NoPaEr10

The most impressive close range sniping ever

1) I start watching a DayZ combat video.

2) A few minutes in the player hides behind something and looks around. I realize I've been watching third person gameplay the whole time.

3) My interest evaporates.

I wish '3PP' and '1PP' were used in the titles.

And the fact that you post that thinking it's relevant to the discussion or that anybody cares means you're both new to DayZ and a sheep for listening to other cry-babies who sit around whining about 3pp and jumping on their bandwagon.

This guy played well. Doesn't matter that he was on 3pp.

News flash: MOST streamers stay on 3pp because it's more entertaining for their viewers and because MORE people play on 3pp which means more populated servers which means more action.

Doesn't detract from their "skills"..

So seriously, lets stop with the fucking 3pp bashing already. It's getting really really tiresome.

He's good, but not super impressed at all. He really poorly geared, which shows hes an instant grad pvp player that dies allot. I can totally tell. He's total COD player, that was having a good night. So I call BS So what if he gets a few kills? You want to be a instant grad COD player or a DayZ player? Try taking a shot at 800 meters. Or even 500.

Sorry...most streamers I don't respect as far as being decent dayz players. I have seen a few on DayZ TV and think they have no biz streaming as far teaching anyways, there only spreading there bad habits. Also reality is you tubers like frankie and morgan freeman are funny, but stage most of there videos, or they trim out a few minutes of hours game play. Sorry kids santa isn't real. Most streamers I have seen I was not impressed at all......but.....but There is one who I like, Rino Crunch. Its not becuase hes good or bad, its becuase hes god dam funny, and he trolls the crap out of people, who I think deserve it. 

I  guarantee if you were in a Battle Royale (DayZ edition!) with Smak,  Kongphan, myself, and a handful of "top" streamers like MrMoon, Blackout, etc.. You probably wouldn't make it into the top 5.. possibly not top 10.

That said, I agree that a lot of streamers are horrrrible.. Especially when you see their FOV cranked up to maximum and they're running around in all ruined gear with 100 food items in their backpack.

Know who does that? Rhino..

Edited by Etherimp

The guy certainly showed some great skills shooting and staying mobile.

Although have to say, his opponents really don't know what they are doing.

My thoughts exactly. I don't want to discredit the guy entirely, but a big part of his success in this instance was the complete carelessness of the people he was playing against.

• Like 1

I  guarantee if you were in a Battle Royale (DayZ edition!) with Smak,  Kongphan, myself, and a handful of "top" streamers like MrMoon, Blackout, etc.. You probably wouldn't make it into the top 5.. possibly not top 10.

That said, I agree that a lot of streamers are horrrrible.. Especially when you see their FOV cranked up to maximum and they're running around in all ruined gear with 100 food items in their backpack.

Know who does that? Rhino..

You never played with me, please don't judge me LOL There is no leaderboard for dayz

Sometimes when I take breaks from playing I check out some of the live streams. There are some that are really skilled players, but many of them are not really that great. I think many of them do it just for the attention, not really even to play.

The video that was posted here, I honestly thought he was a skilled pvper or just having a good night and was on it. Thats were it ends. Just based on how he was geared, maybe the night before wasn't so good. I call players like that instant grad players. They get just enough to pvp with and go out looking for trouble, they don't care if they die or anything else. Hell I have done it before, thats how I know  :o  But to me its missing the point of the game. This is vary much a survival game, its not all about pvp. Pvp just an aspect. So tend not to get impressed by it. 

Rhino is one funny dude..what a crazy 4 eyed troll he is. I watch his videos for the same reason I watch morgan freeman. I don't think he takes him self that serous much of the time. The reason I watch is purely for comic relief.

Edited by CJFlint

Thank you everyone so much with the kind comments about the video  :)  :)  :)  appreciate it very much  :D !!!  With that being said, to the guy asking about sniping long distance, ohh do I have some golden chicken nuggets for you my sniper critic friend ! down below are a few of my videos of me sniping at very long range in standalone .

-Here we have a video at around 400 meters 1 shot to the head-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrG2lDOIks&list=UUylkLve_BdXDfXIJkC190tw

-Doesn't tickle your fancy you say hmm ? Alrighty homeslice here we have a double snipe on 2 opponents back to back at 700+ meters -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcx0j3MdCHY&list=UUylkLve_BdXDfXIJkC190tw

-Whaaaat ?! Still not enough sugar for your cookie dough ? Hmm well well no need to be all sappy buddy  :lol: ! Here is one around 900 meters 1 shot to the head -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ou_N65xRA8&list=UUylkLve_BdXDfXIJkC190tw

-Dang , still not impressed ? Grrr your one hard slug egg to crack , alrighty then how about some........ 1000+ Meter Snipes on 2 opponents !!!-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0tcSaeDxEE

-Seriously man, thats all I have I swear !!! Ok.........well.....um...heres a video of me screaming like a girl , just please don't post this on the internet-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0lBcC8be0

You ask why watch someone play a video game ? Answer is simple , it is very entertaining to the person watching , just exactly the same way you most likely watch TV /Movies/Sports etc . Trust me I have worked very hard to reach this point in full time streaming and many other streamers will agree it is by no means an "easy profession" . I am not even close to being a "Mega popular l33t streamer" just yet but I am sure with more hard work and dedication time will tell  :thumbsup:

It has taken me over 3 years of streaming to even become partnered with twitch , sacrificed a lot of time / money / lost relationships , the whole 9 corn flakes yards ya know what I mean ?  So no need to be all slug salty my friend when you see people donate & subscribe to streamers , because most likely these people donating do recognize their talent/skills/efforts and dedication they put into stream and that is "why" they donate .... to support them  :)

Other then that , I do apologize for the excessive chicken nugget foul language everyone  , I promise I am very nice Ninja once you talk to me. I agree I do get a little carried away in my gaming persona when the oven heat is getting turned up during intense gameplay , will have to tone that down a bit hehehe.... but for the most part I'm glad most of you have enjoyed the video :D ! More will come  :beans:  :beans:

Stay Ninja my friends !

http://www.twitch.tv/anthony_kongphan

• Like 5

The guy certainly showed some great skills shooting and staying mobile.

Although have to say, his opponents really don't know what they are doing.

Indeed on his skill, although i am not certain that his opponents didn't know what they were doing. IMO not all the opponents were on the same team, and some of them were on the opposite side of the hill. So while the first group might have been a bit careless or missed him in the cover of vegetation. Even "PRO" players can get disorientated in the first moments, and if there were more than one team and they were caught in the middle, it would have made a very confusing situation even worse. Edited by Mor
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone so much with the kind comments about the video  :)  :)  :)  appreciate it very much  :D !!!  With that being said, to the guy asking about sniping long distance, ohh do I have some golden chicken nuggets for you my sniper critic friend ! down below are a few of my videos of me sniping at very long range in standalone .

-Here we have a video at around 400 meters 1 shot to the head-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrG2lDOIks&list=UUylkLve_BdXDfXIJkC190tw

-Doesn't tickle your fancy you say hmm ? Alrighty homeslice here we have a double snipe on 2 opponents back to back at 700+ meters -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcx0j3MdCHY&list=UUylkLve_BdXDfXIJkC190tw

-Whaaaat ?! Still not enough sugar for your cookie dough ? Hmm well well no need to be all sappy buddy  :lol: ! Here is one around 900 meters 1 shot to the head -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ou_N65xRA8&list=UUylkLve_BdXDfXIJkC190tw

-Dang , still not impressed ? Grrr your one hard slug egg to crack , alrighty then how about some........ 1000+ Meter Snipes on 2 opponents !!!-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0tcSaeDxEE

-Seriously man, thats all I have I swear !!! Ok.........well.....um...heres a video of me screaming like a girl , just please don't post this on the internet-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0lBcC8be0

You ask why watch someone play a video game ? Answer is simple , it is very entertaining to the person watching , just exactly the same way you most likely watch TV /Movies/Sports etc . Trust me I have worked very hard to reach this point in full time streaming and many other streamers will agree it is by no means an "easy profession" . I am not even close to being a "Mega popular l33t streamer" just yet but I am sure with more hard work and dedication time will tell  :thumbsup:

It has taken me over 3 years of streaming to even become partnered with twitch , sacrificed a lot of time / money / lost relationships , the whole 9 corn flakes yards ya know what I mean ?  So no need to be all slug salty my friend when you see people donate & subscribe to streamers , because most likely these people donating do recognize their talent/skills/efforts and dedication they put into stream and that is "why" they donate .... to support them  :)

Other then that , I do apologize for the excessive chicken nugget foul language everyone  , I promise I am very nice Ninja once you talk to me. I agree I do get a little carried away in my gaming persona when the oven heat is getting turned up during intense gameplay , will have to tone that down a bit hehehe.... but for the most part I'm glad most of you have enjoyed the video :D ! More will come  :beans:  :beans:

Stay Ninja my friends !

I really tried everything I could to convince them that you belong to the best DayZ snipers out there. There you have it haters if you are still asking yourself if he is capable of landing a 900 meter snipe. Im pretty surprised that noone is hating no more.

YOU'RE THE MAN ANTHONY

Stay Ninja my friends !

You are a good shot, I will give that, and you have allot of followers. So hats off to you. 

But your def not the only person in this game who has done that. Infact I played in a couple of groups were other players have taken out a number of players in one session. Infact I have done it my self. I do not even want credit for it. Its really just comes down trying to survive a pvp encounter, so I remain modest about. Because I know good and well, the next time I log in I can be taken out by, other players, hackers, bugs, falling off of things and the like. It can happen at anytime. It keeps me grounded and modest in regards to this game.

What really impress's me about players is when they are able to survive certain death and have longevity. The guys that log in the high pops pvp and survive countless times. They keep there avatars alive for days weeks, even months. I know that most players who really play dayz log into the high pops, last maybe a few hours to a couple of days tops. Most end up getting shot then having to respawn. I have seen it before, they were haveing an outstanding night, but the next day they get hit and have to respawn. This is a perma death survival game with no leaderboard. So shooting other players in my eyes is just something you have to do when someone is getting in the way of you surviving.  When I set out set out to pvp, I do it as thoughtfully as I can, and limit danger to my self, and cause as much damage to the other players as I can. Even If I don't shot a single player I view as a success if I walked away. I think I have a different idea of success in dayz then many people, or maybe not. I guess really at the end of the day its all about game play freedom and people play how ever they want too, and had fun. So its all good!

But regardless hats off to you, you lived and took out the other ass hats getting in your way that time, and it isn't your 1st time. You can handle your self and good with the mosin, which is my fav rifle in the game right now. So in that I say great work and good luck with your streaming.

Edited by CJFlint

And the fact that you post that thinking it's relevant to the discussion or that anybody cares means you're both new to DayZ and a sheep for listening to other cry-babies who sit around whining about 3pp and jumping on their bandwagon.

Not relevant to the discussion:

- what you think I was thinking

- how new I am to DayZ

- if I am a sheep for listening to other cry-babies who sit around whining about 3pp and jumping on their bandwagon or not

All these are unnecessary personal attacks against me.

Why do you read my words as crying, whining? You are obviously sensing a negative emotion, and you know what? You are right:

I was disappointed, and my disappointment moved me to share my experience related to the posted video.

When I read the title I got excited and had a high expectation. Then it got less impressive because of the 3PP.

Just because I dislike 3pp action and tactics, does not mean that I am new to DayZ, nor that I have my opinion through mindlessly copying others without proper independent consideration. This opinion and preference of mine is based on my experience and my values.

This guy played well. Doesn't matter that he was on 3pp.

[...]

Doesn't detract from their "skills"..

I wrote nothing about his skills. Yes, he played well.

News flash: MOST streamers stay on 3pp because it's more entertaining for their viewers and because MORE people play on 3pp which means more populated servers which means more action.

The reasons why streamers play in 3PP might help me accept that I have to filter my DayZ action video viewing.

I think that is what I'm whining about. So thanks for inspiring me to figure that out.

I'm pissed off because I have to filter my DayZ action video viewing. I can filter the servers but I cannot filter the videos. That's my problem.

And I keep forgetting about 3PP, because I only play 1PP, even on (friendly) 3PP servers. Makes sense, doesn't it?

So seriously, lets stop with the fucking 3pp bashing already. It's getting really really tiresome.

Being disappointed in 3pp action does not mean that I bash 3pp. 3pp action is less realistic, less immersive, allows looking without being exposed which makes it less impressive to me, that's all I'm saying. If I'd bash something, it would be the fucking over the top title.

You are tired of 3pp bashing and maybe even personally feel attacked. Maybe my report of what happened to my interest was the straw that broke the camel's back. Sorry!

The video thumbnail should have given it away.

You are right, I'll try to pay attention to that, thanks.

Edited by Rico Heart

-Stuffs-

I liked the video, not sure if I needed a wall of advertisements in reply.....

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

I have noticed on this thread and on others were people some how think because they play 1st person mode they are some how better then people who play 3rd person. I'm going to go ahead say your vary wrong. I have played 1st person and 3rd person many times, and will tell there is no more skilled needed to play either or. I had the same exp playing either way for the most part. Your vis is just limited in 1st person, THATS IT....Lets just make that clear right now. So lets please stop with 1st person 3rd person crap, to someone who has played this a great deal it just seems like such stupid none issue. Just stop it for god sakes.

I sware out of any other game I have played, there is more false claims, hype and mis guided scuddlebutt then anywhere else I have seen, in any game I have seen in my life time of gaming lol. I'm not kidding. I play this game allot, and I come to the forums sometimes and really wonder if some of the people on here are playing the same game as me. I'm really not sure what causes it. It really amazes the hell out of me sometimes.

Also I tend to think because this game is so hard on new players, they tend to get overly impressed with stuff that happens....well all the time in dayz. There barely able to even survive 5 minutes let alone shot other players. I say to the new players, these are not god like players, and in month you will be there too. There simply vet pvpers or instant grad players that are at electro or cherno or were ever on a packed server, who have a stream. Have some of you ever pvped before? Or group pvp? I mean this in a respectful way...but have you? Man there are times were the streets are littered with players dead avatars. This video really was just on instance of many. There has been several times were on groups or pvp sessions there were multiple players avatars were shot dead. I have seen players shot dead then come back and try to loot there body and get shot again by the same person even. Come on lol It happens every single day in this game. All kinds of crazy freak things happen.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Not relevant to the discussion:

- what you think I was thinking

- how new I am to DayZ

- if I am a sheep for listening to other cry-babies who sit around whining about 3pp and jumping on their bandwagon or not

All these are unnecessary personal attacks against me.

Why do you read my words as crying, whining? You are obviously sensing a negative emotion, and you know what? You are right:

I was disappointed, and my disappointment moved me to share my experience related to the posted video.

When I read the title I got excited and had a high expectation. Then it got less impressive because of the 3PP.

Just because I dislike 3pp action and tactics, does not mean that I am new to DayZ, nor that I have my opinion through mindlessly copying others without proper independent consideration. This opinion and preference of mine is based on my experience and my values.

I wrote nothing about his skills. Yes, he played well.

The reasons why streamers play in 3PP might help me accept that I have to filter my DayZ action video viewing.

I think that is what I'm whining about. So thanks for inspiring me to figure that out.

I'm pissed off because I have to filter my DayZ action video viewing. I can filter the servers but I cannot filter the videos. That's my problem.

And I keep forgetting about 3PP, because I only play 1PP, even on (friendly) 3PP servers. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Being disappointed in 3pp action does not mean that I bash 3pp. 3pp action is less realistic, less immersive, allows looking without being exposed which makes it less impressive to me, that's all I'm saying. If I'd bash something, it would be the fucking over the top title.

You are tired of 3pp bashing and maybe even personally feel attacked. Maybe my report of what happened to my interest was the straw that broke the camel's back. Sorry!

You are right, I'll try to pay attention to that, thanks.

My aggression is directed towards EVERYONE who flames 3pp, not just you.. So keep that in mind. It's nothing personal.. but here's my beef -

Every time someone posts a video of 3pp (I post content to youtube and twitch as well), anytime that video is posted somewhere public, I will attract people to watch the video who are NOT my regular subscribers/followers.. And when that happens it's inevitable that the 3pp issue is going to get brought up.

I'm sick of it. It's a non-issue. Unless a video is posted specifically as "HARDCORE", then nobody should expect 1pp.

Furthermore, 3pp vs 1pp does not detract from the players skill. People have different reasons for playing 3pp.. Here's the biggest:

3pp servers are more populated. I have every hardcore server with <100 ping "favorited", and every time I go to play I try to play on hardcore... I get home at 11pm MST, and 90% of the time, there are no hardcore servers with more than 6-10 players on them in my area. 

So ... here's what confuses me.. If this "hardcore!" mode is so much better and everyone loves it so much and every time someone posts a video, people crawl out of the woodwork to flame that video if it's NOT hardcore, then why the hell is it so hard for me to find a POPULATED hardcore server?

1 of 3 things is happening here:

1. A decent percentage of the people who play hardcore play on low-pop servers...

2. People who play hardcore don't play at night..?

3. More people CLAIM they play hardcore than actually play it regularly because they think it makes them sound like a cool kid on forums/reddit for some reason.

Personally, I think all 3 are true.  

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1