Sign in to follow this  
Chancer

Am I doing it right?

Been playing DayZ SA for just over two weeks now, never played DayZ MOD or any or game related to DayZ SA.

My first character lasted over a week and had a Moisin with all the attachments and good gear, despite looking for PvP I only sniped one person and that was a bambi (mean I know but needed to get my first taste of a kill). I just cant seem to find anyone despite me heading to the bigger towns and patrolling the outskirts looking in from hills/trees and yeah i'm playing on full 30/40/50 man servers.

Any tips on getting involved in PvP which doesn't require me to have to run gungho into the middle of a battlefield of a town. I've died twice in two weeks and one was when I was caught off guard looting a military base.

I'm basically looking for some tips from fellow snipers on how they get involved in the PvP

Been playing DayZ SA for just over two weeks now, never played DayZ MOD or any or game related to DayZ SA.

My first character lasted over a week and had a Moisin with all the attachments and good gear, despite looking for PvP I only sniped one person and that was a bambi (mean I know but needed to get my first taste of a kill). I just cant seem to find anyone despite me heading to the bigger towns and patrolling the outskirts looking in from hills/trees and yeah i'm playing on full 30/40/50 man servers.

Any tips on getting involved in PvP which doesn't require me to have to run gungho into the middle of a battlefield of a town. I've died twice in two weeks and one was when I was caught off guard looting a military base.

I'm basically looking for some tips from fellow snipers on how they get involved in the PvP

Go to the NWAF. There KOS is acceptable, according to most. Try mid pop servers, since most people avoid the NWAF on high pop servers, out of fear of dying.

PvP can be an enjoyable experience, but with 1k hours under my belt since launch, I will admit my favorite memories are working with good people and having fun. Most of my favorite memories in the game don't include firing a gun. So, while PvP can be fun and intense, don't forget the other side of the game as well. The last thing people need is another CoD kid. Don't be that CoD kid.

• Like 1

Yeah you are, this is not CoD... If you just want to run around, bambambam shoot people, go play CoD...

Don't play this game, please. Atleast try both tastes if you want to, don't always KoS, try holding up people.

CoD is a cool game too, I play it. But every game has their own aspect.

Edited by Yazar8

NWAF on a nearly empty server is a good bet to get in some PVP. (Im not kidding, that's where the 1/40 guy is, guaranteed. Try the tents.) Otherwise the road between Berezino and Elektro is teeming with people. Lots of bambis and the kos'ers that prey on them, as well as heroes and moderately geared players. The factory and the small coastal town with the police station are hotspots. Novo is pretty hot for PVP, the tall city hall building attracts people cause it spawns great loot and gives a panorama of the valley. Don't listen to the 'COD' police. Play the game how you want and make no apologies.

Edited by jukaga
  • Like 1

NWAF on a nearly empty server is a good bet to get in some PVP. (Im not kidding, that's where the 1/40 guy is, guaranteed. Try the tents.) Otherwise the road between Berezino and Elektro is teeming with people. Lots of bambis and the kos'ers that prey on them, as well as heroes and moderately geared players. The factory and the small coastal town with the police station are hotspots. Novo is pretty hot for PVP, the tall city hall building attracts people cause it spawns great loot and gives a panorama of the valley. Don't listen to the 'COD' police. Play the game how you want and make no apologies.

Hey thanks man for the tips, just what I was looking for, not sure why they are commenting about COD, its great looting a town and knowing someone may be watching you and you could die at anytime. If no one Killed on sight that fear/excitement would be gone.

Anymore details on the factory town you talk of? isit before Elektro?

Edited by Chancer
  • Like 2

Hey thanks man for the tips, just what I was looking for, not sure why they are commenting about COD, its great looting a town and knowing someone may be watching you and you could die at anytime. If no one Killed on sight that fear/excitement would be gone

The 'cod' thing is the go-to backhand insult around here. Some people get really upset when they get killed and others just want a bean eating simulator or campfire circle jerk time. Lone wolfing is fun, I'll never stop but running with a group of like minded buddies looking for trouble is where this game really shines. Have fun bro.

• Like 2

Guys

It's a game

with guns

and glitchy zombies that you rarely get to shoot

and players that if you shoot you get massive amounts of loot depending if fully geared

KOS is not a thing anymore, it's part of the game, atleast for now

inb4 go back to COD

• Like 1

Awareness, patience and knowledge are pretty important. Don't try to rush anything - you will most likely fail. Here is an example how those things can be used.

The problem with camping any spot is that you either got a low value area - people won't expect you but thats because you are lucky to find any prey in the first place - or a high value area - given enough patience you will most likely encounter prey but players usually expect you to be there and play much more cautiously.

bla bla bla fanboyism

go bak 2 ArmA like the rest of the kidds

Go back to Battlefield if you want to kill!

But seriously, look for servers that say PVPElektro or PVPBEREZINO.  They will let you know where to go for some killing.

Also, look for a clan that does the same thing you do.  In the Recruitment section.

You guys don't even listen to logic

Get some lotion for your butt and stop getting so mad over KOS

Tell me one good thing that you gain out of not KOSing, and tell me if it's better than just killing and taking all the loot

Oh, that's right, there isn't one.

Except maybe those few seconds that you get a 12 year old to be friendly with you before he changes his mind or grows some balls to punch you in the face.

Edited by Hosty

Well, if you need it to feel good, do it. Guess you dont get alot of success otherwise in your life.

You guys don't even listen to logic

Get some lotion for your butt and stop getting so mad over KOS

Tell me one good thing that you gain out of not KOSing, and tell me if it's better than just killing and taking all the loot

Oh, that's right, there isn't one.

Except maybe those few seconds that you get a 12 year old to be friendly with you before he changes his mind or grows some balls to punch you in the face.

Not exactly. KOS happens - but not from me. If I get the chance to team up with someone I just met, I'll try. Of cause you meet dickheads who attack you even with bare fists if they see you, but the air at the shore will help them to relax ;) . The best hours of playing for me resulted in talking instead of shooting right away,because I met people from romania, norway, england aand russia that way.

And I got shoot picking apples a few times....

Edited by Agilov