Sign in to follow this  
preacherlr

Connecting Failed

So, I'm able to get on any server, However a PC on the same network as me, just keeps getting " Connecting Failed " To any server.

Any ideas?

This has only started since 0.50.

Edited by Preach

So, I'm able to get on any server, However a PC on the same network as me, just keeps getting " Connecting Failed " To any server.

Are those connected at the same time? IE a friend / partner / brother / priest playing at the same time?

Edited by kichilron

Are those connected at the same time? IE a friend / partner / brother / priest playing at the same time?

Yeah, Girlfriends PC. We think we found the issue, Seems the patch either came with corrupted files, or corrupted files. I had to re-download the full game this morning when the patch launched, and we thought that'd be it. Her game launched perfectly fine, everything was normal, but as soon as she joined a server, " Connecting failed ". So we did a steam cache verification thing, 160 ( 4gb ) of missing files..

Edited by Preach

Yeah, Girlfriends PC. We think we found the issue, Seems the patch either came with corrupted files, or corrupted files. I had to re-download the full game this morning when the patch launched, and we thought that'd be it. Her game launched perfectly fine, everything was normal, but as soon as she joined a server, " Connecting failed ". So we did a steam cache verification thing, 160 ( 4gb ) of missing files..

It is always a good idea to run one game with a different port.

IE run your partner's game just normally and add this to your launchparameters on Steam:

-port=2310

This way you're making sure it's not an issue with the connection in the same network.

It is always a good idea to run one game with a different port.

IE run your partner's game just normally and add this to your launchparameters on Steam:

-port=2310

This way you're making sure it's not an issue with the connection in the same network.

Yeah, I've already done that. We got it sorted. I just copied my fresh install across and all was honkie dorie.

• Like 1