KilltheInfected

Spawn on coast glitch with existing character.

This bug is still occurring with current build. It has happened to me twice in the last two days. I'm posting up the most recent bug event.

Date/Time:

11:45 am EST

7/15/12

What happened:

Logged on to server, loaded existing character which was logged out north of Staroye but was instead spawned at the beach(as a new character would, all equipment lost from previous night, spawned with starter items only).

Where you were:

Staroye area.

What you were doing:

Logging in, should have spawned at last location.

*Current installed version:

*Server(s) you were on:

US 559

*Your system specs:

Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

8192MB RAM

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Logged out last night around 2am EST, called it a night.

This bug is still occurring with current build. It has happened to me twice in the last two days. I'm posting up the most recent bug event.

Date/Time:

11:45 am EST

7/15/12

What happened:

Logged on to server, loaded existing character which was logged out north of Staroye but was instead spawned at the beach(as a new character would, all equipment lost from previous night, spawned with starter items only).

Where you were:

Staroye area.

What you were doing:

Logging in, should have spawned at last location.

*Server(s) you were on:

US 559

*Your system specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

8192MB RAM

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Logged out last night around 2am EST, called it a night.

This just happened to me with the same issue from Stary, just hit respawn, do the usual exit to player list and rejoin and it should be up and running again where you were before the respawn, worked for me and 2 of my mates.

This happened to me last night as well with 1.7.2.3 and 94876 beta patch.

I was in the hills near Berezino when I logged out, I logged back in on the beach of Cherno (the one that is basically inside the town). Didn't die but it took me a good long while to work my way back to where I was :). Only happened the once so far.

Spawned debug plain, in the dark, on a daylight server with three other people standing around me, no gear no pack, they didn't seem to have packs either. Apparently having the same issue. Logged out, and into a new server, and spawned the coast with all my gear back...and my A.l.i.c.e.so, that's good. Managed to escape the coast using the kill everything that stands or crawls method, and now aside from the bandit breath, I'm in the same place I was. I will say, our tent city was obliterated by the server restarts, wire, sandbags, tents, everything was gone. But, it's in alpha, so...yeah. Good to know other people are having this problem and not just myself. Cheers!

Same thing happend to me only when I went to spawn instead of having my current character it gave me a new one.... lost everything. I was on USA 622 server just north of Elektrozavodusky when I logged off. The next time I logged in was on USA 602 to meet up with a buddy and it started me next to the airstrip on the coast with a new character. Sucked because I had tons of great gear.

My friend had this shit happen as did I.

When it happens...DO NOT HIT RESPAWN. Disconnect out to the main server screen, not completely out of the server, then hit the 'ok' again.

3 things will happen..

1)you will pop back up at your OLD location infront of a fresh corpse with all your gear on it (Happened to me)

2)You will pop up on the coast with all your gear

3)You will pop up on the coast with nothing and get to have the fun of restarting.

Logged out last night near Stary Sobor full pack.

Logged on when i got home from work and it tells me to select a new character.

My brother tells me that he got dayz today and that when he spawned he was someones existing character. I asked him what he had and he told me the gun and a couple of items. He then told me that he died with that character so i asked him if he had specific items. I named every thing that he had in his invintory and the exact place where he spawned was where i left my character when i logged off.

If im not on it spawns him as my character. If we want to play on the same server it kicks one of us.

the server we play on is:

S35 (1.7.2.3/94876) (Regular/3d:on/ch:off)

Only servers I played on before 1.7.2's release are saving my character's data. Any I play on post 1.7.2 are all saving a new set of character data.

I essentially can play two completely characters, depending on the server I am on.

C'mooooon!!

My char got wiped aswell.

My only fear is that I logged off in camp!! So, if anyone else got my char it will be spawning at my camp!

I tried everything in hand to make my way back, but no, I couldn't my char is still wiped.

Lost:

DMR;

NVG;

Rage Finder;

Coyote;

M9SD;

Grenades;

Map;

All belt items;

Food;

etc

Please, Rocket, fix this issue!

I can start another char, but start a char because of a wipe like this? This is a hell of a madness, loosing all my stuff, and what if anyone logs onto my char instead of me, and this is something that is frequently happenning?? They will steal all that has in my camp!! All that took hours for me and my fellows to get, and will be stole by a !@!*@#(!&@ that had the luck to spawn with my char.

Anyone have a solution to this??

i have this bug ;/

please give me my char i have as50 full medic backpack..

nickname: Germanizacja

last position: heli crash kozlovka

i play last time in ca server

Current installed version:

Edited by THISISPATCH?

Spawned on coast glitch as new character...

Date/Time:

logged out: Around 11 pm EST

logged in: around 3 pm EST (after installing update)

What happened:

Logged onto a server and noticed my character had respawned on the beach as if i had died and respawned a new character. I didn't die or accidentally click "Respawn" i remember specifically clicking abort with 12k hp and not seeing anyone in hours.

Where you were:

Devils Castle

Current Installed version:

1.7.2.3? (newest patch)

Server(s) you were on:

Not sure. probably a US server

Your system specs:

Laptop, Intel dual core processor, nvidia geforce g210m, 4gb Ram

Ps: i had an m4a1 cco sd with 7 mags, an as50 with 5 mags, and a coyote pack. being the best equips ive ever had i was a little disapointed in losing them...where im not too dissapointed to let them go. a rollback or reloading my previous characters data would be apreciated if possible :)

Edited by TheConqueror

Date/Time:

3:30 pm EST

7/18/12

What happened:

Logged onto server after being sniped DEAD on a ladder in Electro to find myself spawned on the coast, no character select screen, with full health but unconscious and immediately began bleeding. Bled to 6190 blood but continued on slowest hourglass I have ever seen before the game finally reported, "session lost".

Where you were:

Electro area.

What you were doing:

Logging in, should have spawned a new character.

1.7.2.3 and Beta 95054

Edited by BioHaze

I was Level Chuck Norris and then i got respawned to the coast. May i please have previous character profile reinstated?

for all !

i kill bug char and i have my old gear and position :)

go try !

That actually did the trick. Got my character back. Thanks! :D

Have also spawned on the beach with nothing to my name. Chalk this one up to corrupt data??

Hope we get enough people who are in the same boat to look into fixing this

Last server I was on was US 667 last night (20120717 @ 2345 (-0700))

Username: Jonis

The ARMA II patch came out and then I was unable to join any servers. After that I went to bed and logged in (now) with nothing.

Hope that helps!

I have also came across this issue.

First time I spawned at spawn with my original inventory.

Second time it happened I spawned with nothing.

im playing two completely different characters at the moment, a fully kitted out character on 99% of servers, and a brand new character on US 255 lol. No clue what is going on.

This just started happening to my character as well.

When I first load my character the server will give the message "Sparks has been killed" then it will respawn me in debug plains. However, When I disconnect and relog in it spawns me WITH all my gear on the coast.

Well crap! I spawned in some random ass position. Not on the coast but I only had the things in my inventory where primary ammo goes. Lost all my tools, guns, bag. What the hell am I going to do with painkillers and stanag ammo with no gun? lol

Hey

got the same problem with respawn at coast and im passed out:S

im stuckd at that hourglass and nothing happens:/

what to do? pls help cant play....