to this little project! If the community approves of this, I will continue working on these textures, and improving them. I am also open to any suggestions, or direction.

EDIT: Keep in mind, these textures are NOT meant to change the way the game is played. They are merely meant to enhance the look of the models. Any suggestions to "create a new type of skin", while really awesome, might go against what Rocket has in mind. If eventually there comes a time for that, I would be very happy to oblige!

Also, these textures cannot be installed by anyone, until either Rocket, or the community demands they be added to the game, at which time I will happily turn them over. I personally would LOVE to see these added to the game!

Thank you for your time, and stay safe out there!

TOPMO3

Edited by TOPMO3
  • Like 34

These texture currently exist only on my hard drive, and you cannot play the mod with them installed. I would love for these textures to become the standard in DayZ, but I cannot control that.

If the community demand is strong enough however... ;)

Very nice attention to detail.

Good job, hopefully the Devs let this go into the official release as it does add a bit more detail to the zombies by making them look grungy and like they've been devouring loads of people.

Nice work, would like to see them in-game

One thing, Zombies are by developers called infected,like they are in an early stage of becoming zombies.

But as said, nice work and hope to see them in game.

Looking great!

Hopefully devs will consider this in future updates :)

Brilliant! I've always been bothered by this and especially by how the Zed's hands are also prestine while their faces are done up right. It's definitely weird and I'm sure it's something they'll address before launch. I hope Rocket gets these and puts them in soon!

Thank you all for the kind words and feedback. I will continue to make textures for the units mentioned in the video, and hopefully we'll see them in-game soon.

Also great idea with the ripped clothing, maybe I'll try it on the priest!

Definitely a fan, and I would love to see these implemented into the game, as well as seeing some work done on the other models you can't access just yet.