Sign in to follow this  
Replifice

Strap 2 main weapons on your backback with rope

So basicly i can understand the 2 main weapons that you need to hold one in your hands.

But you should be able to basicly strap 2 weapons on your backpack with rope.  Which means, if you need to run a large distance but want to keep your 2 main guns.  

You should be able to have the ability to strap the weapons with the rope on your back.  

The disadvantage would be if you like to use them again the 2 guns you have to unstrap them.  

So basicly you cannot use both weapons when you 'strap' them on your back but for example you can still use a handgun and sawed off shotgun inside your backpack.  

That way you can fast travel a large distance without problems.  You cannot directly pick up both weapons after strapping them to your backpack but you need todo a 'unstrap' animation first before you can use them again.  This is more realistic and gives a bit a realistic sence when you are carrying much stuff.  

I love to snipe, i love close combat.  I want to be able to use both from time to time.

Yes, further more, we should be even able to put a second gun in a place of an axe. 

• Like 2

First remove the magic slots and add a weight/stamina system then we can talk about this. As of now nobody needs two main weapons and I believe the game is much better if you have to choose which one to keep or suffer from having to carry one in your hands (which should be easier now if it wasn't for that bug that makes the carried weapon disappear if you leave a certain area). Right now you are already carrying way too much without even using storage space.

But I like the idea of having to strap/unstrap things instead of keeping them usable all the time. So I would propose an alternative: Remove the gun slot but make it possible to add firearms (and archery weapons) to your melee slot making it a shared slot and then make it possible to strap one other fiream/melee/archery weapon to your back in the way you suggested.

For your purposes the submachine guns and AKS74U are perfect as you can keep them in a backpack. Also handguns can be quite effective and take up even less space. Though they suffer from rifles getting a slot for free - adding even more of those would only hurt them. Melee weapons have similar problems as the free slot makes the Firefighter Axes significant size a non-issue.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 4

Yes, further more, we should be even able to put a second gun in a place of an axe.

This ^

Awsome idea ;)

So basicly i can understand the 2 main weapons that you need to hold one in your hands.

But you should be able to basicly strap 2 weapons on your backpack with rope.  Which means, if you need to run a large distance but want to keep your 2 main guns.  

You should be able to have the ability to strap the weapons with the rope on your back.  

The disadvantage would be if you like to use them again the 2 guns you have to unstrap them.  

So basicly you cannot use both weapons when you 'strap' them on your back but for example you can still use a handgun and sawed off shotgun inside your backpack.  

That way you can fast travel a large distance without problems.  You cannot directly pick up both weapons after strapping them to your backpack but you need todo a 'unstrap' animation first before you can use them again.  This is more realistic and gives a bit a realistic sence when you are carrying much stuff.  

I love to snipe, i love close combat.  I want to be able to use both from time to time.

This ^

Awsome idea ;)

What? No, why? Realistically, how many human beings run around in a dangerous situation, like the DayZ apocalypse, with two long rifles/assault rifles/ carbines/etc.? Since the closest real life examples we can use is soldiers in combat, or hunters in the wild, let's ask a few of them what it would be like running around with two weapons. I am willing to guess that most of them would say it's laughable to carry two large weapons on your back, because you'd constantly have to readjust them both to prevent them from falling off. They'd get tangled together, plus they could end up knocking together, making noise you can't afford.

If you can show me proof it happens, I will give you my beans.

First remove the magic slots and add a weight/stamina system then we can talk about this. As of now nobody needs two main weapons and I believe the game is much better if you have to choose which one to keep or suffer from having to carry one in your hands (which should be easier now if it wasn't for that bug that makes the carried weapon disappear if you leave a certain area). Right now you are already carrying way too much without even using storage space.

But I like the idea of having to strap/unstrap things instead of keeping them usable all the time. So I would propose an alternative: Remove the gun slot but make it possible to add firearms (and archery weapons) to your melee slot making it a shared slot and then make it possible to strap one other fiream/melee/archery weapon to your back in the way you suggested.

For your purposes the submachine guns and AKS74U are perfect as you can keep them in a backpack. Also handguns can be quite effective and take up even less space. Though they suffer from rifles getting a slot for free - adding even more of those would only hurt them. Melee weapons have similar problems as the free slot makes the Firefighter Axes significant size a non-issue.

This is a much more intelligent, rational way of saying the idea I'm in favor off.

• Like 1

In all honesty, it should be made to where the only possible way to carry a gun on your back would be if you found or improvised a rifle sling. Using like rope, or maybe crafting one from an animal hide. Would be more realistic imo. 

I say let us keep anything anywhere but just add a weight system....sure you COULD carry 6 weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo with the slots you have.....but CAN your toon handle that? Will he make it a few hundred metres and see his hydration drop a colour code. Maybe make it so the more hydrated and energised (also depending on blood and HP) effcts the negative side of it.

Strapping stuff to your pack is a good one, long as it takes a good 10 secs or more (with an animation) to unstrap it and place it on the ground. A similar thing would be to allow guns that can to be disassembled and placed in your pack, reassemble IMO should take longer that unstrapping it.....say 10 sec to unstrap.....15-20 to reassemble :)

Not really :- /

I think this makes DayZ "special" in some way.

If you would be able to carry a Mosin+LRS+comp AND an M4 or AKM, you would be equipped for long-range and CQC-med-range.

But for me, DayZ is made special by the "decisions" you have to make.

Either take the Mosin and be good at med-long-range, or go for M4/AKM/AK101, etc. and be ready for CQC-med-range.

OR Carry both guns, and be set for all ranges while having a disadvantage.

If you would always be ready for everything... this would be too boring (from my point of view).

However, the whole item-system should be tweaked for weight&stamina, so you are "rewarded" for carrying only the most needed things, and not running around with 2x 300-ammo-boxes, 2x med-kits with 6 blood-bags, etc. etc.

BUT: IF weapons should only be able to be carried on the shoulder with a strap, Rope-spawns should drastically increased. You should be able to find 2-4m of rope in every third or fourth house.

Or let us cut leather into stripes, and then into even smaller stripes. And then combine 2-4 small stripes and craft a strap/rope out of it.

Edited by irishroy

I suspect they will add the ability to carry whatever you want willl come later, when as hicks said "a single bullet matters" (paraphrase?).

Perhaps right now if you could carry two rifles you'd be a rampaging commando (two akm with drum mags for example) and it feels out of place for the game they want DayZ to be. It still doesn't make sense not to be able to carry stuff of similar size, weight, and dimensions just 'because'.

Edited by Trizzo